Anyone remapped a 3.2 V6?

its_neil

Reaction score
And was it worth it?

I'm not looking for big numbers, just a bit more smoothness and if possible, better MPG!

Anyone with a map able to get more than 280 miles to a full tank?!

Yep I did when I had mine, not worth it all TBH!

You won't see much gain for your money so wouldn't be worth it unless you were going mental with it and fitting a blower or maybe two. :ninja:

I looked at this when I had a 3.2 and decided the minimal gains Vs what would be £500's worth of petrol simply weren't worth it.

I know a guy with a mapped R32 that's around the 290 mark, so there are gains to be made. I think the n/a maps are more about beefing up the mid-range, rather than top end power figures. Should be better for economy too, unless you're caning it.

I know a guy with a mapped R32 that's around the 290 mark, so there are gains to be made. I think the n/a maps are more about beefing up the mid-range, rather than top end power figures. Should be better for economy too, unless you're caning it.

How's he got an extra 40 horses from a 3.2 assuming it's an A3 and not a MK4 R32 (then it would be a 50 horses increase), what modifications has he done to it to get that, surely that's not just from a map?

How's he got an extra 40 horses from a 3.2 assuming it's an A3 and not a MK4 R32 (then it would be a 50 horses increase), what modifications has he done to it to get that, surely that's not just from a map?

It's a MkV R32 with a Milltek and CustomCode map, everything else stock (some carbon trim bits, but doubt they add any power). Exact figure changes for each rolling road, but average about 288bhp, so ~40bhp increase.

The custom code maps are very intriguing. Apparently they're getting good gains on the 3.2 by changing the vvt. They don't have a retailer in the south east though.

Hi Everyone

Last week when it finally dried up (for an afternoon) we managed to get some numbers from an R32 mk5 running our VVT Attack and DSG software and compare them to a standard tune. We flashed the car back to standard in order to perform the tests. Obviously this setup is the same as an Audi with a 3.2 in it and the figures would be very similar.

The DSG is great for these tests as it executes a perfect (or at least the same) launch every single time and the numbers we were getting back confirmed this.

We are extremely pleased to see that a sub 5 second time is possible with our software and that the real road performance is very noticeable.

Enjoy!

See here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-attack-dsg-remap-=-0-60mph-4-92-seconds.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like see ( no offence to custom code) a r32 or a3 3.2 that is owned by a neutral and here their reviews. I have a mate with a manuel r32 who would be interested but close to £500 for a map which as far as I can find no reviews other than what custom code them selfs say, is a little worrying

Would like see ( no offence to custom code) a r32 or a3 3.2 that is owned by a neutral and here their reviews. I have a mate with a manuel r32 who would be interested but close to £500 for a map which as far as I can find no reviews other than what custom code them selfs say, is a little worrying

Have to respect the fact they have gone to a lot of effort to serve this purpose. I think it would be around 900 if you want the VVT attack and DSG software.

I paid 500 for a tdi remap from bluefin, the gains were good, can't expect anything special from a 140 TDI though. I am in two minds over the Custom Code, I will wait a while.

I'd be up for giving it a go, if it wasn't a few hours away from me. I'm looking at getting a cat back and remap anyway. Maybe if I speak to them they'll do some kind of deal if they think it'll answer people's fears. Could be worth it from a business point of view.

Nice write up paddy, makes for an interesting read. I already use momentum, and I was going for a cat back and remap just for noise and drivability. What's your opinion on the vvt attack map? could it really be genuine and getting good gains by changing the valve timing? I suppose there's only 1 way to find out really. And at the end of the day you should get the noise and drivability anyway.