Anyone planning to sell their 8V RS3 soon?

AsifG

Reaction score
I've sold my B7 RS4 and a looking for an RS3. I prefer to buy from an enthusiast rather than a dealer, and I know that there's plenty of people who would rather get more money privately rather than trading it in, but are sometimes put off by the risk of selling a high value car. I've been a forum member here since 2003(!!!) and am quite active on rs246.com as well as being one of the moderators on the RS4OC FB group.

Anyway, my ideal spec is:

Sepang/Nardo/Daytona/Black/White
SuperSport seats
Pan roof
Dynamic Pack
Tech/comfort & sound packs preferred too (but not essential)
full Audi history
under 25k miles

If you're looking to sell anytime between now and Sept please let me know!

Cheers

Always consider offers! My dealer Bristol is selling a 15 plate for £38k base spec nearly. I certainly wouldn't sell for anything less than £40k. Would be more interested in selling my A4 Avant !

Always consider offers! My dealer Bristol is selling a 15 plate for £38k base spec nearly. I certainly wouldn't sell for anything less than £40k. Would be more interested in selling my A4 Avant !

That car is very basic and is one of the first demo's, no wonder they can't shift it haha!

Reactions: RGBARGEE
My S3 will be up for sale in 8 or so weeks ;) Shame it's the wrong model ;)

My S3 will be up for sale in 8 or so weeks ;) Shame it's the wrong model ;)
Having had a 300PS S3 before the RS I can confirm that there is a huge difference and yes the RS is well worth the extra money. I grin very time I drive my RS3... never had that with a car before so it must be love!

Reactions: Terminator x
Having had a 300PS S3 before the RS I can confirm that there is a huge difference and yes the RS is well worth the extra money. I grin very time I drive my RS3... never had that with a car before so it must be love!

The 310PS is that little bit more fun, still doesn't sound like the RS and will never be on the sameness planet. But mine has the centre box delete and with the pops and crackles as standard, it certainly is more fun. It's a great car and I don't need anymore than it, but my hesitation has been won over by the amount of people who say the move has never been regretted.

Did you have the same dilemma? I know the RS is a fantastic car, but so is the S3 so it does leave a doubt in my mind (one I never thought I'd have).

S3 is like supermarket brand beans (still taste great) whilst RS3 is Heinz (best you can get). All imho pls don't kill me S3 owners ;).

TX.

Reactions: Joe4842, James 123, Radman and 1 other person
S3 is like supermarket brand beans (still taste great) whilst RS3 is Heinz (best you can get). All imho pls don't kill me S3 owners ;).

TX.

So a modded RS3 must be Heinz Beans with Pork Sausages....

HER1200161 Heinz Beanz with Pork Sausages 200g1

Reactions: dunes7 and Terminator x
I haven't driven an RS since my S3, so difficult for me to comment.
Lol, you might not own or have driven an RS3 for a while, but you definitely don't find it difficult to comment on them!!! ;)

Lol, you might not own or have driven an RS3 for a while, but you definitely don't find it difficult to comment on them!!! ;)

Lmao ;) Well I can't compare the S3 to the RS3. I had driven an S3 before my last drive in the RS, but I couldn't compare the two because it was months apart. It will be interesting when I can get my hands on a demonstrator.

TX.

Had to think about that comparison twice before understanding it. You know you're on a UK forum when baked beans are used to explain the difference in cars :whistle2:

I didn't even consider a RS3 because I knew what a S3 costs. I just looked up the price at their homepage. £117k for the base model..... I think you're all spoiled because you have the ability to think about buying such a beast!

Good luck to OP with finding a RS3.

(Just a question on the side, is it A or AN RS3/S3?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x and AudiNutta
Use "an" if followed by a vowel. C'mon guys ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dno_uk, dunes7, T-800 and 1 other person

TX.
Not sure Heinz are the best beans... I think Waitrose own brand are far better - try them if you haven't!!

Not sure Heinz are the best beans... I think Waitrose own brand are far better - try them if you haven't!!
Waitrose...posh git! ;)

Reactions: AudiNutta and RGBARGEE