Anyone picked up a new Audi S3 with OPF filter?

Has anyone had a res delete fitted and if so is it any good?
:racer::racer:

Still not done mate =/ The mechanic won't be back until the 18th unfortunately. I've sent some emails around but no one has come back to me yet.

Sucks mate! Let us know when its done please

Res delete fitted to my car today and running all ok no errors etc.

Sound is not super loud but sounds more like the car I test drove back in July last year.

But the res delete does fit all ok. Go get them done ✅

Reactions: IgorFB and OliS3

Sound is not super loud but sounds more like the car I test drove back in July last year.

But the res delete does fit all ok. Go get them done
Try permanently opening the exhaust flaps as well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

But the res delete does fit all ok. Go get them done ✅

can you upload a soundclip mate?

I would love to but I am away for a few days.

But when in dynamic with the exhaust vales are open there Is deffinettley more noise.
I am pretty sure there was the beggining of a dsg fart today. Still running in but hit 4000
Revs by accident but there Is deffinettley something there
This does now make a much nicer sound.

Good luck to all

Reactions: Jcbmally and IgorFB
I would love to but I am away for a few days.

But when in dynamic with the exhaust vales are open there Is deffinettley more noise.
I am pretty sure there was the beggining of a dsg fart today. Still running in but hit 4000
Revs by accident but there Is deffinettley something there
This does now make a much nicer sound.

Good luck to all

:icon thumright:

Having mine done next tuesday.

Hi there,

It should fit.

My one was a BCS Powervalve one and fits a treat and very well made.
No reason that one should not fit.

Good luck :racer::racer:

Got the BCS kit fitted today. Haven't had much time to test it out yet but there is definitely a difference.

Shot this quick clip earlier to try and get some of the sounds in but the quality is quite poor. Once I figure out how to best record a clip that actually shows the difference I'll upload it.

Reactions: Mythos and OliS3
Got the BCS kit fitted today. Haven't had much time to test it out yet but there is definitely a difference.

Shot this quick clip earlier to try and get some of the sounds in but the quality is quite poor. Once I figure out how to best record a clip that actually shows the difference I'll upload it.

That's with a gpf? If so I'm slightly relieved

Yep! Mine is the 300ps post WLPT my19 or whatever it's called :p

Reactions: OliS3
Yep! Mine is the 300ps post WLPT my19 or whatever it's called :p
I've been seriously considering cancelling my order and that has confirmed I won't be cancelling. I assume still no dsg up shift noise?

thanks mate finally a soundclip of the 2019 one. sounds good te me! he got his pops and bangs back?

I don't think the 19 plate cars have the Dsg up shift noise . Mine doesn't anyway but its only done 160 miles . I hope i'am wrong as i like the up shift noise .

I don't think the 19 plate cars have the Dsg up shift noise . Mine doesn't anyway but its only done 160 miles . I hope i'am wrong as i like the up shift noise .
I do as well, though I'm happy the my19 has some sound. Should be picking mine up in 2 weeks

I do as well, though I'm happy the my19 has some sound. Should be picking mine up in 2 weeks

pff I need to wait 2 more months :'(

I'am happy with how it sounds to mate just missing that up shift noise . What colour have you gone for ?

BCS Res delete is fantastic. That video @IgorFB sounds good. Maybe a little quieter than before this OPF but honestly still sounds good all things considered.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: oli356
I haven't yet noticed any upshift noise but that's not to say it's not there. I only drove it for ~10 minutes after getting the mod.
I'll try to mount the gopro to the car and do a few runs over the next few weeks.

So far I'm happy. It's not as loud as the pre-gpf but it does sound nice. You can definitely hear it on the downshifts and overruns.

I haven't yet noticed any upshift noise but that's not to say it's not there. I only drove it for ~10 minutes after getting the mod.
I'll try to mount the gopro to the car and do a few runs over the next few weeks.

So far I'm happy. It's not as loud as the pre-gpf but it does sound nice. You can definitely hear it on the downshifts and overruns.
good to hear mate! and hopefully there are some downpipes soon.

After all the comments I read after ordering you've made me happy anyway. Thanks for the video

I'd say if the part fits 8V FL then it'd still fit. As proved by the BCS Res delete. Couldn't comment on older 8V models.

I'd say if the part fits 8V FL then it'd still fit. As proved by the BCS Res delete. Couldn't comment on older 8V models.

its this one so normally it will fit I think

Were you getting the pops before you fitted the res delete?

Not like those in the video, no.

Also keep in mind I've done about 1700 miles, so I have had a bit of a run in. The car was definitely much quieter when I picked it up and now with this pipe it sounds great.
Not really noticed pops on upshifts but overall I feel like I can hear the engine a lot better now, it pops when you rev hard and it's not too obnoxious when just driving around.

I test drove the pre-gpf model mid last year when putting my order through and to be honest I prefer the sound this one makes. This is purely my own preference.

Reactions: Jcbmally, OliS3, mve7 and 1 other person
Great timing

Good morning, Oli. We can see that your vehicle has arrived at the UK port. As you vehicle has arrived during the working week, it can take on average 24 hours to be unloaded. The car can wait for up to one week to be assigned to a transporter for delivery to the Centre. Once on the transporter, the timescale for delivery to the Centre is three to five working days. Please, let us know if we can assist you further.

Like I said you won’t be disappointed.

I agree I think it sounds better than the old one. Not too loud but just nice

I believe the golf R has a different exhaust so not quite so easy for those boys

Have fun all

Reactions: Jcbmally

Just do a few fly bys while someone else records mate, probably the best way.

Reactions: OliS3 and JimmyMcGee
I doubt there is any need for the BCS pipe with the GPF in place so I'm going to order a mandrel bent one off ebay for £75 and get it fitted on day 1

I doubt there is any need for the BCS pipe with the GPF in place so I'm going to order a mandrel bent one off ebay for £75 and get it fitted on day 1

Haha also the first thing that I'm going to do when I've my s3

Reactions: OliS3
Reactions: Jcbmally
Got a 2019 model, over 2k miles now and the exhaust has opened up a bit imo. Definitely better than the day I got it. Compared to the pre-gpf cars - Less farty sounds and more of a deeper tone to me which I think is nice.

Vagsport have just released a res delete kit for the 2019 S3.

Can you maybe give me a link to the pipe? I only find the one that I already posted.
Kind regards

Can you maybe give me a link to the pipe? I only find the one that I already posted.
Kind regards
I just happened to see a Facebook post advertising a day or 2 ago. I'll have a look :icon thumright: