Anyone picked up a new Audi S3 with OPF filter?

Was watching TR hamzas sound video, the pops and bangs are fairly easy to hear, especially at 1:50 when he downshift a couple of times.

I wonder if there are differences in the FL, mine is an early 2017 model and get pops and bags most downshifts in dynamic, both in D and S gearbox setting. I get them in auto as well, just not as often.
Mine was registered July 2017, you could get pops and bangs but wasn't "easy" much more enjoyable with a res delete now

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: TYb
Must go out and try now. :wink:

Anyway without me starting another thread.
Can the guys with the new car confirm that they have memory seats?

There also seems to be a big hike in torque ,20%, anyone confirm this? I would have thought Audi would be advertising/pushing this as the big sell or is it a typo?

Upload 2019 1 9 20 7 48

Upload 2019 1 9 20 8 5

If the engine was making 480Nm of torque at 5850 RPM then it would be around 390 Bhp ???.
https://www.magtrol.com/motor-power-calculator/
So something is not right. For those stated figures to work the torque would be more like 380Nm not 480Nm.
The actual peak reading may be correct but at lower RPM.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Mines pops n bangs as its known constantly in downshifts everything set to dynamic bar the suspension setting in the individual mode but to be honest it wouldn't bother me if it didn't my last PFL only done the dsg upshift noise. I really can't see the MY19 cars not doing this but it's a 3rd world problem
Just looked at a video of the New Cupra 290 and Cupra atteca can confirm they don’t DSG Fart anymore just pure vacuum sound :(.

If the engine was making 480Nm of torque at 5850 RPM then it would be around 390 Bhp ???.
https://www.magtrol.com/motor-power-calculator/
So something is not right. For those stated figures to work the torque would be more like 380Nm not 480Nm.
The actual peak reading may be correct but at lower RPM.
They originally copy and pasted the figures from the RS3, they corrected the power and displacement but obviously forgot the torque...

They originally copy and pasted the figures from the RS3, they corrected the power and displacement but obviously forgot the torque...
I honestly expected better from Audi. False advertisement. Big law suits

Reactions: keenu

Yeah 480 NM is the torque for the RS3, I don't think the 2019 S3 would have this figure especially as PS is down by 10!

Picked mine up this morning and drove 55 miles home. The car is definitely quieter, the fake noise is reduced but you can still hear the upshift "whumfp" noise. When it's run in I'll open the taps but it feels every bit as potent as my last one.
I did notice the insulation seems to have improved as the wind noise well next to none. Tyre noise was still there depending what surface your on of course. The MMI look the same but seems to work faster and the display in the dash looks a bit crisper, some subtle changes to the graphics as well.
No Audi beam :rage:but they have ordered some for me, not standard anymore. Noticed a £100 cost but no option against it:rage:, apparently it is for the spare wheel as this is not standard even with the Audi sound system anymore, but promptly refunded.

But the biggish issue I had was the lack of privacy glass (£375 back to me) and wait for it,,,,,, drum role,,,,,,,, no SS seats:rage::rage:.
After a very long chat and obviously some very red faces etc. Offered me an Audi driving day and detailing the car at a place of my choice. I pondered for 1/2hr on whether I should accept it but in the end I did.
So overall a mix bag of emotions today but I couldn't be ***** re-ordering and going through the long wait again.

Daytona S3
Daytona S3
Dytona S3

Last edited:
Reactions: loftylad, oli356 and AlS3BE
Wow **** poor from Audi build right there fella :flushed:

TX.

Reactions: loftylad, oli356 and Jcbmally
Wow **** poor from Audi build right there fella :flushed:

TX.

Reactions: Bells and oli356
Picked mine up this morning and drove 55 miles home. The car is definitely quieter, the fake noise is reduced but you can still hear the upshift "whumfp" noise. When it's run in I'll open the taps but it feels every bit as potent as my last one.
I did notice the insulation seems to have improved as the wind noise well next to none. Tyre noise was still there depending what surface your on of course. The MMI look the same but seems to work faster and the display in the dash looks a bit crisper, some subtle changes to the graphics as well.
No Audi beam :rage:but they have ordered some for me, not standard anymore. Noticed a £100 cost but no option against it:rage:, apparently it is for the spare wheel as this is not standard even with the Audi sound system anymore, but promptly refunded.

But the biggish issue I had was the lack of privacy glass (£375 back to me) and wait for it,,,,,, drum role,,,,,,,, no SS seats:rage::rage:.
After a very long chat and obviously some very red faces etc. Offered me an Audi driving day and detailing the car at a place of my choice. I pondered for 1/2hr on whether I should accept it but in the end I did.
So overall a mix bag of emotions today but I couldn't be ***** re-ordering and going through the long wait again.

View attachment 173208 View attachment 173209 View attachment 173210

Lovely car. I would have kicked up more fuss and not been so rational about it.
Did you get electric memory seats?
Had a look yesterday and Audi beam is there on the standard spec by the looks of it. Was told by a dealer if it has led puddle lights all they need to do now is buy a new lens for the puddle lights with the Audi/Quattro logo for £12 instead of £80 for kit. Trying to find the part number for these lenses as my rears don’t have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally
Lovely car. I would have kicked up more fuss and not been so rational about it.
Did you get electric memory seats?
Had a look yesterday and Audi beam is there on the standard spec by the looks of it. Was told by a dealer if it has led puddle lights all they need to do now is buy a new lens for the puddle lights with the Audi/Quattro logo for £12. Trying to find the part number for these lenses as my rears don’t have it.

It's always said memory seats but unless that's changed they have never done them for the A3 - Audi Beam is missing of the MY19 brochure

It's always said memory seats but unless that's changed they have never done them for the A3 - Audi Beam is missing of the MY19 brochure
Oh well. My mate was looking to get one and he was wanting the memory seats. Another error on Audi website.

Oh well. My mate was looking to get one and he was wanting the memory seats. Another error on Audi website.

Indeed - It's not mentioned on the website but when you order and get your spec list it says memory seats - There are so many errors

The MY19 brochure still states S3 on the Brake Callipers and S3 Logo on the dashboard (which is unique to the S3 as it has the boost gauge) but you don't get them - Their proof readers should be fired the facelift has been out nearly 3 years

Reactions: AlS3BE
Thats horrendous @Jcbmally I'm sure the SS seats were a key option you specced, not a bad offer they've given but still what a huge balls up, especially after waiting so long! Look forward to the feedback on the car after its has been ran in!

Indeed - It's not mentioned on the website but when you order and get your spec list it says memory seats - There are so many errors

The MY19 brochure still states S3 on the Brake Callipers and S3 Logo on the dashboard (which is unique to the S3 as it has the boost gauge) but you don't get them - Their proof readers should be fired the facelift has been out nearly 3 years
Mine has S3 logo on the red calipers and "S" in the cluster. Maybe mine is a hybrid (parts, not electric) lol

Thats horrendous @Jcbmally I'm sure the SS seats were a key option you specced, not a bad offer they've given but still what a huge balls up, especially after waiting so long! Look forward to the feedback on the car after its has been ran in!
Cheers bud. I did want the SS seats hence I had to have a good think about it. Toss up between re-order and no SS seats but once I was on my way I thought ah f*** it.

Reactions: loftylad, AlS3BE and Adam14
My MY17 car has S3 on Calipers but only an S on the dashboard (speed gauge)?

My 2017 only has S on the calipers and steering wheel. I haven't actually seen S3 on the calipers on the FL models.

Reading the above posts Audi really need to get their act together. Wrong figures and equipment on the configurator. Orders not even coming in with correct spec. This whole WLTP has really messed them up. I am glad i wont be ordering new anytime soon!

Reactions: loftylad and Jcbmally
My 2017 only has S on the calipers and steering wheel. I haven't actually seen S3 on the calipers on the FL models.

Reading the above posts Audi really need to get their act together. Wrong figures and equipment on the configurator. Orders not even coming in with correct spec. This whole WLTP has really messed them up. I am glad i wont be ordering new anytime soon!
Yes mate, next time I will order a new car I'll spec the opposite to what I want and maybe, just maybe, I'll get what I really want lol.

Reactions: loftylad and AlS3BE
Yes mate, next time I will order a new car I'll spec the opposite to what I want and maybe, just maybe, I'll get what I really want lol.
Haha very true! These sort of issues really shouldn't be happening for a company of this size.

Mine has S3 logo on the red calipers and "S" in the cluster. Maybe mine is a hybrid (parts, not electric) lol

Might be because you specifically ordered Red Callipers and the optional extra's does say they come with S3 on them although so does the standard but they hide behind the brochure can change at anytime (it clearly hasn't though) and it would massively be embarrassing if yours came without when you'd just paid £325 for them - Not that they sprayed them I'm sure they are on the parts shelf ready painted

What colour Aerial is yours I can't see if it's Daytona or Black - Apparently all cars will be coming through with Black aerials for MY19 as well instead of colour coded - How cheap is that even Ford's colour code their aerials

Mind you it's not like they've increased the standard cost of the car - Oh hang on they have

Thing is was it the dealer that ordered the wrong spec or was it delivered from factory with wrong spec? I would lean towards dealer and not factory.

S on the steering wheel, seats and door sills was introduced on the facelift models so that they could use these parts on the S-Lines as well - My 16 plate had S3 on the seats, Steering Wheel, Door Sills and Gearstick (Manual) - My 18 plate facelift model just has S as per the brochure - What a way to save a few bucks but cheapen the S3 model

S on the steering wheel, seats and door sills was introduced on the facelift models so that they could use these parts on the S-Lines as well - My 16 plate had S3 on the seats, Steering Wheel, Door Sills and Gearstick (Manual) - My 18 plate facelift model just has S as per the brochure - What a way to save a few bucks but cheapen the S3 model
Weird as they did that with the RS's too so dropped 3, 4, 5 and 6 from the seats etc. Crazy cos the RS3 seats only appear in the RS3!

TX.

Reactions: Sparks43 and Jcbmally
Might be because you specifically ordered Red Callipers and the optional extra's does say they come with S3 on them although so does the standard but they hide behind the brochure can change at anytime (it clearly hasn't though) and it would massively be embarrassing if yours came without when you'd just paid £325 for them - Not that they sprayed them I'm sure they are on the parts shelf ready painted

What colour Aerial is yours I can't see if it's Daytona or Black - Apparently all cars will be coming through with Black aerials for MY19 as well instead of colour coded - How cheap is that even Ford's colour code their aerials

Mind you it's not like they've increased the standard cost of the car - Oh hang on they have
Ariel is gloss black :wtf:never even noticed in the showroom.

Another difference is the voice command/control is more responsive and the commands are extended, or maybe I just didn't use mine enough last time.
Commands like "email John Smith"

Ariel is gloss black :wtf:never even noticed in the showroom.

Sorry didn't mean to upset you - With the other issues you've had I think they would probably get that painted for you

It's such a s**t way to save a few quid

Weird as they did that with the RS's too so dropped 3, 4, 5 and 6 from the seats etc. Crazy cos the RS3 seats only appear in the RS3!

TX.
Aren’t the RS3 seats the same as the options in the S3 and S line or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Aren’t the RS3 seats the same as the options in the S3 and S line or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Not sure but the RS3 still gets RS so they might as well put the 3 on it the cheap skates - Where as we just get S the same as the S-Line - So a 1.2 S-Line will have the same Seats, Steering Wheel and Door Sills as the S3 - Basically the interior now looks the same apart from the S on the dashboard

Not sure but the RS3 still gets RS so they might as well put the 3 on it the cheap skates - Where as we just get S the same as the S-Line - So a 1.2 S-Line will have the same Seats, Steering Wheel and Door Sills as the S3 - Basically the interior now looks the same apart from the S on the dashboard

Definitely same seats, all cost options in the models, not even standard in the RS3 which
Is poor. No material differences interior wise, just stitching here and there and the RS steering wheel. There aretein upgrades available but again nothing material.

Definitely same seats, all cost options in the models, not even standard in the RS3 which
Is poor. No material differences interior wise, just stitching here and there and the RS steering wheel. There aretein upgrades available but again nothing material.
There was a while where only the RS3 could option red stitching but afaik S3 has that now too.

My point was why not leave it RS3 as that seat isn't available on the other RS models eg it's cheap ;)

TX.

Edit - isn't the RS3 seat perforated vs the S3 etc which is "just" stitched?

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
9e74b3e919b5d8f85809878095b21a22.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally and TYb
There was a while where only the RS3 could option red stitching but afaik S3 has that now too.

My point was why not leave it RS3 as that seat isn't available on the other RS models eg it's cheap ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Yeh agree, I think it’s a bit of a p take that they are a cost option in an RS3. Just seen that snakeskin said the RS3 seats are perforated and not in S3 so slightly different after all.

It’s only half the super sports seats as well. The bottom is the same as the standard seats.

Reactions: Jcbmally and TYb
Slight update regarding the 2019 S3, some differences, obviously, to my last 310 one.
  • Suspension seems harder than last one (didn't/don't have MAG)
  • Sounds quieter, not the same sense of "theater" more gentlemen's express.
  • Fake noise is become boring now, even that sounds different to the last one.
  • No black tips 560 mile in (particulate filter) so that's a plus point.
  • Still early days but naff on fuel 24mpg (for now, will improve (hopes).
  • Seats are not bad, don't support the sides as good but still very comfortable for me.
  • Daytona easier to keep cleaner than White.
  • Although 10ps less I can't tell one bit, still feels like a wee beastie.
  • Absolutely love the dimming/folding mirrors.
  • On this one I don't like the HHA at all, seems to stick forever before releasing so I've switched it off.
  • Some DAB stations seem to have disappeared from the MMI no matter how many times I reset/update the thing.
  • Sound system sounds better IMO, seems to have "bedded" in quicker.
  • Voice commands seem to be better, as in when I ask "her" to do something it actually gets it right first time. Saves me screeching at the ****** thing and by-passers looking a bit "WTF"!
So still have to get a few more miles on it before I give it the full beans but all in all good points and some not so good. All my on opinion of course and I'm sure other owners will have different feelings/comments etc but judging all the comments on the next gen A3/S3 I think I'm going to hang on to this one for some time (hopefully).

Reactions: Terminator x, oli356 and Paul finch
Slight update regarding the 2019 S3, some differences, obviously, to my last 310 one.
  • Seats are not bad, don't support the sides as good but still very comfortable for me.
  • On this one I don't like the HHA at all, seems to stick forever before releasing so I've switched it off.
  • Some DAB stations seem to have disappeared from the MMI no matter how many times I reset/update the thing.
  • Voice commands seem to be better, as in when I ask "her" to do something it actually gets it right first time. Saves me screeching at the ****** thing and by-passers looking a bit "WTF"!
So still have to get a few more miles on it before I give it the full beans but all in all good points and some not so good. All my on opinion of course and I'm sure other owners will have different feelings/comments etc but judging all the comments on the next gen A3/S3 I think I'm going to hang on to this one for some time (hopefully).
Has it lost the DSG upshift noise ?

Totally agree with your assessment mate,just would add,my2019 leds are far better than my old s3 xenons.