Anyone ordered a new S3 yet?

Yes, in your signature hence the laughing
I also ignore him, fed up of the brexit crap he spouts.

I think I must be dyslexic though as when I see the user name I keep saying GARBAGE.

Reactions: 8YARWY, pburv and NevMan
Does anyone know if the cup holders in the centre consul are illuminated on the 8y....just dawned on me as from the videos l have seen ...errr never noticed this.....Stood outside my car tonight prior to driving home.....car was running and of course it getting dark earlier and the 8v's interior still looks mightily impressive....all lit up

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY, Jcbmally and 2 others
Does anyone know if the cup holders in the centre consul are illuminated on the 8y....just dawned on me as from the videos l have seen ...errr never noticed this.....Stood outside my car tonight prior to driving home.....car was running and of course it getting dark earlier and the 8v's interior still looks mightily impressive....all lit up
Unless it's an option I can't see it in this mate.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Jcbmally

the centre console storage compartment is but not sure it extends to the cup holders and doesn’t say it does if you upgrade to the ambient pack - would be disappointed if they didn’t but wouldn’t put it past Audi with their penny pinching - removing the S3 on the seats and brake callipers on the 8v was tight ****

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Another A3 review which I thought was entertaining...:icon thumright:

What a pile Mince he blurted out in that review .......He doesnt drive a 8v FL ....it's all to do with what car you drive atm and what car you want to be in next

Reactions: pburv and Jcbmally
Unless it's an option I can't see it in this mate.

See all that Blackpool ambient lighting that doesnt impress me....been in dozens of Beemers that light up frickin everything in sight matter of fact....in one car Jordan had you could have 3 different colours all going on at the one time

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY, AdamInKent and 2 others
See all that Blackpool ambient lighting that doesnt impress me....been in dozens of Beemers that light up frickin everything in sight matter of fact....in one car Jordan had you could have 3 different colours all going on at the one time
I agree, ambient lighting is nice but there has to be a limit.
It could be worse :whistle2::scared2::scared2:
0d2855edc0d2db3326799702453a5143

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and pburv
What a pile Mince he blurted out in that review .......He doesnt drive a 8v FL ....it's all to do with what car you drive atm and what car you want to be in next
Alas:concern: there's a huge gap in what car I drive a the moment and what I would like to be in next.. lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and Jcbmally
Has anyone commented on the fact there is no more manual mode? Or is that not the case?

I believe there are still paddles but if its anything like the 8v it will override back into automatic mode after a few seconds?

Has anyone commented on the fact there is no more manual mode? Or is that not the case?

I believe there are still paddles but if its anything like the 8v it will override back into automatic mode after a few seconds?
I went to look at the new S3 saloon today and the paddles turn on manual mode and it does not switch back until you operates the gear knob

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Still one of the best interiors.

8Y is terrible. The headlights on the new model look dis-proportionate to the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and pburv
I also ignore him, fed up of the brexit **** he spouts.

I think I must be dyslexic though as when I see the user name I keep saying GARBAGE.

Lol that made me laugh as I had the same thought

Reactions: txosbi, pburv and NevMan
Still one of the best interiors.

8Y is terrible. The headlights on the new model look dis-proportionate to the rest of it.

The lack of a power increase is also a big disappointment and it being a tad slower to 60 which I know isn't a massive deal to some people
but when you are spending around 40k plus on the latest model i expect it to have better stats than the out going model .

Reactions: pburv and 8YARWY
The lack of a power increase is also a big disappointment and it being a tad slower to 60 which I know isn't a massive deal to some people
but when you are spending around 40k plus on the latest model i expect it to have better stats than the out going model .

Exactly ! And launch models not even offering the wider virtual cockpit, which won’t be added for a few months yet.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv and NevMan
I went to look at the new S3 saloon today and the paddles turn on manual mode and it does not switch back until you operates the gear knob

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
RS3 held the gear though through to limiter.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv

When using the paddles in drive mode it reverts back to drive after a few seconds of inactivity but if it’s in sport mode when using the paddles it will stay in manual mode until you select drive again

Reactions: NevMan and pburv

I just came here to ask exactly this, was wondering how “manual mode” was selected given that you can’t push the gear selector sideways now.

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
I just came here to ask exactly this, was wondering how “manual mode” was selected given that you can’t push the gear selector sideways now.

pushing back on the gear selector puts it into sport mode or drive mode, it’s sprung loaded so always returns the middle. Selecting manual is done by touching the paddles... this is the first S-Tronic I’ve owned so not sure how that differs to the previous versions

pushing back on the gear selector puts it into sport mode or drive mode, it’s sprung loaded so always returns the middle. Selecting manual is done by touching the paddles... this is the first S-Tronic I’ve owned so not sure how that differs to the previous versions

Problem I see here is that you may need manual mode, going up or down a big hill or in the snow, but you wouldn't want manual in sport mode in these conditions surely

Problem I see here is that you may need manual mode, going up or down a big hill or in the snow, but you wouldn't want manual in sport mode in these conditions surely

The option is still there to use manual in drive mode, I use it often when going up and down hills, admittedly I’ve not tried it in snow yet

The option is still there to use manual in drive mode, I use it often when going up and down hills, admittedly I’ve not tried it in snow yet

Yes but if you want to say hold it in gear 2 you can't as after a while you said drive mode goes back to Auto (as does the 8V model) which will immediately change the gear and you'd then have to change with the paddles again which defeats the object of trying to hold it in aspecific gear

In the 8V, because you had the option of the tiptronic on the gearstick when you moved it across it stayed in manual mode until you moved it back over

Does putting the transmission into Sport mode change anything else in the car or just gear selection speed etc?
I assume if you hold the transmission in say second, the ratio and engine braking would be the same in D or S?

Does putting the transmission into Sport mode change anything else in the car or just gear selection speed etc?
I assume if you hold the transmission in say second, the ratio and engine braking would be the same in D or S?

That I don't know and is a good question - I do know that as soon as you put in S mode the revs increase though so assume would be revving higher

All this dicussion on the new 8y...l think the maximum discount of 8-5% and a APR of 6-5% for a S3 nobody in their right mind should even contemplate ordering one...plus other model designations ie edition 1 and vorsprung models will follow

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 4 others
That I don't know and is a good question - I do know that as soon as you put in S mode the revs increase though so assume would be revving higher
I think the revs rise because instead of being in say D6 the car drops to S4 for instance, but, D4 or S4 should still be the same.

All this dicussion on the new 8y...l think the maximum discount of 8-5% and a APR of 6-5% for a S3 nobody in their right mind should even contemplate ordering one...plus other model designations ie edition 1 and vorsprung models will follow

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I totally agree ... if you buy one now you will risk its future value crashing too as you will miss out on some 'essential imo' spec options such as the enhanced virtual cockpit / better alloys etc. Based on the new inflated prices, discount would have to be over 10% for me to remotely consider buying one.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
I think the revs rise because instead of being in say D6 the car drops to S4 for instance, but, D4 or S4 should still be the same.

No they rise from D1 to S1 - Idle is about 900 rpm but as soon as you put it into S the idle speed increases to 1100 rpm so definite difference

Nope, got this instead :grin::grin:
4292D7B0 8050 47FF B73E ACDE976FB8A1
F8BE9318 C392 4F63 8BBE 69836A56D357
68E6BEDB B21E 4437 B65D E07605B0A572
8F4A9487 F216 4CC4 938D 44800AC8A4C7

Reactions: BarryG79 and pburv
My car was getting some warranty work done today....needless to say l had a bit of a wait this afternoon in the showroom,during this time l inquired about the Vorsprung S3 variant....Dealer had no info at all on this model

Reactions: NevMan
My car was getting some warranty work done today....needless to say l had a bit of a wait this afternoon in the showroom,during this time l inquired about the Vorsprung S3 variant....Dealer had no info at all on this model

really it’s on Audi.co.uk under explore models - not sure about salesman and dealers sometimes - my friend whose a master tech said you should be able to order A3/S3 Vorsprung sometime this month so they must have info

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Jassyo06
really it’s on Audi.co.uk under explore models - not sure about salesman and dealers sometimes - my friend whose a master tech said you should be able to order A3/S3 Vorsprung sometime this month so they must have info

Yeah l have seen the Vorsprung....guff on the Audi website but l was looking for standard specs/ available optional extras and prices.....off to another dealer tomorrow

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
Yeah l have seen the Vorsprung....guff on the Audi website but l was looking for standard specs/ available optional extras and prices.....off to another dealer tomorrow

Ok - not sure there’s going to be many options left are there though as it has pretty much everything on it that you can add add to the standard with the bonus of the bigger VC

Ok - not sure there’s going to be many options left are there though as it has pretty much everything on it that you can add add to the standard with the bonus of the bigger VC

Hope not lol personally speaking it would need to have a optional interior design pack ie Red Stitching and a alloy choice

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Sparks43 and Jcbmally
Hope not lol personally speaking it would need to have a optional interior design pack ie Red Stitching and a alloy choice

Alloy choice is poor - I actually prefer the standard 18” wheels to be honest