Anyone ordered a new S3 yet?

Darlo

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has ordered a new S3 yet?

I’ve found what I think is a decent lease deal and I’ve added a few options, comfort and sound, metallic paint, wireless and the 19” trapezoid wheels.

Coming in at £346 a month with £3k down on 4 year deal. Could get basic spec for £317.

Anyone seen any better deals? Not interested in doing a pcp before anyone asks ha ha!

Cheers

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Jcbmally
Thats a good deal but do you do need to keep the car for the full 47 months?

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Darlo
Thats a good deal but do you do need to keep the car for the full 47 months?

Yes mate. Tend to lease for three years but speccing it so I’m totally happy to keep it for 4 years.

You can send them back early, but usually have to pay 50% of the outstanding costs.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Jassyo06
According to Audi the S3 Vorsprung is exactly like the red car we've all seen in images over the last few months ableit no black exhaust trims nor the carbon rear spoiler nor even the top of the range alloy design...just has the BSP....plus the optional RS4 design like alloys ..
d65a65be7732da4b27b68d76067583d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jcbmally
According to Audi the S3 Vorsprung is exactly like the red car we've all seen in images over the last few months ableit no black exhaust trims nor the carbon rear spoiler nor even the top of the range alloy design...just has the BSP....plus the optional RS4 design like alloys ..
d65a65be7732da4b27b68d76067583d6.jpg

Thanks. This is what I have specced. I fear the vorsprung will be way above my budget

Attachments

• 6497437C-6A26-46AC-9EF5-0E5896BCC7BD.jpeg
    6497437C-6A26-46AC-9EF5-0E5896BCC7BD.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 444
Reactions: NevMan, pburv, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Thanks. This is what I have specced. I fear the vorsprung will be way above my budget

**** yer budget mate..you should have gone for a Saloon...lol..............As you lease it yeah a Vorsprung would have been stupid money.....and there's no cheaper Edition 1 on the horizon either.........A model that bridges between the gap between basic car to the stupidly expensive toy laden Vorsprung

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and Darlo
**** yer budget mate..you should have gone for a Saloon...lol..............As you lease it yeah a Vorsprung would have been stupid money.....and there's no cheaper Edition 1 on the horizon either.........A model that bridges between the gap between basic car to the stupidly expensive toy laden Vorsprung

Yeah I’ve tried to add a couple of nice touches, and I think the grey makes the aluminium/chrome work. Dont get me wrong, I would love a few more bits and like you say a model in between May have done the job.

Not signed up yet, mrs wants me to order so I stop going on about it and may stop me taking her A35... love it more than my golf R ha ha.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, pburv and 2 others
Yeah I’ve tried to add a couple of nice touches, and I think the grey makes the aluminium/chrome work. Dont get me wrong, I would love a few more bits and like you say a model in between May have done the job.

Not signed up yet, mrs wants me to order so I stop going on about it and may stop me taking her A35... love it more than my golf R ha ha.

Dislike the A Class design a lot.....but then again....Not a lotta people know that on here.....NOT.....LOL

Reactions: Sparks43, RGBARGEE, NevMan and 3 others
Dislike the A Class design a lot.....but then again....Not a lotta people know that on here.....NOT.....LOL
Cant say I'ver ever got that impression from you. :D
Speaking of cars that you might like though.....I am finding myself very taken by the new 2021 BMW M4 and would not hestitate to pick it over its Audi and Merc rivals. :sunglasses:
Even though I am a serial car changer I just couldnt stretch to the £76k it will cost. :anguished:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 1 other person

Can totally understand you wanting to take the A35 out .... fantastic cars the A Class :icon thumright: :yes:

Reactions: pburv, NevMan and Darlo
Speaking of cars that you might like though.....I am finding myself very taken by the new 2021 BMW M4 and would not hestitate to pick it over its Audi and Merc rivals. :sunglasses:
Even though I am a serial car changer I just couldnt stretch to the £76k it will cost. :anguished:

Never thought I would consider another Bimmer, but I do agree with you, the M3/M4 both look seriously good cars.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv, NevMan and 1 other person
Could be a game changer here. I’ve just caught a glimpse of the standard front grill. There is A LOT of chrome. I need to see a standard car in full before I take the plunge

Attachments

• 4262FC69-6EFB-4D9D-8DA9-E0171E63E39F.jpeg
    4262FC69-6EFB-4D9D-8DA9-E0171E63E39F.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 434
  • 078CD15F-7862-4644-94D8-E3CE07118844.jpeg
    078CD15F-7862-4644-94D8-E3CE07118844.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 1,603
  • B2A4FB5A-8B54-43ED-8DD3-1EE384BFF50D.jpeg
    B2A4FB5A-8B54-43ED-8DD3-1EE384BFF50D.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 410
Reactions: pburv
I’m still not over the size of the headlights

Edit: Nor the fake grille on one side

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
Could be a game changer here. I’ve just caught a glimpse of the standard front grill. There is A LOT of chrome. I need to see a standard car in full before I take the plunge
Slapping a number plate on will change the look quite a bit

Yeah the chrome surround also looks very large and thick (more so than the black pack).
I keep swinging one way and another with the new 8Y.
Some photos its looks good and some it looks less flattering - mainly the front lights and grille - as side and rear look fine.

Just wait a bit for the discounts and save £20k

Reactions: pburv, Ron240 and Snake Pliskin

The front of that specific car looks ****** classy as ****...........even with the transportation wrap on it....and there is not a LOT of chrome at all on the S3.... it's matte aluminum....big difference in finish...The only reflective chrome finish on any S3 is on the surround of the front grill every other external trim surround is covered with matte aluminum......the matte aluminum grill surround is kept for the RS3
And the S-LINE front grill is made up of matte black plastic no high gloss at all and it also has a different grill structure

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparks43, pburv and Darlo
Yeah the chrome surround also looks very large and thick (more so than the black pack).
I keep swinging one way and another with the new 8Y.
Some photos its looks good and some it looks less flattering - mainly the front lights and grille - as side and rear look fine.

The grill surround is slimmer than the one on the FL....and far slimmer than the one the PFL

FL
2018-Audi-S3-engine_11741_050_640x480.jpg

PFL
hqdefault.jpg

8y
2021-audi-a3-sedan-frontal-aspect-carbuzz-700371.jpg

S3 8Y
078cd15f-7862-4644-94d8-e3ce07118844-jpeg.210053

Last edited:

I think Audi should of left the bottom part of the bumper painted it doesn't look rite imho

Reactions: TYb and Snake Pliskin
Wtf even with that ugly grill(e)?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
The grill surround is slimmer than the one on the FL....and far slimmer than the one the PFL

FL
2018-Audi-S3-engine_11741_050_640x480.jpg

PFL
hqdefault.jpg

8y
2021-audi-a3-sedan-frontal-aspect-carbuzz-700371.jpg

S3 8Y
078cd15f-7862-4644-94d8-e3ce07118844-jpeg.210053

Maybe it’s just the photo angle then ... but the grill does look enourmous in some pics lol

Reactions: NevMan
The front of that specific car looks ****** classy as ****...........even with the transportation wrap on it....and there is not a LOT of chrome at all on the S3.... it's matte aluminum....big difference in finish...The only reflective chrome finish on any S3 is on the surround of the front grill every other external trim surround is covered with matte aluminum......the matte aluminum grill surround is kept for the RS3
And the S-LINE front grill is made up of matte black plastic no high gloss at all and it also has a different grill structure

So just to clarify as even real life picture don’t actually clear this up for me....So the trim round the windows matte aluminium not chrome?!

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• BB17F94B-94B2-4791-A14F-779A1920CF65.jpeg
    BB17F94B-94B2-4791-A14F-779A1920CF65.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 349
Reactions: NevMan
So just to clarify as even real life picture don’t actually clear this up for me....So the trim round the windows matte aluminium not chrome?!

Thanks for your help

I'd say chrome as it has been on the previous generation S3's

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Darlo
I'd say chrome as it has been on the previous generation S3's
You obviously have a different slant on what a chrome finish is and what isnt...a chrome finish.....to my eyes this is chrome and l have never seen this finish on any S3

5f3a1511c60b3801f634695902fa8211.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
You obviously have a different slant on what a chrome finish is and what isnt...a chrome finish.....to my eyes this is chrome and l have never seen this finish on any S3

5f3a1511c60b3801f634695902fa8211.jpg

Well what is it then ? if it isn't chrome/effect

Have a day off and stop being a smart .... for a change

Last edited:
Hi all
I’m thinking of returning to the fold after almost 4 years in a TTS, was having the recall done on Friday so whilst waiting had a chat with one of the sales people. They will match carwow price plus an above expected p/x, think they may need the sales. They have a bog standard S3 arriving in two weeks so will wait until I test drive it before ordering one. Got to sit in an s-line A3 there’s a lot more plastic inside, very similar to current A1.
Just need to decide on the colour either blue or grey.
Karl

Hi all
I’m thinking of returning to the fold after almost 4 years in a TTS, was having the recall done on Friday so whilst waiting had a chat with one of the sales people. They will match carwow price plus an above expected p/x, think they may need the sales. They have a bog standard S3 arriving in two weeks so will wait until I test drive it before ordering one. Got to sit in an s-line A3 there’s a lot more plastic inside, very similar to current A1.
Just need to decide on the colour either blue or grey.
Karl

The TTS is a highly desirable car so will hold its money well :icon thumright:

Reactions: K4RL and pburv

Couldn't buy it with that grille and even if that was perfect, i wouldnt pay £76K plus options for an M4. It will be over £90K, in fact the one i specced was £93K !!!!!! and that didnt have ceramic brakes and a few other things.

Aside from the front, the rest of the car looks good. Those carbon seats look awesome and are an option to defo tick, would bother with the ceramic brakes

Couldn't buy it with that grille and even if that was perfect, i wouldnt pay £76K plus options for an M4. It will be over £90K, in fact the one i specced was £93K !!!!!!
I honestly dont see what is wrong with the grille. :innocent: I am not keen on the new 1 series grille though.
Basic on the road price of M4 Competition is £76,055....but as you say options can push it up to crazy money!:anguished: I dont need to worry about it though cause I could never afford to buy a new one. :D

I honestly dont see what is wrong with the grille. :innocent: I am not keen on the new 1 series grille though.
Basic on the road price of M4 Competition is £76,055....but as you say options can push it up to crazy money!:anguished: I dont need to worry about it though cause I could never afford to buy a new one. :D

I suppose a more relevant comparison is with the M440i or M340i, as the full M’s compare in price with the RS’s. As much as we all love them, it can be very very hard to justify.

Reactions: Ron240
Top gear quoting the Tiguan R as having 316 bhp, I wonder if that’ll filter to the S3 or could it be a typo.

Top gear quoting the Tiguan R as having 316 bhp, I wonder if that’ll filter to the S3 or could it be a typo.

yeah talk on the golf r forum is that the mk 8 golf r will have this engine as a couple of the other R models are confirmed as having it. I can’t see it personally. Something to do with Audi refusing to let VW use the 5 cylinder RS engine so VW giving Audi the two fingers by producing a slightly more powerful Golf R.

Bad news for me is I have been struggling to decide all week and just had an email that the deal I got has just been pulled. I have had a similar quote on an M135i.

Reactions: NevMan and TYb
Carwow are also quoting the 2021 Tiguan R as having 316bhp, although true to form they have confused PS with BHP and say it has 320hp. :D

Reactions: NevMan and TYb