1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Anyone ordered a new S3 yet?

Darlo Sep 30, 2020

1. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Dont think it has mate coming from my car to a fully loaded 8y.....its just not got the quality...but that's not too say most others looking at buying one will think like l do

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    X3man, pburv and Snake Pliskin like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

Nah I get where you’re coming from.
    The 8y would be good jump up from a pre-facelift 8v but not so much a 8v face lift like yours. I wonder if the facelift 8y will be the sweet spot again ? That’s when I may consider jumping back in I suspect.

X3man, pburv and jassyo06 like this.
  4. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Hope so......lol colour/trim options are limited..it's either Mythos/Daytona/Tango....with black leather with red stitching and red vent/conul /seats highlights or Turbo Blue with Rotor grey leather with Satin Turbo blue vents/consul/seats

5. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Interior options Blue only comes with Turbo,Red comes with either Tango,Mythos,Daytona[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

6. Snake Pliskin

All look ace :icon thumright:

7. K4RL

K4RL Registered User

The TTS is a great car, mine has the earlier quartz silver interior option.

44D0C255-A08F-45F1-8AA8-37F0E3E123B4.jpeg 0C0D07CB-AAB2-4BEE-A928-114AFC4A7470.jpeg

8. Snake Pliskin

Jcbmally, X3man, pburv and 1 other person like this.
  9. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze Registered User

I think the silver is the best option out of the three the red/blue touches are a bit much around the seats and centre console imho

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  10. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Matte Silver or the Aluminum interior trim on any Audi model is a pet hate of mines....ie a bit 2015 ...the vorsprung model is swathed in extended leather with red/blue stitching and carbon trim...of which is nice but a bit dark ...the Express red/Satin Turbo blue addenda doesnt only dress the centre consul/seats it's also is a highlight on the airvents ...which lifts the cabins interior that extra special notch

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

X3man, Snake Pliskin and pburv like this.
  11. pburv

pburv Registered User

Hate to say I told you so....but.....I told you so:whistle2: Nowt wrong with the TTS mate...I remember a few years back you know ...... upload_2020-10-18_22-18-28.jpeg you pined after one:yes:
    Go for it mate:thumbs up:

TDI-line, Jcbmally, jassyo06 and 2 others like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. X3man

X3man Well known member

+1

14. X3man

X3man Well known member

Haha, good you got the sign off Hopefully you can sort a deal, and your colour / trim options

15. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

Ooohh I do like a bit of blue, but I also like red, mmmmmmm but what to choose, there’s only one way to find out,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Seriously though I have always loved the look of the TT, IMO (pending colours etc) the stigma has gone from being a hairdressers car.

X3man, jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin like this.
  16. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Back on topic sat in my first new A3 saloon this morning it was the sport version in Atoll blue looks good externally and for the most part good internally ...dashboard vents aint a problem for me at all...but the 10-5 inch VC is though, my god its tiny looking when the speedo and tacho are in view ....rear door card plastic quality is dreadful sure sign of cost cutting
    Is the new Saloon better looking than the 8v saloon cant make up my mind
    Oh the touchscreen is very slick and responsive to use with haptic feedback looks classy as well

X3man and Sparks43 like this.
  17. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

I thought the touchscreen was responsive as well - I've never had VC so can't really comment but looked ok to me currently having analogue dials but you guys who've got it will know better and certainly notice - I can't believe they've done that for the S3 anyway

jassyo06 and X3man like this.
  18. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Thinking back to when sat in the new 8y saloon....this morning,another thing that has dawned on me is my dislike of the centre layout why oh why did they make the Faux Fag lighter/12 v socket/cup holders so prominent .....why no sliding cover fitted......just a scrappy/untidy design.............so noticeable when l jumped back in my own car

X3man and AdamInKent like this.
  19. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

It's a fair point (probably money saving again) - In the 8v because they're at the top of the console it's no so bad the cup holders being open and I have an ashtray in there for change and garage door remote - The 12v Socket is hidden away - I don't know why they put a fake 12v lighter in either one of my Audi's had the little hinged cover that you get in the boot

jassyo06 likes this.
  20. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Drivethedeal phoned me today to sum up he's getting me a finance quote for the TT....But it's a 4 month lead time for the factory order.....which is fine by me.....but as one does l asked for more of a discount....would rather have spoken with the dealership directly like l did with Coast2coast....

Jcbmally and X3man like this.
  21. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

I’m not!! Sadly Porsche have touchscreen too!

X3man likes this.
  22. tb123

tb123 Member

Whilst I agree that touchscreens are difficult to use while driving, I find I very rarely need to. Climate control and seat heaters still have buttons, all of the multimedia and cruise control functions can be accessed via buttons on the steering wheel, and Nav etc can all be done by voice control (Google maps etc which works really well). There is really not too much that needs the touchscreen for general driving (and you shouldn’t be changing car settings while driving anyway). If anything, it’s usually the passenger that has trouble (although I’m usually jerking the steering wheel from side to side “helping” them, )

I wouldn’t want to be using the climate control like in the new Golf 8 which IS touchscreen, that’s ridiculous.

X3man and RGBARGEE like this.
  23. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

From choice, after many years using them I still prefer the Audi MMI knob. The system in my 2019 PFL B9 RS4 is pretty much perfect for me. I’m definitely no Luddite but VDT does not apply currently at Audi imho.

X3man likes this.
  24. X3man

X3man Well known member

1st world problems . Do Porsche still have dial/buttons/scroll wheel? Or not?

25. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

IMG_8729.jpeg

X3man likes this.
  26. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

What makes you think the 8V FL was a 'sweet spot'.. Personally I preferred the more subtle look of the PFL.

27. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

8V FL interior is by far the best in an A3.
    8Y is just plain awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin like this.
  28. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

What's the difference between PFL and FL interior ??? (apart from optional Virtual Cockpit?) Agree 8Y is awful!

29. Snake Pliskin

the face lift looked much fresher & modern with the new lights & design tweaks externally & internally the virtual cockpit transformed the look with the analogue dials being very old hat & outdated. S3 also got 7 speed gearbox.

Mr Freeze, X3man and T-1000 like this.
  30. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

So the only notable difference inside a FL and PFL is the optional VC.. still don’t buy it!!

31. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Registered User

Thats £19.6K. Assuming the car with discount and pcp interest is about £42K and the car after 4 years is worth £22K, then isn't pcp is worth considering? Its close and alot of assumptions. Also depends how much the lease company charges for damages in 4 years.

Not keen on such long leases.

X3man likes this.
  32. terminator x

terminator x Registered User

VC was an option afaik on all models other than RS3?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Snake Pliskin and X3man like this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. royalsteve68

i meant....wouldnt bother with ceramic brakes

X3man likes this.
  35. royalsteve68

i threw up looking at that grille, then i threw looking at the paint colour. ****** awful

36. royalsteve68

upload_2020-10-21_10-51-33.jpeg

New BMW M4 competition pic just released

Snake Pliskin and terminator x like this.
  37. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

On the RS3

VC
    Smaller airbag and different steering wheel
    Different air vents
    Dynamic rear indicators
    Different front lights/bumper/grill/rear bumper

Lighter engine,
    Audi valve lift system on exhaust cam, 5 extra Injectors (port)
    bigger better turbo
    hollow crank shaft
    gearbox is lighter.
    More power than PFL.

Revised front discs.

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  38. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

We were talking about interior. The VC was an option on FL originally. Slightly different steering wheel (alcantara location swapped) and subtle differences to air vents. Hardly a great change is it.

39. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

Not according to you it isn’t.

But then again you run everything down, with the only exception being cars you’ve owned.

X3man likes this.
  40. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

That’s rather harsh and factually incorrect!
    Check my signature- not a fan of Q3.

A statement was made about the PFL and FL interior. There is so little difference most people would not notice. I accept of course the FL has significant exterior and mechanical changes. The mechanical are without challenge, the more brash exterior is not as nice in many people’s eyes as the PFL. The same occurred with PFL and FL A/S5 when the much loved ‘raging bull’ LEDs were replaced with rather bland versions.

I’m not a Luddite but change to 8V interior FL to PFL is insufficient to justify it becoming a ‘sweet spot’ in my opinion.

Calm down eh! I have no wish for constant bickering.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  41. royalsteve68

Come on peeps lets be nice to each other, lol

X3man and RGBARGEE like this.
  42. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

You can’t judge the FL for interior alone, it’s the whole package.

Not many Manufacturers alter the interior on a Facelift model, it’s usually exterior changes, VAG group cars do improve tech though like the VC/MMI on A3’s and the same in VW /Seat / Škoda models.

The VC elevates the interior of the FL along with the slim line Airbag / revised steering wheel.

As I posted above for me it’s the package of improvements that’s worth the upgrade.

Who’s bickering ? Certainly not me, just highlighting facts about the FL car that are improvements over the PFL.

Snake Pliskin and X3man like this.
  43. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

I think this started because you posted. '8V FL interior is by far the best in an A3.'
    I think most agree that moving a bit of alcantara on the steering wheel, slight tweak to air vents and optional VC hardly makes it 'better' than the PFL and debatable whether such are 'improvements' worthy of note.

Whatever the mechanical changes/improvements are noted and the revised exterior styling and dynamic lights are a matter of taste. Given the choice I would have one of each. The PFL for it's more discrete exterior styling and the FL for it's lighter engine and better handling. As for the interiors they are essentially identical (apart from VC) and way nicer than the 8Y.