Anyone moved from an MRC Tuned B8 S4 to a Remapped C7 S6?

Anees

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not been on here for a while!!

I have a MRC Remapped Stage 2 S4 Avant. Due to an expanding family I am thinking of upgrading to an S6 Avant. I prefer the looks of the S6 and I know with a remap they produce very good power too.

Has anyone made a similar jump?

How does the Twin Turbo 4.0L v8 in the S6 compare to the supercharged 3.0L in the S4 with regards to power delivery and the power band? I absolutely LOVE LOVE my S4 and the way it drives and delivers power but I am getting a little bored now and a larger car would be helpful.

My concerns with the S6 are the size and weight and how that affects handing and responsiveness of the chassis. The S4 with the Sports diff you can have good fun with on country roads (its almost like driving a posh Evo lol) and its great on the motorway and probably my perfect daily driver ever (If you don't take fuel into consideration)
icon_lol.gif

I need to drive the S6 to see what I think but they were never popular so I don't have one locally for sale that I can go to test drive but I'll have to hunt one down if I decide to switch.

Thanks for any advice
icon_smile.gif

Anees

My s4 wasn't tuned but I do have an s6 and it's rapid. There's not much on the road that will pass me. I do have a tune on though. In terms of ride quality, equipment and refinement the s4 isn't a patch on the s6 for me. It's quiet though so I'm doing a resonator delete for £300. Mpg is bettee with a tune. I got 27mpg on a road trip to goodwood 1000miles in total. And we weren't doing less than 80 the whole way. I miss the s4 it was my first brand new car and I bonded with it. But if you're looking to change the s6 is fantastic. Check out orange wheels I got a new one for £13,000 off list price. £52,000 I think with options in top. The seats dude are sublime. Launch control is brutal way beyond anything else I've driven. my friend who has an e63 and s said it would crush him off the line.

Forgot to talk about handling etc
It.might be a bigger heavier car but it hides it's weight very well. I find I can push it in and out of corners more than my s4. I didn't have the sports diff on the s4 so that's probably why.
It can be playful when you want it to be.