Anyone know size of boost pipe coming off k04 turbo ?

motfree

Reaction score
hi need to know the size of the boost pipe elbow coming off the k04 turbocharger on my s3 as my car is in the garage so cant measure it myself :-(
i know that the other side is a 2 1/2 " ...
cheers

hi need to know the size of the boost pipe elbow coming off the k04 turbocharger on my s3 as my car is in the garage so cant measure it myself :-(
i know that the other side is a 2 1/2 " ...
cheers

Very specific size and shape, and is smaller at the one end than the other.

If replacing, you either need a genuine one (pricey) or a Forge replacement (also pricey).

So pricey either way sadly for a small bit of hose. However, it does have to be heat resistant....

As mine has a small split in it

Oh haha always the way never the cheaper parts that need replacing just the expensive :-/ might just see if I can get 1 off eBay just not forge hopefully under £20 then :-D

As mine has a small split in it

Oh haha always the way never the cheaper parts that need replacing just the expensive :-/ might just see if I can get 1 off eBay just not forge hopefully under £20 then :-D
As Welly says you cant put any old silicone pipe on there, it is very special formulation, for the immense heat generated there, and always feels greasy to me..hence the cost :faint:

Forge ones are made from flourosilicone which is oil resistant and heat resistant... normal silicone can be used in some circumstances though, I use a 60mm to 51mm reducer on my GT30 but I still have the K04 heat jacket wrapped around it... on top mount big turbo conversions its a non issue as the silicon is much further away from the manifold heat source...

If you need a replacement hose then the Forge one is the best option... better and cheaper than the OEM one... its designed to fit properly as its a different angle/shape to the normal 90 deg elbows...

<tuffty/>

If you need a replacement hose then the Forge one is the best option... better and cheaper than the OEM one... its designed to fit properly as its a different angle/shape to the normal 90 deg elbows...

<tuffty/>

Agree totally. Also, can be fitted at the road side.... lol :whistle2:

Anyone know where to get one from ? Cheapest I've found one for is £65 ... And only comes in terrocota colour :-0
Cheers for help anyways peeps

Forge is the best place mate to be fair.

Yep, it only comes in 'ocre' I believe they call it. It's a gash colour yes, but that's the way it is....

OEM ones are similar money for a lesser item.

Anyone know where to get one from ? Cheapest I've found one for is £65 ...

Ebay maybe but thats about the right price... OEM is over £100 IIRC...

...And only comes in terrocota colour :-0
Cheers for help anyways peeps

...same as the OEM :)

<tuffty/>