Anyone know how to change the TTS badge to a S-line badge on a FBMFSW?

lundoz

Reaction score
Just got the new s-line badge in the mail, but how do I change the old one?

2009-audi-tt-2_0t-quattro-s-line-11_jpg_cd_gallery.jpg

Do I need to take out the airbag or is it just plug and play with a screwdriver?

And dows anyone got the partnumber for the alu pedals for the S-tronic? I'v heard that its just a clip on and you don't need to mess with the gasspedal??

2009-audi-tt-2_0t-quattro-s-line-17_jpg_cd_gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Need to take it apart matey, airbag out wheel off, VERY CAREFULLY detach the aluminium trim bit, do not break/scratch this as it's not a separate part that Audi can supply if you fudge it up :laugh:

Can then pop the badge out, put it back together and put the new badge in place

Damn! Hate it when it looks so easy!!:banghead: Isn't it a hassel to put the steering wheel on again in the right angel etc?

What about the pedals? Do I need to remove the gasspedal or is the break/gass pedal just a clip on? I have seen that the dead pedal is sold separately and not in a package deal..

Brake pedal cover just pops on. Accelerator is a complete replacement unit (well at least mine was). Easy to fit but worth reading one of the many retro-fit guides first.

Yea! I'v heard that to, but also heard that you can buy a complete pop on sett. Never found it but I don't wanne mess with the accelerator :)

Why do i need to take the wheel off? Is it not just the airbag that must come off?

Yup
Unscrew the airbag from the back and you can change the badge, no need to remove the wheel.

Well everyone has there methods but to SAFELY do it without the remote possibility of any damage, then remove the whole surround trim so you have complete access to the rear of the badge holder, it can be a reeal ****** tbh, then detach accordingly, I always do it this way.

The spline should already be marked into the metal which is center as should the wheel by audi factory, if there are no marks to define the center or yours is of center, then note where they were positioned.

Thanks! Its no way the airbag will go off in my face when I remove it :) Im going to try t take off the airbag and leave the steering wheel on. Dont wanne start removing all the parts if its possible to do it just whem airbak off.

Anyone kjows where I can get the black s-line grill from? Hate the crome surroundings....need it inn black

can anyone tell me how to remove the aluminum trim once the airbag is removed please? Does it just peel away, any other screws/clips etc to remove?

Just lever it very slowly a little bit at a time on each corner, then slowly it will lift of, it has pressure clips as part of the unit as such to hold it into the wheel, when I say slowly I mean slowly as break that & its not cheap, dont do one corner fully then next, little bit on each one until all out.

Is it prudent to use some sort of plastic trim lifter or spreader card etc? or will it come off by hand?

NO, dont use anything but your fingers/hands, or you'll indent the plated plastic, trust me on this, it may seem well in there but time & patients are all you need.

Can anyone give me a clue to where to buy LED (or any white light) numberplate lights that wont give an error on a 2010 a3? tried 3 kinds here inn norway with no luck :(

Last edited:
Mine gave no error code and look great, ill try find the e-bay link i bought them from. I bought the ones with the holder first , but are of very poor quality, i just bought the bulbs the second time and was perfect.

waiting for a dealer here in norway to find out waht kind of LED i need for the 2010. It works fine for a 2007, but not the new facelift....