anyone hot engine and honeing noise?

losing it.

Reaction score
hi,
i just got out of my car after a motorway run, i left the engine running and as i was on the phone i heard high pitch noises coming from the engine so i popped the bonnet and the heat was mental, i couldnt touch the engine at all , the temp on the dash says 90 c also the engine has only 50k on it, should i be worried i thought it sounded like a cam bearing without oil.? but am unsure.
any help would be appreciated
thanks

update#
the garage that told me the engine had been replaced are liars iam now thinking.
the engine has not been hot these last two days, which makes me think the oil pick up may only be partially blocked. When i used open the oil cap it used to spray a mist out, but now nothing there is still oil on the cam and a hard sludge on the rocker cover is it time for rocker cover and sump removal and pick up cleanings??
also this wierd noise is happening every time i have reached a destination only its doing it for longer now like a minute, i have found a few other posts on here but no solution can anyone help with this as i dont want to drive somewhere and breakdown.
thank for any replys

hmm i have a fair few problems with my car mate im going to replace the cam pulleys/bearings with a blue kevlar timing belt i did the pick up pipe as one of the first things to do hope you get this sorted mate

hmm i have a fair few problems with my car mate im going to replace the cam pulleys/bearings with a blue kevlar timing belt i did the pick up pipe as one of the first things to do hope you get this sorted mate
i had cambelt done about 15 k ago, i think my car is going to be off the road soon, it wont go in gear these last few weeks either , 3rd into 2nd , 1st into 2nd and reverse .very annoying at roundabouts and junctions

it seems to be a vacuum leak i managed get the bonnet open before it stopped but it sounded like it was coming from the engine it self anyone know of what it might be .thanks

its getting louder and more constant and is coming from behind driverside headlight, think it will need all vacuum hoses replaced :(
i dont think il ever get round to doing mods , and bodywork.
1 unhappy s3 driver
good luck with your cambelt change man hope it goes smooth