anyone help? question about my fmic.

Looks a bit big mate IMO but for that price who can complain and there are always ways to make them fit good luck with it

lol well i only gave him £40 and got 2 extra bends plus what is in the pic so not 2 bad :)

lol thats what i was thinkin my mate already offered me £75 for it so not to bad just dont want to fit it and my car be slower :( so do you all rekon it will? cheers

It wont be slower, maybe just abit laggy if youv got a k03 on your tqs, what engine code is it?

It wont be slower, maybe just abit laggy if youv got a k03 on your tqs, what engine code is it?

thinks it AJQ and yeah does have the k03 as it the 180bhp and what you mean by laggy? longer for turbo kickin in? sorry new to the turbo seen lol

thinks it AJQ and yeah does have the k03 as it the 180bhp and what you mean by laggy? longer for turbo kickin in? sorry new to the turbo seen lol

Yeh iv heard the ko3 finds it hard to fill the larger fmic, dont think itd be too noticeable, and a remap is the logical step to a fmic, its just there to keep the turbo/engine cooler for longer when remapped, no real point if your keeping it standard bhp. You can get 200bhp from your ko3 and if you install the ko3s then 220-235bhp can be had.

a larger intercooler will mean theres physically more air in the system between the turbo and the inlet. the more air there is the longer the turbo takes to get that air to pressurise

if it really is 600x300x100, then it is too big, and it won't fit behind your bumper.

There is pretty much EXACTLY 76mm of space between the bumper and the rad cowling.

ok so i think im going to sell it and get a smaller 1 cheers for the feedback and is that all ill get from the k03? thought i would be able to get more than that! thought i would see atleast 225 with a remap. :(

ok so i think im going to sell it and get a smaller 1 cheers for the feedback and is that all ill get from the k03? thought i would be able to get more than that! thought i would see atleast 225 with a remap. :(

Nope sorry mate, and i was being optimistic with the 200bhp, its more like 190-198bhp :( . But if you ever need a new turbo unit a ko3s is the way forward.

Ahh nightmare. Ive just got 1 of these cheap for my Mapped AGU.

Looks like its back to the drawing board for me too :)

well thats proper pants! :( im glad you have just told me as i was gointo get my silcone tip and custom map lol so glad i never now!

well thats proper pants! :( im glad you have just told me as i was gointo get my silcone tip and custom map lol so glad i never now!

Its not that bad mate lol its dosents sound like much gain but thats due to you buying a tqs, it will still feel mighty quick and drive so much better. Only way to reach 220bhp is with the ko3s or above that would be a hybrid turbo(ko3 with ko4 internals).

Its not that bad mate lol its dosents sound like much gain but thats due to you buying a tqs, it will still feel mighty quick and drive so much better. Only way to reach 220bhp is with the ko3s or above that would be a hybrid turbo(ko3 with ko4 internals).

so how much do you think it would cost to have ko4 internals in ko3? and why not just buy ko4? and what would i have to change aswell as turbo and map? cheers

Well a k04 Wont fit your manifold, so its just an easier option. Theres a guy on here called beachbuggy that has a hybrid forsale at a great price, a hybrid and all the other gubins like fmic, decat and downpipe, bigger injectors and map will set you back around a grand, theres loads of build threads on here(i only know this from reading them) so alot of research is needed as 1k for all that is very cheap but achievable if the turbo is the right money and you can do most of the work yourself. If not than id add another £5-600 to the tab. Ko3s is the cheapest option and will see you to your 225bhp. May i ask why you bought a quattro?

Well a k04 Wont fit your manifold, so its just an easier option. Theres a guy on here called beachbuggy that has a hybrid forsale at a great price, a hybrid and all the other gubins like fmic, decat and downpipe, bigger injectors and map will set you back around a grand, theres loads of build threads on here(i only know this from reading them) so alot of research is needed as 1k for all that is very cheap but achievable if the turbo is the right money and you can do most of the work yourself. If not than id add another £5-600 to the tab. Ko3s is the cheapest option and will see you to your 225bhp. May i ask why you bought a quattro?

cheers for that mate ill have to see what happens :) and had the quattro as it was 4x4 lol thats it really and new it would be ready for power.

cheers for that mate ill have to see what happens :) and had the quattro as it was 4x4 lol thats it really and new it would be ready for power.

Ha yeh i ment was it for function or just because its a quattro lol i just think when buying a car to mod the tqs isnt a great base point, a 210bhp s3 is kind of slow and as stated your a3 will only see 200bhp without spending plenty monies.

Ha yeh i ment was it for function or just because its a quattro lol i just think when buying a car to mod the tqs isnt a great base point, a 210bhp s3 is kind of slow and as stated your a3 will only see 200bhp without spending plenty monies.

well yeah just because it was quattro lol and yes defo agree now tqs isnt very good to start with. :(

well yeah just because it was quattro lol and yes defo agree now tqs isnt very good to start with. :(

Ha sorry to dis your car, its a great car for big turbo conversions, but the little ko3's dont have much puff.

so how much do you think it would cost to have ko4 internals in ko3? and why not just buy ko4? and what would i have to change aswell as turbo and map? cheers

I K03 hybrid will come with K04 internals... bolt straight onto your manifold and require S3 sized injectors and MAF tube plus a custom map... as you have a quattro you could go for a K03 super hybrid like Bill @ Badger 5 runs in his lupo... K03 fitment but potential for over 300 hp

<tuffty/>