Anyone hear a high pitched fan noise from dashboard?

YK SHIN

Reaction score

I visited the dealer 4 times. First two time, they told me this is normal and didn't make any repairs.
for the 3rd time, they changed 5p fan module, but the noise still persist.
On 4th visit, I met Tfm and he promised to repair it, but the answer is same. this noise is normal.
He said the noise comes from fans for cooling the mmi system, and he couldn't do anything about it.

Is anyone having the same noise or already solved it?

Nope I don't hear anything like that in my car, seem not normal and kinda annoying

I visited the dealer 4 times. First two time, they told me this is normal and didn't make any repairs.
for the 3rd time, they changed 5p fan module, but the noise still persist.
On 4th visit, I met Tfm and he promised to repair it, but the answer is same. this noise is normal.
He said the noise comes from fans for cooling the mmi system, and he couldn't do anything about it.

Is anyone having the same noise or already solved it?

No noise at all from mine.

I too have this noise , dealer said it was the engine cooling fan or heater fan ,I gave him a im not stupid look and aked him sit in driving seat door shut,turned ignition on and off a few times fan duly turned on and off with it taking a few seconds to wind down.They agreed something around mmi area, just waiting to book in .Anyone else experiencing this ? Its ruining a other wise quiet car.

I too have this noise , dealer said it was the engine cooling fan or heater fan ,I gave him a im not stupid look and aked him sit in driving seat door shut,turned ignition on and off a few times fan duly turned on and off with it taking a few seconds to wind down.They agreed something around mmi area, just waiting to book in .Anyone else experiencing this ? Its ruining a other wise quiet car.

It could be a cooling fan for the MMI or it’s processor. Annoying yet vital I suppose.