Anyone have an idea of cost and fitting new dash (clocks ect)

audibhoy11

Reaction score
Looks like my dash has gone kaputt, anyone had to replace this ? Is it a dealer job and if so will I need to remortgage?

Is it just the speedo and rev counter binnacle or everything on the dash?

Whole shebang, the warning lights are ok, but needles, lights and LCD display gone , also just noticed there that the beeper when you leave the lights in and open the door no longer comes on

Common issue I have seen on the 8p clusters. A power chip goes bad on the motherboard. Can usually be repaired by a
competent cluster repair shop. Or just buy a used cluster and get it cloned. The link above looks great!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thanks sooty, will look into these, on the off chance or knowing my luck the unit will need to be replaced, has anyone had to do this ?
There’s plenty of dash and binnacle threads about this subject, have a search but not all due to the binnacle it’s self and that’s why I say check everything else before you pay out for a new one. If I was you, I would phone ECU testing and ask their advice first. There maybe other ecu and dash repair centres around that do Audi stuff, so have a look around for further advice.

There’s plenty of dash and binnacle threads about this subject, have a search but not all due to the binnacle it’s self and that’s why I say check everything else before you pay out for a new one. If I was you, I would phone ECU testing and ask their advice first.
been through them all, as im in ireland think ECU would only give me theorotical advice, ive managed to find an ex audi auto electrician, so hopefully he can identify the problem, id say id be looking at 2k if i go to audi

The binnacle is £195 from ECU testing and you can change it yourself with help of vcds.

If you have the pins, which can't be retrieved by vcds unfortunately.

Reactions: paddy
Not a clue,christ started working again , must be a dodgy /loose connection somewhere

Urmmmm, I suspect it will happen again tbh, I would pull out & check over, you can disassemble & check it's not got damaged boards.