1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a spare used brake pad with sensor?

Buffwesty Jul 10, 2018

1. Buffwesty

Buffwesty Member Team Mauritius Team V6 Audi A4 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

Strange request I know...

Just replaced the fronts on my partners TT, but did not get ones with the wear sensor.

Now the warning light always shows up, obviously....

So I am looking for one pad with sensor on so I can reconnect it and tie it away to stop the light.

Many thanks.

Ben.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

Can you just cut the one off the old pads?

4. Buffwesty

Buffwesty Member Team Mauritius Team V6 Audi A4 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

Threw it away before realising....

5. RobinJI

RobinJI Active Member

Not sure if it's the same on Audi's but on other cars I've worked on it's worked fine to just link the two terminals of connector together. I can't imagine Audi would have bothered making the system any more complicated.

andrew_wright likes this.
  6. Buffwesty

So just cut the wire and twist the two together?
    I'm not that electrically minded....

Thanks.

7. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

Id get a bit of wire and put it in the terminals and tape it up till next time the pads need doing and loop it that way if you cut it off you will have to replace it or try a local scrap yard or a breakers on ebay

8. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

Just use a paper clip and some insulation tape.

Tj 0785 likes this.