Anyone has 35% tints done?

Vanderlust

Reaction score
Trying to find examples of the B9 Audis done with it before I dive in. I had what I think was 30% (Global Tints's Luna) on an older grey A3 Sportback which was fine but did looks pretty dark from the outside. Not sure about going for something that dark again, especially with the blue paint. Maybe a more subtle tint would work better.

Anyone got pics of their tints and know the %?

That's 20 percent, looks dark from that angle but it isn't. You can see through the windows close up
2cae1da1b2ea840f40cd3af8daf02058.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I just have the std Audi privacy glass on my Daytona grey 2019 A4 45 Tfsi, don’t know what percentage they are as std.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a B9, but had my S5 F5 fronts tinted to 35% to match the rear privacy glass. No issues with visibility.

S5 Tints 1

Law in the UK is maximum of 30% on the front side windows. Any more than that and you risk being pulled for a roadside check, failing an MOT inspection, and voiding your insurance in the event of an accident.

Anything goes from the B-pillar back, it’s unregulated. :racer:

Reactions: RS3 S.
Law in the UK is maximum of 30% on the front side windows. Any more than that and you risk being pulled for a roadside check, failing an MOT inspection, and voiding your insurance in the event of an accident.

Anything goes from the B-pillar back, it’s unregulated. :racer:

Just as well I live in Australia then mate :)

When it comes to Australian regulations, standards, laws, rules and guides for vehicle window tinting it is commonly accepted to have a car window tint of no less than 35% Visible Light Transmission (VLT). Both 35% and 50% VLT are legally suitable for vehicle windows with no existing tint.

https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-03-rev3.pdf

Reactions: RAF_S7 and cuke2u
30% for front sides is correct. You need to be able to see the drivers face and make eye contact. This is also so the Police can see who's driving, for instance, if it's a man driving and the insurance comes back to a woman then they ask questions.