Anyone had their first 2.0 Tdi service at the main dealer recently?

j0hnst0n00

Reaction score
Evening all,

I think My 2016 A3 2.0 Tdi is due for its first service very soon. It’s 16 months old and has covered approx 12,000 miles.

It’s presently on a Flexible service schedule but hasn’t been serviced yet.

Given the miles and age I am going to change to a Fixed service schedule and book it into the main local Audi dealer (JCT600 Sheffield) for its Fixed oil change service.

Before I phone for quote what did you pay at the main dealer for the Fixed Service schedule oil service for a 2.0 Tdi?

Thanks,
Dave

Evening all,

I think My 2016 A3 2.0 Tdi is due for its first service very soon. It’s 16 months old and has covered approx 12,000 miles.

It’s presently on a Flexible service schedule but hasn’t been serviced yet.

Given the miles and age I am going to change to a Fixed service schedule and book it into the main local Audi dealer (JCT600 Sheffield) for its Fixed oil change service.

Before I phone for quote what did you pay at the main dealer for the Fixed Service schedule oil service for a 2.0 Tdi?

Thanks,
Dave
Why change it from the flexible service. On flexible the car will tell you when it things it needs a service. I do around 14k miles a year and my 2.0 TDI asks for a service around 18-19k. This means I normal only pay for one service in the 3 years I keep the car. Have done the same on all 9 of my previous A3s and never had any problems with any of them.

Reactions: richinsoton and KenL
Why change it from the flexible service. On flexible the car will tell you when it things it needs a service. I do around 14k miles a year and my 2.0 TDI asks for a service around 18-19k. This means I normal only pay for one service in the 3 years I keep the car. Have done the same on all 9 of my previous A3s and never had any problems with any of them.

That’s a fair point. However from what I’ve gleaned on here the commonly held view seems to be to have the car serviced every year given the amount of miles I’m covering. If I’d bought from new I would probably specified the Flexible servicing schedule for the car.

My tip would be to buy your own oil. Audi charge an absolute fortune for their oil, so I bought Shell Titanium from Ebay (specifically rated for Audi) and saved around £60.

In my mind, more miles per year (your 14k) suggests the car is having an easy life as does it saying it doesn't want a service to 18k.

Will dealers be happy to use the oil you provide given the huge mark up they make off it?

In my mind, more miles per year (your 14k) suggests the car is having an easy life as does it saying it doesn't want a service to 18k.
In some ways I suppose it does. But I normally drive around 80mph on motorways in the the UK although I took my latest A3 to Germany a few days after collecting it and did some 130mph driving on the autobahn and well as quite a lot of 50-60mph driving round the countryside.

Will dealers be happy to use the oil you provide given the huge mark up they make off it?

I had no problems at all with JCT600 at Lincoln. As long as it's the right grade, they can't really say no.

Reactions: KenL
My tip would be to buy your own oil. Audi charge an absolute fortune for their oil, so I bought Shell Titanium from Ebay (specifically rated for Audi) and saved around £60.

My apologies. I mean Castrol, not Shell.
:kissingclosed: