Anyone had problems with XS/Relentless Manifold?

I think there is only one fail on the welds reported so far, (prawns) but that maybe an unfair claim as he has used it on the track..
If this should withstand this is another question....:icon_thumright:

Welly is not noted to be light footed, and it seemed ok for him the few days he had it on..:)

Last edited:
+1 on that.

They are awesome.

Only comment is that they run very hot in a very very confined space.

When adapting the heat shields at install just ensure that it remains adequate to protect pipe work.

Can be fiddily to avoid annoying rattle. Took a bit of playing around.

I know that Westy has one of these ready to go on his car, and he has had the welds beefed up to try and stop any future cracks appearing, I'm also pretty sure that prawns replacement Mani is going straight to the same place. I think it might be a necessary precaution after seeing the damage to prawns

Dave: your thread title is missleading, and implies you have a problem.

it's a bit like me putting:

*JENSEN BUTTON DEAD*

...at some point in the distant future (see what I mean?)

Anyway, back on topic, To my knowledge mine is the only one to break thats been made to fit and work properly in the first place, but mine is a modified V1 manifold and not the current V2 batch.

Little difference in the way it's built, so only time will tell. Mine's being beefed up by Dave at Stainless Engineering too like Westys

Dave: your thread title is missleading, and implies you have a problem.

it's a bit like me putting:

*JENSEN BUTTON DEAD*

...at some point in the distant future (see what I mean?)

Anyway, back on topic, To my knowledge mine is the only one to break thats been made to fit and work properly in the first place, but mine is a modified V1 manifold and not the current V2 batch.

Little difference in the way it's built, so only time will tell. Mine's being beefed up by Dave at Stainless Engineering too like Westys

Agreed. I panicked a little too.

Is it the same as the relentless one? My friends one cracked last week with less then 1000miles on his gt2871r build, he is now going custom manifold

I have to say mines coming off next week as ive developed a blow. I took the head off the other week as thought it was the manifold to turbo gasket or dp to turbo so replaced both but it's still there. Engines coming out on Wednesday to sort the clutch and also to find the exhaust blow, I'm hoping it's a gasket but a little bit worried its the manifold as the manifold is the only thing left to check. Chances are though it's just a gasket blowing.

Only other issue I've had is getting the hidden nut on the turbo stud, what a f****ing pain the ****....

Is it the same as the relentless one? My friends one cracked last week with less then 1000miles on his gt2871r build, he is now going custom manifold

I have to say mines coming off next week as ive developed a blow. I took the head off the other week as thought it was the manifold to turbo gasket or dp to turbo so replaced both but it's still there. Engines coming out on Wednesday to sort the clutch and also to find the exhaust blow, I'm hoping it's a gasket but a little bit worried its the manifold as the manifold is the only thing left to check. Chances are though it's just a gasket blowing.

Only other issue I've had is getting the hidden nut on the turbo stud, what a f****ing pain the ****....

Guys, can you both get photos of your mani's when they come off please so we can see where the cracks (if they have cracked) are.

Here's a few pics of mine after s3dave reinforced the welds:

6ef0f578.jpg

67f0f569.jpg

Yes it is, can you get hold of it? As westy says, it will help people if you can take a pic of the crack to see if it is failing in the same places..:icon_thumright:

No probs, I know mine hasn't cackled like prawns as I can clearly see there's nothing wrong with it in the same place. I think mine is a gasket issue but will be removing it anyway to ensure no leaks.

Thats interesting.

I have to say that mine also seemed fine when I had mine apart last/this week.

The version 2 has lots of extra welds and my exhaust guy was very satisfied with it and felt strengthening work, whilst possible, seemed unnecessary. However, each mani despite being very similar will not be identical.

Will be running more tests this Tuesday on the dyno once it's off the ramps and pieced back together with new top mounts and that will provide a clearer indication of where it's at.

Thanks Tufty for the title change, had a couple of beers before posting. So recommendations so far are to get the welds beefed up. Like Westy I would also like to see what people have done heat shield wise.

I'm also still waiting on some pics from those of you that have made heat shields to protect the turbo outlet hose.
Mine will be ready in around a week,just received my injectors,nearly there lol

Not good for me mate, I'm fitting mine next Saturday :)
If you do decide to fit a heat sheild,you'll want to mount it after mani is on anyway,so wnt be a problem,so do you have everything ready,injectors fmic dp?

This wasnt on a TT by any chance ? i saw a TT for sale with a GT28 eliminator with xs/relentless manifold

Getting mine fitted on Monday and picking it up on Wednesday, cant wait! Hope I don't get any problems.

This wasnt on a TT by any chance ? i saw a TT for sale with a GT28 eliminator with xs/relentless manifold

Curious on how these eliminators perform after being mated with a high flow Mani as it is a possibility with a close friends car as contemplating this or a hybrid k04?

Didnt have any problems on mine so far. My car is stock.

I beleive those are not designed to run anything other than a K04 or K04 hybrid. A GT turbo would probably need a higher quality manifold.

As said above, only fitting was the hard part. Im happy with the rest

Also note that for the price we are paying...im even more than happy with the product

yes it was, i think he is going to keep it now, he was talking about custom manifolds last night and converting the turbo to t3 flange

i have had several people call me asking about things re manifolds for k04 and of those who ran xs/relentless, all of them were on their 2nd or more after theirs cracked. These were V1's

V2 weld quality looks no different, and consistency between them is always "inconsistent" anyhows. Pot Luck plays a factor.

Relentless have been told by Samy re the cracks and say they are going to do something different and send him a sample. They have been told by sammy from me to backpurge the welds.

We will see.
who knows..

Lottery anyone?

i have had several people call me asking about things re manifolds for k04 and of those who ran xs/relentless, all of them were on their 2nd or more after theirs cracked. These were V1's

V2 weld quality looks no different, and consistency between them is always "inconsistent" anyhows. Pot Luck plays a factor.

Relentless have been told by Samy re the cracks and say they are going to do something different and send him a sample. They have been told by sammy from me to backpurge the welds.

We will see.
who knows..

Lottery anyone?

I'm hoping my beefed up welds will last a bit longer then.

So any further pics of cracked manifolds. Where on the mani are they cracking. @Westy. Did you get all the welds gone over. Any pics of heatshields etc.

So any further pics of cracked manifolds. Where on the mani are they cracking. @Westy. Did you get all the welds gone over. Any pics of heatshields etc.

I'm yet to make a heat shield. The only issues I had at the weekend was the way the mani and the DP fit around each other, or dont in this situation! The DP flange around the top bolt hole wouldn't clear the 4th runner of the mani and I had to grind away some of the material to make it fit flush. Once it was in I then had the problem of not being able to fit a bolt into the hole as the bolt head would foul the 4th runner on the mani too!

Here was the clearance:

07af0512.jpg

24282603.jpg

Last edited: