Anyone had issues with Sonax Xtreme BSD?

A4AvantBlackEdition

Reaction score
Used it for the first time today and even though I used it very sparingly it was an absolute nightmare to buff off. I very nearly didn’t do the rest of the car after doing the (cool) bonnet.

It was smeary and left a residue. Is this normal?

Used it for the first time today and even though I used it very sparingly it was an absolute nightmare to buff off. I very nearly didn’t do the rest of the car after doing the (cool) bonnet.

Can't say I've ever had any problems. Only thing I can think of are either it was too cold and damp whilst you were doing it for it to flash off or you were over applying ?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Can't say I've ever had any problems. Only thing I can think of are either it was too cold and damp whilst you were doing it for it to flash off or you were over applying ?

It was quite cold. About 8 degrees. Is that too cold?

I used it really sparingly and car was bone dry. Just seemed really tough to buff off.

It was quite cold. About 8 degrees. Is that too cold?

I used it really sparingly and car was bone dry. Just seemed really tough to buff off.
I assumed you didn't let it dry like a wax before buffing. I've always used it as a wipe on wipe off product an if I ever get a smear just followed the instructions to reapply

I assumed you didn't let it dry like a wax before buffing. I've always used it as a wipe on wipe off product an if I ever get a smear just followed the instructions to reapply

I literally applied and buffed straight off. Maybe try again when it’s not as cold.

I'm sure I've read something on here about it been hard work, I mixed it 50/50 Sonax BSD & Adam's Detail Spray
As recommended by @Bristle Hound! Works a treat.

Temperature may have also been an issue

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition and Bristle Hound

@A4AvantBlackEdition - Another have said could be a combination of over application & low temps
Any smearing on this product is really shown up on black cars too
I used to find it quite grabby after application hence like @Keef says I mix it 50/50 with other products now

Reactions: Keef and A4AvantBlackEdition
I managed to massively smear Gyeon Cure on my black S4 the other day. It definitely didn't like the low temperature, a similar 8C. Been using it for ages without issue. So could just be the temperature you had issues with.

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition
Don't lose heart any smearing will soon wash out!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, A4AvantBlackEdition and Keef
I sometimes used it as I was drying the car off when I had the black S3, don't let it dry like a wax = no need to buff off.

I washed the white A5 today, so so so much easier to keep clean :) My winter way: Go over the lower half with citrus pre-wash, bilberry on the alloys, get the jet wash out and setup, then snow foam everything, wait 5-10 mins, jet wash off and let drip dry :) No water marks can be seen on white and it looks clean ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and A4AvantBlackEdition