Anyone got moisture in their xenon units?

azibux1

Reaction score
Hi all

Simple as above. Sprayed the front of the car today with a hose (didn't check lights beforehand) and when done drying (I washed the front properly before drying don't worry) I spotted moisture in the bottom half (quarter maybe?) of both front headlights

Anyone else got this?

Will keep an eye on it but wondered if it was normal behaviour in this weather? Only about 7 months old

Shouldn't be. Check the seal on the back of the headlight is seated properly as that could be causing the let in of moisture.

Shouldn't be. Check the seal on the back of the headlight is seated properly as that could be causing the let in of moisture.

You may have just solved it. I'll check it out Sunday but when I got the car I fitted some LED front indicators from trups on here. But I'm fairly sure the cover was a simple twist cover that went fairly solidly into position so as far as I know, I shut it properly

Dosent sound correct :(

The lights still intact? No cracks etc?

Shouldn't be cracked as far as I know / can tell

Yes it's common there, we have had 2x A3 S Lines with xenons and quite frequently through cold / wet weather the bottom corner / quarter will mist.

I've seen an Audi technician bulletin for it, any condensation in the headlight you will more than likely be fobbed off. I have a crazy amount of water in my rear light, full of droplets! I took it to Audi and got fobbed off saying it's normal, but the useless service advisor couldn't find another one like it to show me!! Went to a different centre, a helpful one (Bridgend) and they have booked it in straight away for Tuesday, saying it isn't right! I know who I'm letting service my car in the future, shame that the supplying dealer have let me down again.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MKC
I believe this is normal I have it on mine. It also says this in the owners manual that moister is to be expected in the headlight, I'm unsure which page however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
They are normally vented and it is perfectly normal and will dissappear as you drive. On mine there is a little vent pipe that goes from the back of each pipe to in front of the radiator. You will probably have something similar

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
c985ad948c7afacc43734b43172a4b0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks all :) Will check it out then but sounds like it is normal and expected :)

Reactions: Gazjs and Rob2k68