Anyone got a spare number plate bulb holder

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Hi all,

Have just installed all the LED exterior and interior bulb package that I got from Trups. Must say.....looks good and thanks very much for such a swift delivery. I have one problem though......being made of chocolate I have rounded off the screw that holds in the R/H number plate bulb holder so now cannot change the bulbs. The L/H side one is OK but havent changed that yet.

Now I used to do this type of thing for a living in the RAF but seeing as the S3 belongs to me and not Her Majesty I aint drilling it out the screw just in case, as it sits at a weird angle with very little room for a small windy drill. So the only other options are to crack the holder and get a new one and a new screw or remove the inside trim from the bootlid and hopefully get at it that way.

I am open to options and needing to get the last 2 LED's in.

Regards

Brodster

Hi Brodster, I've got a pair you can have for free. If you PM me your name and address, I'll drop them in the post.

Pete

Reactions: Brodster
Mine did this.......drill just the head off then you can remove the glass and put a pair of pliers on the stud, its only a self tapper so once it moves it spins out.

Mine did this.......drill just the head off then you can remove the glass and put a pair of pliers on the stud, its only a self tapper so once it moves it spins out.

Mine did too... I did the same. Got two replacement from Cardiff Audi via E-bay for £20 delivered.

Yeah I know but I havent got a small enough windy drill. If I was still in the RAF I would of used the 90 degree windy and it would of been out in seconds BUT alas I am no longer and my rather large drill is way too big. I have got 2 coming courtesy of Fangio so a round of applause for him. :applaus:

To be honest, the plastic is so soft that you can prise it and bend the holder around the screw leaving just the screw exposed. You can then just undo the sctrew with long nose pliers then... Job done.

To be honest, the plastic is so soft that you can prise it and bend the holder around the screw leaving just the screw exposed. You can then just undo the sctrew with long nose pliers then... Job done.

Well I tell you what the plastic on that holder was a little tough. Ended up taking a small chisel to the holder to cut around the screw. Got there in the end and now the back end of the S3 is looking real good. Thanks to Trups for supplying the LED bulbs and Fangio for supplying me with new holder.....top job.:applaus:

Brodster

Anyone know if the alarm bulb can be upgraded as its a little dull.