Anyone got a 10 reg A3 2.0 Tdi (140) remapped?

AudiA3BE

A3 Black Edition (Black)
Reaction score
Hey,

I took my car to AmD to be remapped yesterday and they couldn't do it due to the new ECU software. I've come back today and 8 hours later, they think they have managed to do it..

Has anyone had this kind of issue with one of the latest models of A3?

On a good note, on the dyno with standard ECU it was 150bhp, they reckon after 30% performance remap to get 190-202bhp from it

I will post the power graphs one I've got them printed.

Chris

---------------------
A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI (140), Comfort pack, Auto lights/mirrors/wipers, Audi exclusive interior, Bluetooth, iPod, Xenons, Black Optic, Factory privacy tints.

Think all the 10 reg Audis have anti temper ecus, making its very difficult to alter. I heard no one could do it yet, how true it is i don't know.

late 09/10 cars have anti-tuning feature which means you can programme by the obd port like usualy, so the ecu need to be removed and programmed by boot mode. Most good tuning companies can do this. I know my local company can, they also offer a postal service for this, as the ecu isnt tuned while in the car anyway.

The tuning company couldnt load the remap onto the ECU, apparently it freezes when it gets to 76%. They said its a tricky ECU to remap (EC17 if that makes any sense to you). Anyway they have sent me away after two days and are waiting for the head office in Germany to send them the checksum needed to write to the ECU. Fingers crossed I will hear from them soon, otherwise I will be going elsewhere..

Dissapointed by this, was hoping to have a car with more energy :( stubborn Audi! and 2 days of waiting around down the drain.

Chris

---------------------
A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI (140), Comfort pack, Auto lights/mirrors/wipers, Audi exclusive interior, Bluetooth, iPod, Xenons, Black Optic, Factory privacy tints.

The tuning company couldnt load the remap onto the ECU, apparently it freezes when it gets to 76%. They said its a tricky ECU to remap (EC17 if that makes any sense to you). Anyway they have sent me away after two days and are waiting for the head office in Germany to send them the checksum needed to write to the ECU. Fingers crossed I will hear from them soon, otherwise I will be going elsewhere..

Thats well rubbish of them. they should have made a full backup of the ECU before they attempted anything, and the fact they got the checksum wrongs shows there using crap editing software, which should have detected this before writing anything to the ECU. M/EDC17 anti tuning has been around for about a year now with the top tuners. Reason I know this is cos saw my mates Rocco being tuned this way

Last edited:
When I asked about my '10' reg A3 2.0 Tdi 140 (start/stop) I was told the same.

Anti tuning software meant they could not just plug a laptop in and rejig the fueling, boost parameters etc like on my old 1.9 Tdi 130 (which was great after the remap). They could have physically opened the ECU and remapped it that way, but as it's a lease car I didn't want to go down this route. Have any companies been able to alter the ECU through the OBD on the latest models??

Interesting thread guys can we keep this going to see who can do the remaps please as its something allot of people are going to experience.

Navnayyar - They did make a backup, I ended up driving away after both days.

I will keep you posted on what they come back to me with etc..

I had my 09 plate mapped and that wasn't a prob, so dunno if they've changed the ECU again since then. Give Will at P Torque, Wolverhampton a call, because if anyone can do it, it will be him.

I had my 09 plate mapped and that wasn't a prob, so dunno if they've changed the ECU again since then. Give Will at P Torque, Wolverhampton a call, because if anyone can do it, it will be him.

yep some 59 and most 10's is when the new anti-tamper stuff came in.
on a more positive note, i have had my 2010 A3 140 cr tdi remapped to great effect! this question has been asked more than once previously! http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=99839

Navnayyar - They did make a backup, I ended up driving away after both days.

I will keep you posted on what they come back to me with etc..

oh thats ok, I thought you was left with no car. for people who have not seen this see link of how these ECU are programmed http://www.fr-rtuning.com/Products.php it is generally for late 2009 cars and after.

******! they are all miles away from me! Did they use their ow custom map or was it Revo or something? There is a revo dealer in Norwich but I think they want about £400

It was a custom AmD map, the technician downloaded the current mapping, changed and tweaked it on his computer and then was using their system to re-upload it onto the ECU..

Havent heard from them but it has only been 2 days..

The reason I am waiting for them to do it is that they have offered me the remap at half price once they eventually get it to work.. which means putting money towards lowering it and possibly sticking a Miltek exhaust on it :)

my local revo dealer cant do this engine yet, looks like it would have to be a long drive or a postal, i dont really want to do either.....

my local revo dealer cant do this engine yet, looks like it would have to be a long drive or a postal, i dont really want to do either.....

Revo are looking to equip dealers with the boot-mode machine by the end of august, or you can send the ecu to Revo HQ and they can do it.

I'm guessing this is why my local Revo dealer (AmD) have asked me to wait a couple of weeks...

They should have this new piece of kit to do the map then.

I dont feel confident enough to remove it myself, i guess i'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm also a tight git and dont wanna pay revo money

I took my 10 plate A3 to Will at p-torque back in may and he tried but couldn't do it. He was in the process of working out a fix for it. I will give him a call tomorrow and see what he has come up with. I have a new car coming in Nov so maybe he will have a solution by then.

He mapped my 09 plate 140tdi and it made such a difference. Makes my new car seem very flat indeed.:crying:

I dont feel confident enough to remove it myself, i guess i'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm also a tight git and dont wanna pay revo money

Its under scuttle panel. You'l prob need to shear the screws as the maufacturers has secured the ecu with screws that have no + or - but are totally flat. Then it simply plugs out. 10-15 mins job, or ask a mechanic. This is how my mate got his Rocco done, was 10 plate 2.0tdi140