Anyone good with diagnostic figures? A3 TDI BKD limp mode low boost fault code

Matt_Storm

Reaction score
Website
www.project-storm.co.uk
My A3 2004 had the injectors replaced i have fitted G series later injectors with new seals etc and a new loom the car runs very smooth and seems to rev up ok however its very slow on acceleration up to 3000 rpm then bang it shoots off like a rocket. On normal driving its constantly going into limp mode but on hard driving it does not, fault code recorded is Low boost pressure and its returning poor mpg at around 30-34 average. I have borrowed a friends Ethos scan tool and recorded the following data from my car however i have no idea what the figures mean, would someone be so kind as to shed some light on the below results to point me in the right direction? i have a feeling its an injector but unsure as the car seems to run very smooth (no usual bkd judder at all)
I am quite sure the engine sounds different to as if the exhaust is louder, not sure how this is possible though from an engine fault!

Thanks in advance,

Engine speed (/ min) 861
Injection Quantity (mg/s) 4.8
Coolant temp 78
Fuel temp 65
Current air mass 310
Atmospheric Pressure (mbar) 979
Current Charge air pressure (mbar) 969
Specified charge air pressure (mbar) 1020
Charge air pressure duty cycle % 76
Pedal value 0
Current egr 315
EGR duty cycle % 15
Glow status 255
Smooth idle running stabilisation quantity -1.6
Smooth idle running stabilisation quantity 0.49
Smooth idle running stabilisation quantity 0.56
Smooth idle running stabilisation quantity 0.52
Engine torque Nm 30
Consumption l/h 0.6
Driver intention nm -2
Solenoid valve response time deviation 12
Solenoid valve response time deviation 7
Solenoid valve response time deviation 19
Solenoid valve response time deviation 16

Get it scanned with VCDS to find the fault codes. Check user map to find someone near you that will help.

Get it scanned with VCDS to find the fault codes. Check user map to find someone near you that will help.

Ok thanks Mike i will take a look it is booked in again on thurs and I have already been to two garages who have scanned it with vagcom but i dont think they really know what they are doing as one said its probably an injector and the other said it could be the maf but they seemed to be guessing. I dont want to strip out the injectors again and refit all new stretch bolts etc if its not needed and i have tried another maf. Has anyone any data on what the values are roughly meant to be so i can work from it? i have been looking online but only see vcd data on faulty cars. Due to the different engine tone i am thinking it could be vnt or egr related so will look at the actuator vacuum today and flapper motor. If anyone else has any ideas i am all ears , i understand it could be a number of things with the bkd engine though its always been a bit of a nervous wreck.