Facelift Anyone Fitted uprated dog bone insert

H4RDYRS3

Reaction score
Was looking to buy a dog bone mount insert, looking to order this we have 2 options.
Type A and type B
Anyone know what type the facelift RS3 uses ?
And any recommendations on which brand ?
Was looking at the Forge Motorsport .

Reactions: l4oth
1933BD12 D2C1 489F 8160 86008BC388FC
I had one fitted on Saturday

Fitted the APR stainless one to my FL. It is literally one bolt out, insert in and replace the bolt.
MS100142 - (Version 2)

Can you actually feel a difference with such a small part/mod?

Can you actually feel a difference with such a small part/mod?
Actually yes but not a night and day difference. Under acceleration and hard braking its surprising how much movement is in the rear gearbox mounting bush. I had the 034 Motorsport dogbone fitted to my PFL car for around 16 months and if ever there was proof of how much the engine/gearbox moves about on the rear mount, just take a look at how the side packing pieces have been bent. The chunks and dents in the edges were caused by the tools trying to remove it from the mount.

IMG 3308

Reactions: jimojameso and D0C
Not that I’ve noticed. It was well machined & finished and looked like it was made to last.

Cool, I was a bit worried as I fitted a Revo lower mount to my Focus RS and it vibrated the car to death.

I'm a novice at the tuning/modding game but can't understand why if this is such a simple thing that manufacturers don't do this as standard? Also, I thought there had to be a certain level of give/vibration?

Feel any tighter on launch ?, mine bangs sometimes from a launch on 1st to 2nd shift.

I’ve not launched it yet, only driven it a couple of times, 1st time I drove it when I bought it a few weeks ago, but I did drive it to mrc for tuning, Second time I drove it was to get secondary cat bypasses & an oil service, third time was to get tyres changed from p zeros to ps4’s, last time was to get the 4 wheel alignment done & dogbone insert fitted so pretty much next time I get a chance to drive it I’m going to launch **** out it and drive it like a maniac, then I can answer your question Sir :):) :)

I'm a novice at the tuning/modding game but can't understand why if this is such a simple thing that manufacturers don't do this as standard? Also, I thought there had to be a certain level of give/vibration?
To avoid any vibrationand remove possible stress fractures in the Ali mounts. Fitting these on the rs3 doesn’t really add any vibration but the longevity of the adjoining aluminium brackets etc many reduce but I would think it would be many many years down the line. Also the 034 motorsport dog bone was designed to deform once fitted so as to reduce the stress on oem components. Rather than stay solid and transfer the vibration/stress. Least that’s what 034 claimed

Reactions: monopole
I also had the 034 dog bone fitted to my PFL, it didn't add any vibration and I sold the car with it fitted, but I was in expectation that I wouldn't be able to remove it myself due to it deforming (as designed) once in place.

I'm curious, but not overly fussed, about fitting one to my current car, I didn't really feel any noticeable difference before so think it's hardly worth the bother..??