Anyone fitted RX8 or any other seats on an audi a3 2011 8p? 3 door?

FaisalFazeli

@S333FSL
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys,

I noticed that rx8 seats do look very nice (black and red leather) and very cheap! they go for around 150 for all seats but im looking to fit just the front two seats into my a3?

is this something possible? if so something easy to fit?

What happens to airbags etc? will light come up?

thanks in advance

It is possible to bolt most seats down, given that you're handy with tools or a friend is. You can make a bracket out of a thick piece of metal, you would in sense bolt the chair to the bracket and then the bolt the bracket into the original seat holes. Regarding air bags, your light will come up the minute they're disconnected, i'm not to sure if a retro fit genius could sus the wiring being that they're non audi seats. However you can buy resistors to counter act the airbag warning light.

As above you will have to design and make a bracket to bolt the seat to, then fasten it all down to car.

Air bag cables would need comparing to standard A3. Once compared either chop your A3 plug's off or buy new and wire them onto the RX8 seat.

When i installed A5 seats into my A3 i had to chop air bag plugs off and re use the A3 ones. Make sure engine is off when air bag plug is disconnected and you wont get any engine lights on dash.

Just hope the wiring is pretty generic. Being two different car makes may cause issues. Best of luck dude

Maybe find out for sure before connecting mazda airbags to an audi system...

Sure insurance will have something to say about this aswell.

Maybe find out for sure before connecting mazda airbags to an audi system...

Sure insurance will have something to say about this aswell.

In my opinion It will be more hassle than it's worth trying to get the mazda seats to mate with the car. I would just buy the airbag resistors to cancel out the warning light and leave the wire from the seats unplugged.

Insurance should be absolutely fine with you. Given that you declare it. It's would just be treated like any aftermarket seat

Reactions: FaisalFazeli and Jonathaan