ANYONE FITTED A TOWBAR WITH GMBH VALANCE

marktdisport

Reaction score
Hi folks, been offered a caravan at a very good price from a work m8 who aint short of cash for about £1500-1700 cheaper than it should be due to me saying ill take it shortly in the future so he dont have to mess around advertising it when he's buying is new one, so my question is can a towbar be fitted to a saloon with the gmbh valance without cutting it etc.... also id rather have a detachable so it's hidden when not in use does anyone have one with pics or know anywere were i can get the kit or even the kit and fitting.... things we do for kids hey thanks mark

My avant came with the audi detachable tow bar fitted and the gmbh kit (think the town bar was a retro-fit) they have cut a bit of the valance away but you only notice it when you are under the car.

J

message sent

heres a pic of the one on mine, its not a hidden one but its a fair bit cheaper than a westfalia one:

04092010091-1.jpg

Mark.... you can get the Westfalia detachable (that's fully invisible) behind the S-Line rear valance... pics shortly.

With Westfalia detachable installed, but temprorarilly removed:

Then with the towbar slotted and locked in (approx 10-15secs to install):

This is the "ugliest" view of the cutaway... only really visible from ground level when you a couple of feet behind the car:

And this is looking vertically up under the bumper, so you can see what is in there: the spring-loaded drop-down electrics and the dust cover for the slot-in towbar:

thanks lostbok scott pm'd me saying this is the way to go thanks for the pics just gotta try a source one for a steal lol...

I thnk mine was about £350-£375 including fitting + extra 12v socket in the boot.... I know some people have had their done for less than £300. Down side is the cost and that you have some limitations on things liek bike racks (you have to use the Westfalia one).