Anyone fitted a dtuk tuning box

fingersmike

Reaction score
Hi thinking of fitting a dtuk tuning box to 2011 a3 sportback 2.0Ltr 170 Quattro instead of a remap
your thoughts on this if you have fitted one.
Thanks
fingersmike.

I have one fitted to my 184ps 2013 diesel. Do a search you should find the thread in the a3 8v section

Reactions: fingersmike
On that car and engine I would go for EGR blank plate, DPF gutted and the car mapped accordingly with a custom map.

I have no experience of 'tuning' boxes on VAG cars but the one I tried on my Corolla diesel just chucks more fuel in, forcing the car to compensate with more air thus creating more power. Horrible way to increase the power and not very nice power delivery either...

On that car and engine I would go for EGR blank plate, DPF gutted and the car mapped accordingly with a custom map.

I have no experience of 'tuning' boxes on VAG cars but the one I tried on my Corolla diesel just chucks more fuel in, forcing the car to compensate with more air thus creating more power. Horrible way to increase the power and not very nice power delivery either...
Thanks Sayam for your thoughts on this.

Reactions: Sayam
I had one mate and it ruined my clutch. Never again!!!!

The box did that or your driving style after you experienced the added power the box caused?
Lol. I spoke to a few guys that said i was being too aggressive so i drove like an old lady for a week to see if the clutch would bed in with the extra power (baring in mind its only 136ps anyway) and after being very gentle for a week it would still slip as soon as you got anywhere near redline, which isn't right. You should be able to do that in any car without the clutch slipping. Also the car was like 45k miles at the time, no where near ready for a new clutch!!

Thanks sorry about the clutch.
Thanks mate. Just another thing for you to consider if yours is manual.

Lol. I spoke to a few guys that said i was being too aggressive so i drove like an old lady for a week to see if the clutch would bed in with the extra power (baring in mind its only 136ps anyway) and after being very gentle for a week it would still slip as soon as you got anywhere near redline, which isn't right. You should be able to do that in any car without the clutch slipping. Also the car was like 45k miles at the time, no where near ready for a new clutch!!

Thanks mate. Just another thing for you to consider if yours is manual.

It is possible for the damage to already have been done. But I think you're a brilliant advocate for having a custom map rather than a tuning box or generic map.

Again, going off my experience with my diesel Corolla, the tuning box gave very peaky power and torque results which is the perfect way to kill a clutch. A custom map can be adjusted to reduce torque if required...that's the reason I'm leaving my A3 standard until I'm ready for a custom remap.

Don't let your experience put you off tuning - maybe speak to one of our forum sponsors about custom mapping? (If you're still bothered about increasing the power that is).

And nice car by the way, I'd love a B8 avant in Black Edition with 3.0TDi goodness seasoned with some DSG love ...

DTUK have a good reputation tbh, probably one of the few reliable tuning boxes out there which aren't simply resistors.

Reactions: Sayam
Buy audi tuner magazine. There is a testing feature in there this month. I could scan it if you like. I dont have one but have had my car custom mapped. Cheers

C
I have one fitted and been very impressed with no problems. They also have good after sales service.
Cheers 205man I am glad to hear you are happy with yours.

Last edited:
Buy audi tuner magazine. There is a testing feature in there this month. I could scan it if you like. I dont have one but have had my car custom mapped. Cheers
Thanks for the info on the magazine and I hope you're enjoying the custom map.

Img 056 Img 057 found a digital copy of the mag

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, Arkious and thewanted