Facelift Anyone fitted 18" rims on A3 saloon with normal suspension?

Rideen

Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone has done this as I am thinking of doing it due to the fact that the standard 16" rims look too small.

If yes, can you please share some pictures of the car and the rim / tyre specs?

I was thinking of going 225/40/18 tyre size on 8" wide rim with ET 42. Anyone has an idea how would it look?

I've got 225/40/18's on mine (as per my profile pic) rather than the standard 16's (not sure what the offset or rim width is though sorry, although genuine Audi wheels). Can you not select 18's on the new car builder thingie on the Audi website to give you an idea?.

Reactions: Rideen
I've got 225/40/18's on mine (as per my profile pic) rather than the standard 16's (not sure what the offset or rim width is though sorry, although genuine Audi wheels). Can you not select 18's on the new car builder thingie on the Audi website to give you an idea?.

Those look sweet! Indeed the only difference between your rims and the ones I am looking into is the ET, yours are ET46 while mine will probably be ET42.

Would you say you have at least 4mm of clearance between the tyre/rim and the fender mate? I don't want the rims to poke out of the fenders and possibly destroy something. :D

The wheels are tucked within the arches otherwise Audi would need to fit some little wheelarch extenders as I believe construction & use regs would prevent them from allowing their usage without because as you say stuff could flick out & cause damage / hazard to other road users etc.

This is the only pic I can find on my work computer to give you some idea of how mine looks on 18's... it could do with being lowered slightly too IMHO. Obviously mine's pre facelift but I doubt the suspension geometry has changed on the facelift to move the wheel hubs further out / changing the offset.

wp_20160619_13_01_59_pro-2-jpg.94695

Reactions: Deleted member 123992 and Rideen