anyone ever used a tdi-tuning box before?

ColganRaz

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry to post another 'are these guys any good' kinda thread which i see all too often.

I was considering getting my car mapped at awesome gti because they are offering £150 remaps at minute, but then i have seen a box from tdi tuning for £120, and i like the idea of not having to drive out anywhere and also be able to remove a box at any point if i have issues with my car...

PD Diesel Tuning Box - Audi A3 1.9 TDI 104 Bhp / 105 PS / 77 Kw

this is the box, i dont know whether it is a box containing a map, or one of the cheap crappy things full of resistors etc.

its less BHP quoted than a map, but im ok with that as im weary of my turbo sayin ciao lol. thanks

It looks like it connects to the temp sensor only, our pd systems connect to the main injection system via a 5 pin round plug on the side of the cylinder head.

I'd go with a £150 remap over that

thanks, basically a cheap bit of equipment thats no good! done some research and alot of golf/bora owners have been over the topic and reckon it just tricks the car into over fueling, overall it looks naff... i was hoping it would work on a similar basis to the dtuk boxes, nevermindddddddddd

Unfortunately a lot of boxes on the market aren't as good as ours :)

Unfortunately a lot of boxes on the market aren't as good as ours :)

Been running a DTUK box for a few hundred miles now with no real issues so I can definitely recommend. :) Matched with Andrews Pedalbox it completely changes the power delivery.