Anyone else with this problem on 2006 2.0 TDi? Injectors...

I'll be on the blower to Audi UK tomorrow...

Just spoken to Audi UK today.
Apparently they are in agreement with the dealership.
As Dad has not paid for any of the parts or the work, it is only covered until the end of his own 12 month warranty which was taken out when he bought the car in April 2011 (I think it was April - could be Feb).

I find this odd as the person I spoke to confirmed that if he had not shelled out for a warranty when he bought the car (for just such an occurance), the work would have still been done FOC and be covered by a 6 month or 10,000mile warranty. Also in theory, he could have had the work done elsewhere, paid for by Audi UK and be covered by an Independant Garages guaranty...

So much for brand loyalty.

So just to recap - does anyone know of further failures on the (not new, not upgraded) refurbished injectors that Audi are now using to swap out the original type?

So just to recap - does anyone know of further failures on the (not new, not upgraded) refurbished injectors that Audi are now using to swap out the original type?

Not heard of any - I could be very wrong but I think that the refurbished injectors have a modified oil seal which was what caused the problem with the old ones as it leaked and caused a short, like I say I could be wrong :)

Not heard of any - I could be very wrong but I think that the refurbished injectors have a modified oil seal which was what caused the problem with the old ones as it leaked and caused a short, like I say I could be wrong :)
That's the best news I've heard in a while

A big thank you to this forum for sorting out the injector issues for me, without it I would have been sitting on a safety timebomb and some significant expenses. My local Audi Garage have replaced all 4 injectors without charge or quibble, after I gave them some nice extracts from this forum. I did agree to pay for a complete service however to keep it up to date at the same time. When I purchased the car around 5 weeks ago it was running as rough as a badger between 1700 & 2300 revs and the supplying retailer said it was normal for these cars. I knew that could not be right and hoped the injectors being replaced would cure it. Sure enough, after 5 weeks without being able to use the car(it broke down twice on two separate collections(not injectors) I collected it yesterday and it is smooth as silk and pulls like a train.

I hope that my problems are over and all down to this site. I also intend to contact the previous owner who spent over £1600 in the two months before selling it replacing two of the injectors - hopefully he can get his money back.

Thanks again.

nothing seems to change on hear (dealerships) lol

Just had my Audi A4 170 TDI fail on me, second time in a fortnight.

Had ERG valve done 1st time which to be honest did seem to be the problem as I saw the one they took off, it was bust.

Now had car fail again tonight so very ****** off, details on other thread but sounds more like injector symptoms this time.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...844-glow-plug-light-sometimes-loss-power.html

Should I try Audi in the morning if it is likely to be injectors or tow into indy again?

after reading the last page of this thread last week i rang audi customer services who were extremly helpful and arranged to book the car into the local dealership that week, sure enough all four injectors were replaced foc, even though the car was bought from elsewhere, this was followed up by audi customer services checking i was happy with the service.
anyone with this model car should ring audi and get it sorted.

My last smug email was entitled cured and I am sure the injector issue is, however the removal of those severe vibrations under acceleration has been replaced by a more subtle problem, but still very annoying - If I should put this under a different thread please say.

I have seen many posts elsewhere about this problem but none with a confirmed solution. There is a vibration/rumble which I can feel through the seat and the accelerator, which is worse between 50 and 60 mph. It feels like I am driving on small rumble strips - it is not huge but very noticable, uncomfortable and annoying. It seems to be worse when the car has been driven for some time and is not related to acceleration and is still there if I disengage gear and coast.

I did notice that when stationary and idling, if I accelerate the engines kicks to the right, but this may be a red herring.

Some posts seem to say that it is one of those things which happen to most of them, but if it is I do not think I can continue to drive it. All help appreciated I really hope it is something which can be cured.

Car is 2006 S Line 2.0TDI 170bhp.

Thanks
Harvey

Hi Yazzy, been reading back through posts I've been involved in, and I see that your mate had is injectors changed on his 140 A3/4.
Can you possibly post the docket he recieved from Audi on here? I'm still having NO luck in getting my money back! VOSA won't intervene, nor will Audi UK, spineless b*******S what they are!
I have the 140 & VOSA told me in writing that both the models suffered from injector failures. I'm f****d off to my back teeth with Audi. I may bin the piece of s**t I got & get a beamer.

will ask him tommorrow when i see him and let you know nick

I am new to this but have been folowing for a while now as this happened to me in Aug 2010 which cost me £951 to have the number 2 injector & wiring loom replaced, it failed again June this year & was replaced free by the dealer due to parts warranty.
My car has broken down again last night & has just been recoverd to audi again where it is undergoing diagnosis, they have said they will replace free of charge if this is the fault & i have asked for all 4 injectors & loom to be replaced this time.
The dealer have been great have has RAC who have now recoverd the car 3 times for me but i will be reporting to VOSA & watchdog in the hope i can recover costs from the original repair, i have reported to Audi uk & await their response.
Thanks for highlighting this issue & i will keep you posted on results.

Cheers Nick, looks like I be using trading standards. Just because the guy booking in my car didn't know about the injector probs, I'm lumbered with a bill £107.00 & I want it back.
cheers.

Hi all, just an update & i have had a reply from VOSA who have told me VAG have agreed to replace all injectors on affected vehicles & also reimburse costs which have been incurred for previous repairs even if they were not done by approved dealers. (this is for anyone with affected vehicles)
I have had to set up a case file with Audi uk customer services who will sort everything out for me including getting my money back.
useful numbers if you need help, VOSA 0117 954 2526 & Audi uk 0800 699888

Just waiting for the call to confirm all is sorted.

hi all, i have the A4 2.0 tdi engine cobe BPW, am i understanding right that audi will replace my injectors free of charge if there the dodgy ones? nothing wrong with my car yet! booked in for an oil change and air filter tomorrow so maybe i should ask while im there.
after reading several horror story threads im gonna be taking out an extended warranty with audi mk tomorrow too i think, only had the car 2 weeks 55000 on the clock and full audi service history

Hi stanley, i would save your money as the injector horror stories your seeing have finally been excepted as a problem by audi & they are fixing free of charge, as for the warranty i had a warranty which did not cover the injectors on my car & as with most warranties they know the common faults with different cars so unless it is in writing that the part is covered you will probably find it isn't! (mine was not an audi warranty) any worries contact audi uk on the number in my previious post.
mine has all been sorted now with all injectors & loom replaced free of charge, just waiting for my claim for the cost i paid out 12 months ago to be refunded.

Hey guys. I've got a 57 A4 140, I've been following this thread like everyone else. My car has been juddering recently in lower gears and I thought I'd give vosa and Audi uk a call to see if they would check/change my injectors for me. Vosa asked me to call Audi uk and speak with Victoria or Isabelle. The guy I spoke to was nice enough but advised me they were only available for escalated enquiries. I advised him of this thread and the issues I've been experiencing. No matter how hard I tried he was adamant the 140 was not suffering the same injector failures as the 170's!! I told him I was going to pursue my case through vosa and his response was 'good luck', in so many words!! Booooo

Hi there guys, i have a 2006 A4 140 which is a 2.0TDI. I have also experianced problems when my car has started juddering and making a clunky noise. I was told by two people who looked at my car that this was a problem with the injector, i called up Audi UK and they told me that this problem was only with the 170's however i told them that i and a couple of people on this forum are experiance this with the 140 aswell. His best advice was to go to the local audi garage and get a diagnostic done and they will tell me if they have faulty injectors in there. However i am thinknig that with audi not havng any pressure put on them from VOSA about the 140's that they will just fob me off so i am thinking to write to VOSA before i do anything. Same as you above Beni. Let me know how it goes mate :icon_thumright:

The injectors for the 140 and 170 engines are completely different designs. AFAIK only the 170 is affected by this tendency (if I understand it correctly) for a layer of insulation to break down and for the injector to short out, leading the ECU to shut down the engine because of the high voltage spikes created by the short (happy to be set straight on any of this by someone in the know... that's my layman's understanding of what's going on :D)

That doesn't mean that injectors on the 140 can't fail. I had a single injector go down on my old PD130. But AFAICT only the old 170 injectors had an inherent design flaw, and it's these that Audi are replacing FOC.

Seb, in reply to your comment i read a comment by another person on this forum saying that they spoke to VOSA and were informed that both 140 and 170 had faulty injectors, and seeing as mine is faulty and i dont seem to be the only one this seems to be quite common too..

Seems that a work colleague of mine is getting his 140 Passat Estate done FOC by VW. Looks to be that exactly the same part numbers are used.

As a metter of interest can anyone tell me what the symptoms of injector failure are? My A4 2.0 TDI is with the mechanic now and he is going to check for an oil pump failure after finding that the timing belt is ok. If it turns out that the oil pump has not failed then it may be the injectors. When driving at about 70moh there was a noise from the motor and I pulled over within about 30 ceconds or less. However the power steering went just before I stopped follwed by the brakes. The car was rough when at idle for a few weeks and it blew before I had a chance to take it into audi. Car is with local mechanic at the moment as I do not want to pay hugh Audi costs. If it the injectors will Audi change them for free on a 5 year old car??

Has anyone managed to get the injectors on the 140 bhp A4 replaced for free? Does the free replacement only apply to the 170 bhp? The car is 2006 so is out of warrenty

update

As of 2/12/2011 the injector issue has become a workshop action number 23k1
This will need checking via your dealer against your vehicle details

Hi Folks

If your injector on a 140 BHP A4 has failed you need to log a complaint/defect with VOSA, at the moment VOSA are only aware of faults with the 170BHP injectors. Unless we all log complaints/defects with VOSA they will not put pressure on AUDI to sort out your failed injectors.

Eventually tracked the problem down to flywheel explosion, Audi not interested even though car was serviced by Audi with 60,000 miles on clock. Taken the car to a third party who will put it right for 50% of the Audi price. Selling this car as its likely to give nothing but bother. VAG please sort out your cars as your customers are not happy, that or make it clear what may fail.

Hi all, Audi this week have admitted there is a fault with the injectors on the 2006 170..
They have issued a roll out recall, having has 1 injector let me down on the M25 im pleased to be booked into Ipswich Audi

i have had a recall letter from audi and i have allready had my injectors done through audi uk has any one had the same. And has for the letter my work mate got for his 140 bhp a4 . He cant find the letter that he were sent but brought his car pack in had a look through it found that his car is 19tdi 130bhp so i think he might have telling me porkies and the only thing i found were some work done by audi that they had checked is egr valve so sorry if anyone has been miss led

hey all they have made a recall on the injectors i had a letter today

this is what it said

As part of our commitment to continuous improvement we have identified a potential issue with your a4 that we would like to check for you adn rectify if necessary

On a3 and a4 models with 2.0 tdi 170ps engine of a limited production period, small electrically conducting carbon deposits can settle on the piezo pump injector elements after being carried in engine oil. This can lead to running problems and in some cases to a short circuit of the piezo pump injector element, which can cause engine running problems and in certain circumstances the engine to stop running.

In order to prevent a possible breakdown, we would like to offer you a free precautionary check at any audi centre

We strongly recommend that you take up this offer to aviod any inconvenience you may incur if your vehicle develops any running problems

If necessary, your Audi's injecters will be replaced free of charge. This could take up to 3 hrs so your audi centre will be able to offer your alternative transport if you require it.

I had a recall letter this morning despite already having the injectors sorted. This is all down to forums like this otherwise they would have carried on sticking two fingers up to us.

Got a recall letter yesterday, had all 4 injectors and loom replaced FOC by Harrogate Audi 2 weeks ago after car failed so bit late for me but nice to see they are finally doing the right thing. I was lucky as already pulling over on a country lane to let an oncoming vehicle past when my engine cut out, the stories of it happening to others when traveling at speed sound very dangerous.

This should mean people get a better service from the main dealers now - when I first reported this to the dealer they were very pessimistic about that being the fault and it being covered, but once Audi UK had approved it they couldn't have been more helpful, even paying for taxis when car was in garage.

I have only owned my A4 3 or 4 months and after ERG valve fail and then injectors in rapid succession I was pretty fed up but since injectors done it is running much better than it ever has.

Well done to all who posted on here and encouraged the campaign reporting to VOSA - it seems to have finally done the trick.

mine is now all booked in but not going in till 3rd jan! all booked up before then! get a courtasy car for a day or two had a choice from a new a4, a6, a5, a1 or the tt! i choose the tt as always wanted to drive some lol! but dont know what spec the car is! lol

Cribbon - Any idea if they're offering this on 140 models?

Must say as a new owner of a B7 140 I'm slightly worried.

Some 140s seem to be affected - colleague at work just booked in Passat 140 after chassis number checked by VW for all 4 injectors and loom.

Mine (140) is booked in at audi stoke on the 3rd of Jan for all 4 injectors replaced free of charge under warranty, I quoted the workshop action number that a8 posted, (23k1) and he booked it in straight away.

Hi all, Audi this week have admitted there is a fault with the injectors on the 2006 170..
They have issued a roll out recall, having has 1 injector let me down on the M25 im pleased to be booked into Ipswich Audi
hi can someone tell me i have just bought a 2007 170 out of warrenty but has full dealer history 144000 k would mine get done under a dealer how would i go about it thanks steve

read my post above ring your local audi dealer quote the above work shop action number, they will Replace them if you have the known faulty ones.

Hth

Hi, contacted Audi UK with similar email posted earlier in thread. This was the reply I got;

Dear Mr *******

Audi UK would suggest that a full diagnosis is completed at an Approved Audi Centre before we are able to offer any opinions regarding your vehicle. Please can you contact me once a booking has been arranged and I will be happy to investigate your case further.

Kind Regards

Customer Relations Manager
Audi UK
T 0800 699 888 Ext: 63382
F 0113 3932584
E

Couple of days later had all fuel and filters done (Audi UK) with fault scan showing nothing. Emailed back saying there were no faults but rather not take the risk for safety reasons. Haven't heard nothing for a couple of weeks.

Having another issue with MAF. Thinking of talking to service manager while I'm there picking up a new one tomorrow...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Well after exchanging a few emails and phone calls with my local Audi garage, nothing was done on their behalf.

Just got a phone call from them asking to book it in for recall :p

I had a overwhelming urge to say I told you so, but had to hold back. Felt a little smug regardless :yes:

Again, cannot emphasise enough how much this forum and in particular this thread has forced Audi into this recall.

Thankyou

Y

read my post above ring your local audi dealer quote the above work shop action number, they will Replace them if you have the known faulty ones.

Hth
hi rang audi slough today spoke to them regarding the recall on audi a4 170 the chap didnt want the referance above sounds like he was fully aware of the problem gave reg and booked in and got a complementry check over levels checked and toped up and wash hows that for service,thankyou for the advice people

yesssssssss. a full blown recall?????

howwwwzzzzzzaaaatttttt! THE POWER OF THE INTERNET, AUDI???? POWERFUL ENOUGH FOR YA????? TOSSERS! RECALL IS 2 YEARS TOO LATE TO MAINTAIN YOUR BRAND REPUTATION.
WE ALL KNOW AUDI'S ARE SH1T NOW!!!!
IF YOU'D ISSUED A RECALL WHEN YOU REALISED THESE INJECTORS WERE FAULTY BY DESIGN........ 90% OF CUSTOMERS WOULDN'T HAVE NOTICED HOW CRAP THEIR AUDI'S ARE!

that is all.

Last edited: