Anyone else with this problem on 2006 2.0 TDi? Injectors...

I'm guessing nobody has received a cheque yet...

I sent my invoice to Audi CS over 2 weeks ago.. Since then, they've told me they cannot reimburse unless the garage who fixed my car hands over details of the supplier theY purchased the injectors from, and how much they paid for them!!

No chance any business would hand over supplier info, let alone wholesale prices!! Can't believe the muppets working at Audi Treasury have suggested this!

Just had a call from Audi uk. The injectors will be checked and replaced if the problematic injectors are present. Many thanks!

I sent my invoice to Audi CS over 2 weeks ago.. Since then, they've told me they cannot reimburse unless the garage who fixed my car hands over details of the supplier theY purchased the injectors from, and how much they paid for them!!

No chance any business would hand over supplier info, let alone wholesale prices!! Can't believe the muppets working at Audi Treasury have suggested this!

I have just been told by Amie that my refund cheque has been authorised and is being raised but it will take upto 28 days.
She also assured me that if there had been a change in Audi UK's thinking ref refunds for cars repaired at indies she would have been the first person to let me know.
Can only take her at her word.

The cars booked in for Monday, i will let you know how i got on!

****PLEASE READ*****

I have also had problems with my injectors, first i had my emissions light and coil light flash, this then forced my car to run in safe mode, i had the problem reset by a small local garage, they informed me it was my Particulator filter and informed me to give it a good run as it will clean itself, the problem occoured again however 2 weeks later, instantly the car engine shutdown and i lost my stearing and brakes ( not nice when your are doing 60mph) I taken it to Camco in Warrington who after looking into this in great detail they informed me it was injector 3 which was not working.

my warranty cover informed me ******AUDI HAS AN ONGOING CAMPAIGN AS THE INJECTORS ON THE 170 A3 & A4 FROM 2005-2007 ARE A MANUFACTURERS FAULT, AUDI WILL REPAIR YOUR INJECTORS FREE OF CHARGE AS A SERVICE GOODWILL GESTURE, i phoned Audi Warrington up and they were adamant they knew nothing about this, i then went into Audi Warrington and spoke to the service manager who informed me i was correct and they will fix the car for free!!
I dont know why Audi are not reacalling all the affected models as it can be dangerous and maybe will or has caused accidents, instead they keep the ongoing campaign quiet!!
Hope this will help save you all money in the future

Have had three injectors fail on my 56 plate A4. Sent safety report to VOSA who confirmed that they had received 140 of them. Contacted Audi CS and now have car booked in for inspection next week. There does still seem to be a general lack of knowledge (or may be they are not keen to admit it) at CS and the dealers on the issue. Good job that VOSA have been on the case.
Many thanks to the guys who have chased up the solution on this, let's hope no-one gets hurt before every suspect car is sorted.

****PLEASE READ*****
AUDI HAS AN ONGOING CAMPAIGN AS THE INJECTORS ON THE 170 A3 & A4 FROM 2005-2007 ARE A MANUFACTURERS FAULT, AUDI WILL REPAIR YOUR INJECTORS FREE OF CHARGE AS A SERVICE GOODWILL GESTURE

I'm guessing you didn't read much of this thread before you posted :), you'll find that this specific campaign initiated right here in this very thread and spread everywhere else with everyone's help.

On the other hand it's good that you took time to spread the word had we not known about it :)

Please note that owners can also reclaim the cost of previous injector repairs done by an independant garage, under the current agreement. See previous pages for a scanned copy of the VOSA letter we received.

Delaership just rang to say they have replaced the injectors but the car is 'still running rough' !!!!!

Car was running fine when I took it in - I'm not taking it away unless it's running fine.

sorry to here that, mine is booked in tomorrow for and inspection and then hopefully replacement at a later date. Did they inspect and replace all on the same day for you? Let us know the outcome

cheers

matt

Yes - inspected and replaced the same day.

Now keeping it in until tomorrow to do some diagnostics etc.

On past experience I shouldn't have expected anything else really :(

do you mind telling where u are based in the uk so i no to avoid all audi garages around that area

cheers

matt

Well they just rang to say the car is still running rough and they can't find the problem ( if they can't then who can ? )

Also - the mechanic made a note it was running rough before he made a start on it - how very very convenient !

Sorry to rant on but wouldn't you think that if the car was running the same as when I brought it in they wouldn't have rung me ? therefore it must be running worse ? :banghead:

Thanks for the thread and information. My 170ps gave up on New Years day at relatively low speed and I was forced to pay up nearly £700 for an injector, even with a small Audi goodwill contribution.

I am somewhat more infuriated this evening as my car just died in lane 3 of the M4 in exactly the same way as it did on new years day so I know it is an injector problem. I am disgusted to learn that Audi see that this is an issue and would not at least replace all injectors at the first sign of a fault rather than wait for them to go one by one. Coasting across 3 lanes of a busy motorway with no power steering is not an experience I would wish to repeat or in fact wish on anyone else.

Both VOSA and Audi will get the benefit of my experience tomorrow and a more reputable car company will get my business next time it is time to replace the car.

So my car is in with the dealers and they have now had it 2 days the update so far i have received from them is that they have changed the gasket between egr and turbo to a more modified 1 did a road test as soon as car reached running temp of 50 degrees the misfire became worse than it was to start with so apparantely then they was going to do a compression test i asked why this test the answer i got was they have had 1 do this before misfire in this way and it resulted in a new short motor so that test must of come back o.k as they have now ordered new injectors for Monday but not a new loom the immpression i'am getting on all this is they are 100% baffled by this and they don't know which way to go and also i seem to have a tech guy who thinks hes gonna rectify all Audi's problems on this single handed by trying everything before the obvious but who am i to question them

Bit more of an update on mine, I rang the dealership to book it in and was told the they will charge me £110 to investigate the injectors as they had not failed yet but thought well better to check than not so went on to book it then they told me that they had already been done last September so thought great nothing else to worry about. Next day got a call from Audi UK to ask if i had booked it in to which i told them the story and when they were done and she asked if they told me any part no.s which they didnt so she said she would do some more investigations. Next day get a call from the dealer to book it in so did, Then i rang back Audi UK to find out what sort of charges and was advised that they will cover all charges to do with changing the injectors and sorting the flat spot out that i have got. Now the question i have for you guys is, is this flat spot due to the injectors as it does seem to be getting worse. It happens at low revs about 1500-2000rpm.

They have just picked her up, let the journey of discovery begin!

Paradise - I had to drop mine off then get a bus 15 miles home :)

Regarding mine running rough I have asked for definition of what they mean - they have said ....

I have spoke to the technician and he said that every now and again only from cold you get a slight judder. But this goes once the car is warm.

Mine is on it's way back. I spoke to the guy at Audi and asked if I had to pay what would it cost for the whole lot. £2k he said. Thanks Audi UK and Amersham Audi. Fab job

Harold Wood are dropping mine off this evening. I don't have part numbers but they assured me I already have the latest ones but they have changed the loom.
Finally well done audi!

Just for info: Mine had 4 x 03G 130 073 M and are replaced with the TX variant. Loom was also replaced with 03G 971 033 M

Well first impression is that it seems a little more responsive and unless it's me is using less fuel now. Guess that's cos they're new. Normally get around 46MPG, got 51.7 this morning.

3 Replaced by Audi. Mine has been mapped and I think is already quick but now it has that little more low down poke.

Anyone quoted to have to pay pay to get the car checked should not be paying a penny. Why do these dealerships insist on trying to get money even though it's an Audi c0ckup. Anyone paying a penny to these theives is only letting them get away with it. They messed up, they should be covering everything, full stop. If they don't like it, call Audi UK and sort it out, IT IS THIR INJECTORS THAT ARE FAULTY... stop paying them for work due to faults they have brought upon themselves!!!!!

On another note, got a message from Audi UK on Tuesday, asking me whether I was happy with the replacement of the injectors (on the car I don't have), and more importantly, that the cheque is "stuck" in accounting, and will take some more WEEKS to go through...

Not a penny back from Audi yet...

I was told that mine was running rough following the injector replacements and was told that if I wanted it
investigating I would have to authorise it ( and no doubt pay ). I went and picked the car up as it was and I don't see any problems with it - in fact it is quite a bit more responsive with the new injectors.

I do think that they should be making it a bit more known that they will replace the injectors even prior to a breakdown. It's only people on the forums and that have contacted vosa who know.

Maybe at least inform the AA and rac etc.

I do think that they should be making it a bit more known that they will replace the injectors even prior to a breakdown...

Until they issue a recall, this is so far damage control... any praise towards their "excellent service" should be reserved to when they ACTUALLY provide excellent service, ie equally to all owners regardless of whether they are in the UK or not, and regarless of whether VOSA have them by the b*alls or not. They're only doing this because VOSA made them. I don't see any of the Irish guys getting their defective injectors swapped for example...

Still no cheque...

had a 56 plate passat recovered to us today (first thing this morning).... i fault code read it..... usual injector circuit faults (60oddk on it we've serviced it twice!) ..... we made one call to gilders meadowhead (sheffield) to enquire on the owners behalf if it would be covered under good will etc.... they recovered it from us earlyish afternoon to replace all injectors so they said!

says something doesnt it.... gilders recovering non running cars from independant garages to fix them foc the same day.....

Hey guys i cant believe am hearing this about the injectors on the 170's :wtf:. I've just bought a 56 plate audi a3 sline 170 with 72k on the clock a week ago and now am reading about this problem. After reading what can happen to the car i dont feel safe in it at all. Its got no warranty but has full service history so any ideas on what i can do? The last thing i want is the injectors failing and then stuck with a big bill that i cant afford. Can someone put me in the right direction?

regards
Kal

k9audi I sent an email to Audi uk asking about this as i only bought my 07 plate a4 sline 170 se 4 weeks ago. They called me telling me to book it in. I got it back today supposedly with the injectors changed free of charge, but it still has the same flat spot which they did say they would also sort out. They also did a Vehicle health check told me i needed £1400 stuff that needed doing.

Hi K9audi, send an email to audi customer services explaining your concerns...... I did for my A4 170 Quattro (07 plate, out of warranty).
They will then arrange for a local audi garage to contact you..... they will then change all 4 injectors and loom FOC.
(sent email last week..... changed 2 days ago) No need to worry now about the injectors.

Cheers guys :salute:
Does anyone have the link for me to email my concerns too? or do I just go on audi.co.uk website

Hey wombatwilson Sorry to hear about the £1400 stuff you need doing for your car. Let me guess that charge will be to diagnose/strip down to find the cause of the flat spot!

Hey guys i cant believe am hearing this about the injectors on the 170's :wtf:. I've just bought a 56 plate audi a3 sline 170 with 72k on the clock a week ago and now am reading about this problem. After reading what can happen to the car i dont feel safe in it at all. Its got no warranty but has full service history so any ideas on what i can do? The last thing i want is the injectors failing and then stuck with a big bill that i cant afford. Can someone put me in the right direction?

regards
Kal

I was in the same situation mate, emailed audi uk and voiced my concerns quite heavily regarding safety etc, 3 days later the customer service manager is on the phone to me saying they will replace all injectors 100% free of charge

Dropped my car in yesterday morning and have had it back this afternoon, have been told that all 4 injectors have been replaced with the newer revised versions and the can doesnt really feel much different which is a good sign. Had a service done at the same time and all they picked up on the inspection was a nail in the tyre so no efforts to rip me off either which is also good. Good luck to everyone else who is in the process of getting them replaced/checked and hope it goes smoothly!

On a separate note my loan car was a 60 plate a3 technik 1.6 102ps and i have to say it was gutless lol! My mrs' 1.4 206 would have given it a run for its money!

Got my cheque today :)

Got to say a job well done to everyone on here. Without forums like these we would all be in the dark as to how big the problem was and would have struggled to be heard.

I do agree that it is just damage limitation at the moment and hopefully VAG will do the decent thing and start recalling in all countries.