Anyone else only been on TMC the past day or so?

scoss

Reaction score
I have data and to check I’ve been on the news etc on audi Connect, and my online licence expires next March.

Not sure why I’ve been on TMC the last day.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sometimes the traffic gets turned off. You can re-enable it in the place where you turn on all the POIs etc. If not, then I have noticed that sometimes the online traffic just takes a very long time to initialise

Really confused. When I logged out of my Audi I instant came back Online.

I thought you could only get online traffic updates if you were signed into my Audi?

Attachments

• 024B1F72-BC5D-45DB-83A9-CF4E2305E55E.jpeg
    024B1F72-BC5D-45DB-83A9-CF4E2305E55E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Sometimes the traffic gets turned off. You can re-enable it in the place where you turn on all the POIs etc. If not, then I have noticed that sometimes the online traffic just takes a very long time to initialise

Any ideas, see my most recent post. Really odd how I’m signed out but still Online.

I've noticed lately the online coming and going. Always used to come on within couple of minutes. Did two 3 hour journeys yesterday and didn't come online, but more annoyingly the Google traffic overlay was not working. Thought initially it may be a data problem, but it wasn't as I could get other Connect services Ok (weather and so on). Also, oddly, Google Earth overlay was Ok. Checked on My Audi and all services are enabled. Anyone else getting this?

I've noticed lately the online coming and going. Always used to come on within couple of minutes. Did two 3 hour journeys yesterday and didn't come online, but more annoyingly the Google traffic overlay was not working. Thought initially it may be a data problem, but it wasn't as I could get other Connect services Ok (weather and so on). Also, oddly, Google Earth overlay was Ok. Checked on My Audi and all services are enabled. Anyone else getting this?

I’ve been talking to audi via twitter and they can’t seem to explain how I can not be signed into my Audi in the car but be Online too. When I do log in my car goes to TMC all the time.

Although within the telephone and Nav menus you have the options to turn online traffic off/on. So perhaps online traffic is not dependant on “my audi”.

Still very odd how I go to TMC when I’m signed into my account.

Any have any ideas why this is so?

Last edited:
I’ve been talking to audi via twitter and they can’t seem to explain how I can not be signed into my Audi in the car but be Online too. When I do log in my car goes to TMC all the time.

Although within the telephone and Nav menus you have the options to turn online traffic off/on. So perhaps online traffic is not dependant on “my audi”.

Still very odd how I go to TMC when I’m signed into my account.

Any have any ideas why this is so?
Do you log in manually every time? I don't, and never need to. Once Online shows, I can go straight into all connect services, online satnav destinations and so on.
All of that is working fine still, just don't get the online indication, and most annoyingly Google traffic overlay.

Do you log in manually every time? I don't, and never need to. Once Online shows, I can go straight into all connect services, online satnav destinations and so on.
All of that is working fine still, just don't get the online indication, and most annoyingly Google traffic overlay.

Yeah if you’re online you should get the overlay. Have you tried signing out of connect to see if you remain online and the overlay comes back?

Reactions: jet_andy

When you say you don’t get the indication do you mean the online in the bottom left of the screen?

I have never had this issue in two years. Normally logged into connect and that’s that.

Ok -
I checked that I could get online destinations as I know you need to be logged in for this. I could get them, and I had the option on the Connect menu to logout, so I was clearly automatically logged in. But not showing Online in bottom corner, just TMC , and no Google traffic.
I logged out manually, and Online reappeared as did Google traffic , but when I went to online destinations I had to log in again . So I did, got to destinations , and Online indication and Google traffic remained. So all seems to be back to normal just by logging in and out again. I'll try it a few times throughout the day .

When you say you don’t get the indication do you mean the online in the bottom left of the screen?

I have never had this issue in two years. Normally logged into connect and that’s that.
Do you mean log in manually? I never normally need to do this.

Do you have the my Audi app? Audi on twitter asked me this. I have never needed the app. They
Ok -
I checked that I could get online destinations as I know you need to be logged in for this. I could get them, and I had the option on the Connect menu to logout, so I was clearly automatically logged in. But not showing Online in bottom corner, just TMC , and no Google traffic.
I logged out manually, and Online reappeared as did Google traffic , but when I went to online destinations I had to log in again . So I did, got to destinations , and Online indication and Google traffic remained. So all seems to be back to normal just by logging in and out again. I'll try it a few times throughout the day .

Yeah this happened with me. The next day I turned the car on I had TMC back!

Do you have the my Audi app? Audi on twitter asked me this. I have never needed the app. They

Yeah this happened with me. The next day I turned the car on I had TMC back!
Yes have the App. Find it quite useful, mainly for sending satnav destinations to the car.

Just make sure we're talking about same thing...MMI connect is the app.
On first page it has my Audi destinations. On there you can find destinations and then just swipe to send it to the car.

Just make sure we're talking about same thing...MMI connect is the app.
On first page it has my Audi destinations. On there you can find destinations and then just swipe to send it to the car.

No I’m on about the “my Audi” app

Just checked the car again, logged in automatically but not showing Online and no Google traffic. Logged out and it came back, logged back and it stayed (for few minutes anyway, will leave longer later).
This is a pain, don't know if Audi are changing things which don't need changing or its a fault in the system .

Just checked the car again, logged in automatically but not showing Online and no Google traffic. Logged out and it came back, logged back and it stayed (for few minutes anyway, will leave longer later).
This is a pain, don't know if Audi are changing things which don't need changing or its a fault in the system .

You seem to have the same issue as me then. Logging out gives you the Online Function back.

It can’t be just us having this issue surly.

You seem to have the same issue as me then. Logging out gives you the Online Function back.

It can’t be just us having this issue surly.
Hopefully Audi fully aware. Do you keep the online function if you log back In?

Hopefully Audi fully aware. Do you keep the online function if you log back In?

Yes. But when I turn the car on the next day I’m back to TMC. MMI reset also brings back the TMC. Never used to happen.

I called Audi Eastbourne about this today, as the car is in for a service on Wednesday. The guy on the phone couldn't help and said he wasn't aware of any issues, but iIve emailed him the details of the problem which he will add to the Service file, and their Connect 'expert' will look into it. I wondered if there has been some kind of update to the Connect system, and the car needs an update to match??

My 3 month trial of Audi connect has just run out, is it worth purchasing a license? Other than Sat Nav which is free is there any real benefits to using Audi Connect?

Just call audi and they’ll renew your license for free. At present they extend it for free year on year.

My 3 month trial of Audi connect has just run out, is it worth purchasing a license? Other than Sat Nav which is free is there any real benefits to using Audi Connect?
I've not seen anyone pay for a license, Audi seem to extend it for free. Not sure if people are emailing Audi UK or the dealers are sorting it. I think emailing.

I've not seen anyone pay for a license, Audi seem to extend it for free. Not sure if people are emailing Audi UK or the dealers are sorting it. I think emailing.

I’ve always called audi UK customer service to renew. It takes 2 min and you’ll need your VIN and that’s it.

Reactions: oli356
I have owned my A4 for a week and the licences expired. I just called them and they have given me another 12 months.

Thanks for the advice

I called Audi Eastbourne about this today, as the car is in for a service on Wednesday. The guy on the phone couldn't help and said he wasn't aware of any issues, but iIve emailed him the details of the problem which he will add to the Service file, and their Connect 'expert' will look into it. I wondered if there has been some kind of update to the Connect system, and the car needs an update to match??
I've just been informed by Audi Eastbourne that they need to replace the SIM card reader, based on my description of the problem which ties in with a Service Bulletin they have.
It has to be ordered in so I will re-post after its fitted.

I’ve always called audi UK customer service to renew. It takes 2 min and you’ll need your VIN and that’s it.

How long did they say it would take to activate on your car? I was told up to two weeks yesterday.. not a big deal just curious really.

How long did they say it would take to activate on your car? I was told up to two weeks yesterday.. not a big deal just curious really.

I was told that but it’s normally a few days.

I've just been informed by Audi Eastbourne that they need to replace the SIM card reader, based on my description of the problem which ties in with a Service Bulletin they have.
It has to be ordered in so I will re-post after its fitted.

Is your sim not even being recognised then?