Anyone else have issues with tyres going down over time?

Funkyfin2000

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
I have the standard 17 inch Avus wheels on my A4 and over time (probably 4-6 weeks) I find the tyre pressures deplete. I don't think I have any punctures as it happens on 3 of my tyres and has happened after replacement of tyres as well.

Any known solutions bar replacing the alloys??

Cheers peeps

Rich

Whoever fitted the tyres probably didn't clean up the inside of the rims so tyres aren't sealing on the bead correctly.

Reactions: Funkyfin2000
Its not unusual although 3 is unlucky.Always check all of them every few weeks cos you never know if theres a slow puncture

Could be leaking valves or a hairline crack in the rim itself.

That's very unusual to loose pressure on ALL 3-wheels/tyres, with replacement tyres too.

Makes you wonder :think: if the tyre fitter re-fitted the original valve cores: suggest you change all FOUR valve cores for some quality Schrader (on eBay) items, it's a simple screw-out the old and screw-in the new one procedure.

Hope you've applied a soap solution around the tyre-to-rim and valve-to-rim areas and valve throat too and checked for bubbles... :blink:

That's very unusual to loose pressure on ALL 3-wheels/tyres, with replacement tyres too.

Makes you wonder :think: if the tyre fitter re-fitted the original valve cores: suggest you change all FOUR valve cores for some quality Schrader (on eBay) items, it's a simple screw-out the old and screw-in the new one procedure.

Hope you've applied a soap solution around the tyre-to-rim and valve-to-rim areas and valve throat too and checked for bubbles... :blink:
Yeh I double this, defo sounds like old valves to me. Double check ya rims inside though as the laquer tends to cone of causing air to leak from the rim, each check for all, washing up liquid and water, then look for bubbles

I would go back to where you had the tyres fitted and tell them they keep going down its more than likely they are not sealing and need cleaned up ive had this on the wifes A3 and also on my A4

Take the wheels off and look for cracks.

Better yet pump them full of air and dunk them in a bucket of water then see where the bubbles are coming from.