Anyone else got rust forming along the bottom of their doors?

yeah mate. best of it is, looking at my car from the side it looks ok, then i saw this post the other day and thought mine was ok, then i send it up on the ramp at work and it goes down hill from there. lets just hope we can get it sorted

[ QUOTE ]
Question I have is, does this apply to S3's aswell?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to apply to all A3/S3s as people with both have experienced this problem.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah mate. best of it is, looking at my car from the side it looks ok, then i saw this post the other day and thought mine was ok, then i send it up on the ramp at work and it goes down hill from there. lets just hope we can get it sorted

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets hope we can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question I have is, does this apply to S3's aswell?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to apply to all A3/S3s as people with both have experienced this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone want to buy an S3 lol? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The galvanised body was one of the reasons that I bought the car! Seems the 12 year warrenty isnt worth the paper it is written to - shall we all write in to watchdog? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, thats useless!

My local Audi dealer (Brighton) has a large bodyshop attached to it. I would assume that they would be "approved"!!

Also there is an approved audi garage in Worthing. Its VW, but they do audi as well as I had my front wing sprayed there.

So thats two within 10 miles near me. I would have thought that the same would be the case for your area. Ring around some of the VW bodyshops to check them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Porstlade panel works? I've heard they do all the Rivervale Porsche/Merc body repairs so maybe they'd be approved..

Adam

in all fairness i dont care where mine gets done as long as it is a top job and audi pay for it.

[ QUOTE ]
The galvanised body was one of the reasons that I bought the car! Seems the 12 year warrenty isnt worth the paper it is written to - shall we all write in to watchdog? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same about Watchdog and will probably take it up with them if I don't get anywhere.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The warranty does indeed seem to be a bit flaky, but the galvanised panels are certainly doing their job on my car.

Like I mentioned earlier I have a small chip that really should be rusting, but its fine.

I also discovered a couple of scratches under my ecu cover which had been caused by an over enthusiastic windscreen replacement. These are right down to the metal. I've painted them now but they hadn't rusted at all. Probably been like it for years.

I'm now wondering if some parts weren't galvanised or protected better than others at the factory??

[ QUOTE ]
I'm now wondering if some parts weren't galvanised or protected better than others at the factory??

[/ QUOTE ]

That might well be.

So is there any chance of you other guys posting or Emailing me the pics of your cars?

Also the guys that have had theirs sorted by Audi is there any chance that you could PM me some details about your claim?

Just putting my case together if Audi try and fob me off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif