Anyone else got a window ledge dent?

TeaMonsta

Reaction score
I rest my elbow on the window ledge when I'm driving and it's now got a dent in the material. This happened shortly after collecting the car after a couple of drives. Anyone else experienced this or approached Audi about it? The arm-rest on the door is too low to rest my elbow on, I find.

Nope...clearly I must go to the gym more for bigger arms!

Reactions: TeaMonsta and CHEZ
Ah - the infamous window ledge dent...... I guess you mean one of these......

Window ledge smalljpg

Reactions: TeaMonsta
That's exactly it. Looks like you've taken a photo of my window ledge. I'm wondering whether or not to mention it to Audi. I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Has anyone mentioned it? What did Audi say/do?

It’s not as bad as being greeted with this in your week old car when returning home from being away.

Never trust your car with a partner who likes to take other people’s rubbish up the tip for them, especially old clothes rails!

I’ve managed to make to make the best of it with some heat and glue, until I get round to replacing the door card.

Attachments

• B6B954FC-22EC-42A5-BBB3-6932F38DC273.jpeg
    B6B954FC-22EC-42A5-BBB3-6932F38DC273.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 328
Ouch! I'd be a tad angry with that. I've told my other half not to even touch the piano black inlays so she already knows how anal I am (although she knew that anyway). But that! Well......

I've got the same dent in mine :(
It's just annoying. I have to take my car into Audi soon for a defective left main beam so I'll mention the dent and see what they say. If they come back with any sort of compensation, I'll post it here.

I have the same dent. I thought it was just me!

That's exactly it. Looks like you've taken a photo of my window ledge. I'm wondering whether or not to mention it to Audi. I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Has anyone mentioned it? What did Audi say/do?

I have not mentioned it - TBH I only though about it after your post! I guess persistent pressure from those of us with pointier elbows causes the material to deform. Even if that part were replaced the dent would quickly return - it is just the nature of that material.

Options would include not resting the elbow on the ledge, wearing elbow pads or more drastically, undergoing surgery to re-profile the elbow itself. I wonder if my medical insurance would pay out!

Not having my elbow rounded off. Think I might dig out an old mountain-biking elbow pad. Or live with it. Probably just live with it...

I am one of those weird people who can use either. No preferences as to which side my pc mouse is, just prefer it to be on left at home, on the right at work...

I rest my elbow on the window ledge when I'm driving and it's now got a dent in the material. This happened shortly after collecting the car after a couple of drives. Anyone else experienced this or approached Audi about it? The arm-rest on the door is too low to rest my elbow on, I find.

No offence is intended, but what do you expect Audi to do about it? It's soft plastic - it will deform if you put weight on it at a single point like your elbow.

.....what do you expect Audi to do about it? It's soft plastic - it will deform if you put weight on it at a single point like your elbow.
Very helpful comment, that. Thanks. I’ve owned many cars over the past 29 years, most of which have had similar materials used and this is the first time I’ve encountered this problem. In answer to your question, as a premium brand, I would expect Audi to take my feedback on board to make a possible improvement in the future.