Anyone debadged the rear of their S3?

azibux1

Reaction score
Anyone debadged the rear of their S3? Just leaving the Audi rings of course, and removing the S3 badge?

Started a similar topic for my current car (Ford) and got some very differing views so thought I'd see what people here think

I quite prefer the 'clean' look without the badges but have left it on my order as that way at least I can take it off if I choose to

Yes I prefer the clean look, symmetry OCD !! .......

zzRkPT78

Reactions: Scottyg, Terminator x, Gazwould and 5 others
Well I like the de-badge thing and I went black with mine but may consider taking the S3 off at a later date.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Looks good

Think I may do like I mentioned, leave the badge on the order (at least I have it that way), then remove it if I want to later on

I usually always take the badges off too. Specced the last Audi SE without them.

Have kept them on the S3 order though. I suppose they come off with some fishing line if need be?

Yep the good old fishing line or dental floss and hair dryer works wonders !!

Cracking picture. Love the colour, Daytona? I had monsoon on the last car, looked good when clean.

Cheers mate :friends:

Yes Daytona - that's prob last time it was clean too desperately needs doing this weekend it's a right sorry state !

We're all friends in here yes, see my debaged A3.

TX. IMG 20160116 122846

Reactions: CHEZ, birch_security, RyyC and 3 others
Yeah as above, used dental floss and hairdryer on my current car

Just remember to 'cut' and not pull (to avoid damaging the paint)

I could perhaps understand if it said 1.2 or even TDi

I could perhaps understand if it said 1.2 or even TDi
This is similar to what people told me last time.

But it isn't about hiding what it is, because people that know, will know anyway from other things like the exhausts... It's simply about the look of it without a badge

I did consider this - I've always taken some or all of the badges off the back. I think if it had 's3' on one side and 2.0tfsi' on the other rather than just the 's3' - i would definitely remove the engine details. Leaving mine alone for now...

Not the best photo but it's all I've got on this phone.
I went for a completely smooth look, wiper will be off shortly

Reactions: MikeParkin
Your symmetry OCD can't be that bad as you've still got the rear wiper :tonguewink:

Vey true !!

Maybe I should park it vertically like some of the Mk1 Golf's have ????