Anyone came across this fault before?

dplovin

Reaction score
Has anyone came across this fault before below. any idea where the sensor is located on a audi S4 V8. hoping this has something to do with slightly loosing coolant issue I'm experiencing.

Address 08: Auto HVAC Labels: 8E0-820-043.lbl
Part No: 8E0 820 043 AA
Component: A4 Klimaautomat 1219
Coding: 00000
Shop #: WSC 06435
VCID: 60CF460BE0B6781EF43-5000

1 Fault Found:
00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
30-00 - Open or Short to Plus

Very common issue, nothing to do with coolant, that's for the aircon system, its a £50 part from audi iirc & you can usually swap out yourself.

Reactions: dplovin
Just the air con then I'll get the part from audi, more importantly though I need narrow down this disappearing coolant issue

If you run the car for 15 mins or so and then slowly undo expansion tank cap it should be pressurised in the tank. If it is then it could be the cap or something more sinister if not then check hoses and water pump , also check inside to make sure heater matrix is not leaking.

Reactions: dplovin
If you run the car for 15 mins or so and then slowly undo expansion tank cap it should be pressurised in the tank. If it is then it could be the cap or something more sinister if not then check hoses and water pump , also check inside to make sure heater matrix is not leaking.

update its been in the garage and they have had it running for a while and not noticed any leaks anywhere. checked oil etc no signs of contamination, pressure tested all fine. hmmmm strange

Temostat sticking maybe sometimes it will open and sometimes it won't maybe when garage checked it out it wasn't sticking