Anyone been to Turkey?

tyrrelll

Lukey.T
Reaction score
So i'm off to Gumbet in Turkey tomorrow with a couple of mates. I managed to get a cheap last minute thing so should be a nice week!
Has anyone been before?? Or know any decent places/things to do?? Im going there clueless haha.

wow i'll be glad to leave this weather behind tho!

Luke

I was in Turkey two weeks ago. Stayed in turgreteis which is near Gumbet. We drove past gumbet after an evening boat trip, if you are into your clubs and nightlife then that is the place to be by the looks of things. Just be very careful when buying and ordering drinks, pay as soon as you get the round because they like to put it on a tab and they con you with the bill..the missus and I had 3 drinks each and they tried charging 90 lira when in actual fact it was 41 lira. So just be aware of that! Another group we got chatting to went out and the barman said he will sort the bill out the next day at the hotel, they were charged 140 lira and they had 60 liras worth of drinks!!
As for things to do, a nice day trip to Bodrum city centre is worth doing. I recommend the boat trips. I also recommend doing the dalyan mud bath. Its a good crack. Also the turkish baths are defenetly worth doing!

Hope this helps. Hope you have a good time!

Yep watch those sneaky Turks! Were like cattle to them, just there to be milked. It's so funny how much you can barter with them in the markets etc, they say you can usually drop them 60% but I managed more like 80%. Have fun

Thanks for the advice lads! i'll keep that in mind. I've heard things about Bodrum market so i'm looking forward to bartering my way through it haha.

Just googled dalyan mud baths too, looks crazy! i'll defiantly try get round to it.

Little tip i was given for Morocco but might apply to turkey too... if they offer you excursions at the hotel for stuff like quadbikes dont go for it as they charge you like 50% more... go to the market place and look for the excursions as it generally is at the same place and ignore the whole "oh but its not safe at the market, they will try to rip you off" cos your trusting hotel guide is ripping you off.

have a good one mate, enjoy the holiday... and you should have the games i posted waiting for you when you return ;)

Its a good time to go, you get quite a lot of Lira for your Sterling at the moment. Have a good time, I got back a week ago today and it was just getting into the 30's there.