Anyone been on holiday to Turkey??

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
Planning the holiday for next year with the missus at the moment, trying to find something kiddie friendly for the 5yr old little lady! We've decided Turkey looks a really good option as there are stacks of really good 4* & 5* hotels that have shed loads of activites for all ages & do all-inclusive for about 20p more than a week in Majorca. Has anyone done Turkey on a family holiday with any recommendations or advice on where to avoid??

Only been to Bodrum when I popped over from a Greek island.
Had a great time and plan to go back to stock up on clothing and leather goods :)
I think you would have a great family holiday there. Turkish men can be a bit intimidating to women, but harmless (just a different culture).

Been to marmaris twice with the family (4 kids) and apart from being stressful trying to entertain the wife and the kids we had a bril time. We stayed in same hotel twice (3Star family run hotel) and we were made to feel very welcome. Plus Marmaris has a new aqua park and you can spend the whole day there for a tenner per person. Then theres various excursions for the day i.e. jeep safari, cruises etc and they work out 15 quid per person. Then you have the markets, shopping, harbour - I can go on all day long. Re hotel it was called 'Hotel Sinem' should come up on google search and booked from first choice and it worked out around 270 per person. Good luck

pav-g said:
Been to marmaris twice with the family (4 kids) and apart from being stressful trying to entertain the wife and the kids we had a bril time. We stayed in same hotel twice (3Star family run hotel) and we were made to feel very welcome. Plus Marmaris has a new aqua park and you can spend the whole day there for a tenner per person. Then theres various excursions for the day i.e. jeep safari, cruises etc and they work out 15 quid per person. Then you have the markets, shopping, harbour - I can go on all day long. Re hotel it was called 'Hotel Sinem' should come up on google search and booked from first choice and it worked out around 270 per person. Good luck

Whats the beach like in Marmaris? From doing some reading im finding a fair few beaches at some resorts are shingle & pepples which dosent make it easy for sand castle building etc!

I've been once with my wife. We went to Hisaranu. The local beach is at Olu Deniz and it is fine pebbles. But it's like a Lagoon so it's very nice and calm, perfect for swimming.
The Turkish men do like to be a little flirty with the women, esp with blondes. But harmless enough really.
We may go back next year, it is really nice and the meals are varied and decent quality.
The markets are good, a lot of fake goods though and you do get hassled a lot but you soon learn to ignore it!

I'd recomend. :icon_thumright:

Nickynibbles said:
Whats the beach like in Marmaris? From doing some reading im finding a fair few beaches at some resorts are shingle & pepples which dosent make it easy for sand castle building etc!

What beach! yeah your bang on the beach is of shingle and pebbles and its the same all around marmaris. If you want beautiful golden sandy beaches then you'l have to hire a dolmus and find a nice small island etc you get my jist

pav

Cheers all for the input! A Sandy beach is top priority for us as the little lady loves playing on beaches & building sand castles, digging holes to the centre of the earth etc! Rules out Marmaris for this reason really! Olu Deniz im also understanding is stoney??

Options at the moment seem to be Belek, Side & Turgutreis, although trying to find hotels that have good reviews and not full of russians is proving fun!!

Just to spoil the links positive theme...I HATE Turkey! Too hot with forest fires, got mugged and hassled all of the time by men. Dusty and dirty. My sister was offered £500 for her daughter and this happened within the first few days of staying in Bodrum.
Ephesus ( wrong spelling, sorry!) was fantastic though and Pammulakle ( spelt wrong again I know!) but I would NEVER go to any part of Turkey ever again.
Sorry if there are any Turkish people out there, don't wanna offend, this is my own personal opinion.

Its settled, we've decided upon going to this place:

www.aegeandream.com

Looks good, great facilites & spot on reviews from all different sites. Just need to find the best price now.................Bring on next summer!!

LottieA3 said:
Dont think thats the correct link Nickynibbles!!!:think:

Whoops, link now edited, its meant to be

www.aegeandream.com

Found the best place online charging £1,135 all inclusive for 7 nights in June, going to use my usual trick & find some numbers on teletext & play them off each other a bit to knock it down, still not a bad price really considering what your getting there :rockwoot: