Anyone aware of any strutbraces for the B6?

CHRIS555

DOPE with added OCD
Reaction score
As the title suggests, does anyone know of any strutbraces which can be purchased for the B6?

It was a joke.....

I've never seen or heard of any for the A4 personally, but I've never really looked into so - can't say that for definite.

It was a joke.....

I've never seen or heard of any for the A4 personally, but I've never really looked into so - can't say that for definite.

I know mate, just winding you up ;)

I've never seen any for the B6 so I'm just interested in seeing if they exist - there isn't much room for one, but i think it would be nice to have something polished and gleaming under there somewhere! Probably going to be a universal / bespoke jobbie i think......

My 2.5 v6 tdi has a front one on, thought it was standard on this model.Its a pain because it covers the battery clamp, makes it a pain to remove the battery.

I thought our cars had one fitted behind the fire wall.......... will have to have another look but my old face lift A4 B5 had one from stock.

I believe the b6 is designed with a duel firewall built in which provides a very stiff front end meaning a strut brace is not needed and will give little if any advantage.

It does have the firewall, yes - I'm more after the chrome look under the bonnet!

After completing the Plenum chamber clean today as per the recent thread, i took my battery out to clean the drain plugs. I can confirm that a strut brace is fitted as standard. Its not a tubular one like you would buy, its a steel bar about 8mm by 30mm, bolted to both suspension turrets and the bulkhead. Not decorative like an aftermarket one, but i am sure just as effective.

After completing the Plenum chamber clean today as per the recent thread, i took my battery out to clean the drain plugs. I can confirm that a strut brace is fitted as standard. Its not a tubular one like you would buy, its a steel bar about 8mm by 30mm, bolted to both suspension turrets and the bulkhead. Not decorative like an aftermarket one, but i am sure just as effective.

Bingo, why put shiny things in there if they arn't going to do something? don't want the front too rigid or you may end up with a cracked windscreen.

photo as requested, you can see the brace it hides beneath the rubbery cable thing clamped along the bulkhead, its black and rectangular in section.

strutbracetop.jpg