anyone actually like the sound this car makes

M

monopole

title says 480hp S3 w/milltek..

sounds terrible to my ears, but he makes some odd gear changes which don't help I suppose

Bit droney and canny that sound for me and not enough pops

that silver Porsche sounded good

Bit droney and canny that sound for me and not enough pops

that silver Porsche sounded good
porsche was way better, turbo whistle always pleases me

Reactions: E15 and jonnyj
No I can't say I like it. But there's not really a lot you can do to make a modern 4cyl turbo sound good. Louder? Definitely. Good/better? No.

Reactions: FBF01 and Deep penetrator
Sounds sh1t, utterly infact. Just for the record, he drives like pr1ck as well.

Reactions: monopole
I don't think I could go back to a 4-pot now.

Reactions: JamesCrs3, FBF01 and monopole
Why do some people run around after them with their arms stretched out and mobile in hands:whip:

Must be the Instagram 'fame' chasers........:whip:

I think it is impossible to make the ea888 sound good, I tried with my Golf R without success. In my opinion it always sounds bad no matter what you do it. My Cooper S sounded way better.

That is why I traded the golf for the RS3!

Sounds horrible. I’m probably amongst the few but I think the facelift S3 sounds ok, you get nice pops and bangs, a reasonable level of noise under load and it can be nice and quiet when taking is steady. You do need the windows down though as the cabin doesn’t let much in.

Also think the RS3 sounds great in FL and obviously PFL, some of the after market exhausts are a tad ASBO for me.

Reactions: teslaboy and dno_uk
This is one of the reasons I sold my 2016 TTS after 3 months of ownership, The DSG farts were nice but the actual sound of the engine is pants and sounds like a 2 stroke moped.

Give me that 997 anyday :hubbahubba:

I think it is impossible to make the ea888 sound good, I tried with my Golf R without success. In my opinion it always sounds bad no matter what you do it. My Cooper S sounded way better.

That is why I traded the golf for the RS3!
Seen / heard a few GRs with the 2.5 transplant. Mad surprise when you hear one take off!

TX.

Seen / heard a few GRs with the 2.5 transplant. Mad surprise when you hear one take off!

TX.
Really?! Will have to Youtube that. The Golf R is a great car for what it is. Very good value, pretty swift and decent image (little bit tarnished with cheap leases). They just don't sound good at all.

Can probably pick one up now for £15k. A remap takes them up to 380bhp and makes them excellent performance value.

Shouldn't you post that in the S3 forum? I read it as RS3 at first so was confused.

That actually sounds terrible, too whiny like an insect or something.