ANYBODY USED ANGEL TUNING???

46TheDoctor

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondered if any of you out there have used Angel Tuning for a remap on 130PD Sport. How did you find them, any problems, did your cars performance improve, mpg improve and any problems associated with the remap, do any of you know if its a proper remap or just a temp sensor frig? Any help from you guys would be appreciated as im waiting to have a remap done, i have REVO dealer 5 miles away but he wants to pay his mortgage off early with his prices!!!!!!!!

Can't go wrong with AT mate - I have used them for re-mapping a VW Golf 130 PD and also a Seat Cupra 1.8T! :icon_thumright:

I'm assuming you are speaking to Nige - sound bloke who knows his stuff!

Compaired to the likes of Revo etc - the price is well worth it for someone to come to you to do a re-map :rockwoot:

Sheraz

Cheers killer, did remap make much difference to performance?, did it have any adverse affects on diesel consumption, any downsides at all?:puke2:

Nope!

Re-map is definetly the way to go - your car will feel different in a whole good way. Smoother, faster and more effortless! :rockwoot:

Your mpg will improve by a bit but it definetly won't make it worse!

As for the performance - the extra torque makes driving efforless for overtaking. On a rolling start you should keep upto (or even get ahead) most 1.8T cars; trust me, I know!!! :arco:

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Killer,

I have a 1.9TDI PD but its only a 100bhp version. Its a sport & i was wondering what results would i get from gettin it re-mapped. I mean its not slow as it is, but i would like a bit more "ooooooomph" from it. Would i get it up to a standard 130PD do you think?

Anybody else remapped a 100bhp version?

Thanks for any comments :thumbs up:

I couldnt tell you about the 100bhp, try going onto Angel Tuning website and have a look in the audi section too see what bhp increase they give for your motor. Back to killer i have heard some nightmare stories about clutches slipping with these remaps, you experienced any slippage? How long has yours been done for now?:rockwoot:

I think you will at least get a 30bhp & 40lb of torque increase; it really does make the car more 'alive'

As for slipping clutches; I couldn't really say but the only prob you might have is putting the traction down if your cars isn't Quattro; especially in the wet (you can get wheel spin in 3rd/4rd)

:icon_thumright:

Sheraz