Anybody sold there modded s3 recently?

Smirky

Reaction score
So looking at selling my stage 2+ pre facelift as few things have changed and looking at getting a sportback ,
Anybody sold there's recently and ideas on best place to sell as I assume auto trader isn't really the place for modified cars ?
Or if anyone is looking to buy one get in touch !

Reactions: Alex_Wil and S3Alex
So looking at selling my stage 2+ pre facelift as few things have changed and looking at getting a sportback ,
Anybody sold there's recently and ideas on best place to sell as I assume auto trader isn't really the place for modified cars ?
Or if anyone is looking to buy one get in touch !

You'll miss it....

Pistonheads is sometimes ok for this sort of thing and the alternative is to revert to stock and sell the uprated parts.

Dealers are sometimes also sympathetic if they're selling you another car.

Good luck.

Reactions: Smirky
Yeah I know just testing the water at the moment kinda hoping no interest !
But I need something with 5 doors due to little person later in the year , trying to wangle an rs4 but it's not going to well lol

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah I know just testing the water at the moment kinda hoping no interest !
But I need something with 5 doors due to little person later in the year , trying to wangle an rs4 but it's not going to well lol

A friend of mine runs an S4 as his "family" car so that's an avenue worth trying!

S4 with a pulley and map. Wicked power, i couldn't own the same car straight after - thats just me though lol.

Reactions: S3Alex
Congrats on the addition to the family mate - sad to hear that the S3 is going though :(

Could you stretch to buying a sportback, swapping the parts over and selling the 3door as stock? It seems over the top, but is likely the best way to save the most money that you've spent on the upgrades as most of the stuff would be a straight swap. If you're attached to the idea of another S3 that is.

Reactions: HHS3 and Smirky
Congrats on the addition to the family mate - sad to hear that the S3 is going though :(

Could you stretch to buying a sportback, swapping the parts over and selling the 3door as stock? It seems over the top, but is likely the best way to save the most money that you've spent on the upgrades as most of the stuff would be a straight swap. If you're attached to the idea of another S3 that is.
Hoping it doesn't have to go just putting the feelers out ,
I'd sell it as is though if I do go for a sport back it will be an 8v or the more likely would be the saloon get pretty good lease deals through work so considering that,
As u well know it's been a labour of love and money !
And god I know I will miss the noise of the bcs !

Reactions: leshkin
Yes I have just sold a facelift and I'll warn you now there are plenty of people interested BUT 90% are time wasters or people wanting to pay half the value.
Had mine on eBay piston heads and gumtree
No exaggeration on eBay I had over 30 people message me majory saying
"What's lowest price you'll take and I'm a genuine buyer"
Had a good few say they were coming to view and the usual excuses came out
Selling cars like these is stressful

Reactions: kash_v, Smirky, leshkin and 1 other person
Yes I have just sold a facelift and I'll warn you now there are plenty of people interested BUT 90% are time wasters or people wanting to pay half the value.
That's exactly why I stripped then traded mine as I just can't do with timewasters looking to get your pride and joy for peanuts.
On the plus side the 8V S3 is a fairly big step up tech wise and easy as quick as a stage 1 8P when standard!

My answer to those is always "What's the highest you will go?"... Not a single time did I have a buyer coming to even view the car after asking the "lowest price" question. It's like code word for time waster

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

That's exactly why I stripped then traded mine as I just can't do with timewasters looking to get your pride and joy for peanuts.
On the plus side the 8V S3 is a fairly big step up tech wise and easy as quick as a stage 1 8P when standard!
Aye just bought a facelift 8V myself takes a little getting used to 310 bhp again not quite as quick as my old 8P I took him on a test drive the lad who bought it and 1 I forgot how stiff the dam clutch was 2 how quick it was and 3 how immense it sounded

Can't be dealing with time wasters or test pilots ,might phone a few *performance* garages see what they say ,
When it comes to stripping it I don't have the space or the paitence to do it , and yep I'm lazy lol

Sad to hear you are thinking about getting rid of the S3, whoever buys it will get a well looked after car!

And congrats on the news!

I sold my 500bhp big turbo s3 a month ago I had it advertised on eBay and auto trader and I think the buy saw it on auto trader I got 15k for it

As I was in charge of the motor transport dept at home, I just told the family, if it don't go in the car it won't be going. The Sportback version is no bigger inside than a 3dr. car, all you are gaining is 2 extra doors.

As I was in charge of the motor transport dept at home, I just told the family, if it don't go in the car it won't be going. The Sportback version is no bigger inside than a 3dr. car, all you are gaining is 2 extra doors.
It's not the space that's the issue it's more the ease of getting in and out of the back seats

It's not the space that's the issue it's more the ease of getting in and out of the back seats
Yeh, I know all to well about that, humping babies in and out of a Ford Anglia many moons ago but if you want to keep your car, you can do the same. Having a baby is already a big expense, let alone selling your pride and joy and loosing a lot of cash.
Tough it out for a while, there won't be many pleasures for sometime to come.

Yeh, I know all to well about that, humping babies in and out of a Ford Anglia many moons ago but if you want to keep your car, you can do the same. Having a baby is already a big expense, let alone selling your pride and joy and loosing a lot of cash.
Tough it out for a while, there won't be many pleasures for sometime to come.
It's not so much me I'm worried about it's the other half and the big doors on a 3 door because unlike me she is unwilling to park in the furthest corner of the car park from the shop

Reactions: Rob C
What about buying a cheap 5 door run around for your partner? I recently bought a s3 3 door, had a 5 door before and it is more difficult to use with kids but i wouldn't consider selling it mate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk