Facelift Anybody running a JB1 on the FL S3

Josht

Reaction score
hi guys I'm still awaiting delivery of my S-tronic S3 I've agreed the purchase of a JB1 and sports cat looking to get them on once I've run the car in. just wondering has anybody been running one yet on their FL and if so what its like on and if anybody has any figures ?

Cheers in advance

hi guys I'm still awaiting delivery of my S-tronic S3 I've agreed the purchase of a JB1 and sports cat looking to get them on once I've run the car in. just wondering has anybody been running one yet on their FL and if so what its like on and if anybody has any figures ?

Cheers in advance

The diffence in power output with Jb1 for other engine variations 280,290,292,300 is minimal so would expect about the same for the 310hp engine as well...

Great choice of car and tune and sure you'll get lots of fun!

Reactions: pburv
I finally had a power run carried out on the S3 Last week with the standard and with JB1 on at EFI in Runcorn it pulled 355bhp Peak and 370ft-lb peak torque ! Over the moon with the results its only running and intake pipe and a vwr panel filter.

Attachments

• dyno graph s3.jpg
    dyno graph s3.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 414
Reactions: S3 Turbo
Good results!

But my tuning company claim that they could Stage 1 map my FL S3 to 370hp+, they use Revo maps and have the ability to customise them properly.... they build and set up high performance Japanese motors, like we are taking 800/900hp cars... so maybe that's why.

355 is pretty good. I have a dtuk box (pre FL box on a FL car) on mine I would guess around the same power. 350-360. deffo makes a difference. Will be mapped soon.

I finally had a power run carried out on the S3 Last week with the standard and with JB1 on at EFI in Runcorn it pulled 355bhp Peak and 370ft-lb peak torque ! Over the moon with the results its only running and intake pipe and a vwr panel filter.

Nice!

Default map 1 +4.8?

Do you have inlet hose (from airbox) or inlet elbow (to actual turbo)?

What dyno brand was used?

But my tuning company claim that they could Stage 1 map my FL S3 to 370hp+, they use Revo maps and have the ability to customise them properly.... they build and set up high performance Japanese motors, like we are taking 800/900hp cars... so maybe that's why.

i would have prefered a map but the car is a lease so i wanted fully removable tune

Nice!

Default map 1 +4.8?

Do you have inlet hose (from airbox) or inlet elbow (to actual turbo)?

What dyno brand was used?

map 1 + 5.o

oem airbox with vwr filter intake hose and elbow to turbo

its a superflow 2wd 1000hp dyno

my pre-facelift is going on the rollers on the 29th december, im running jb1 map 1+5.0 with a milltek cat back and a cts turbo inlet elbow, and getting an intake system fitted on the same day! and yesterday i ordered the jb4 from burger motorsports so hopefully that will come before the 29th and i will have that on aswell. will post the results

get the jb4 upgrade kit and u will make another 7-10whp & 10-12lb/ft torque

my pre-facelift is going on the rollers on the 29th december, im running jb1 map 1+5.0 with a milltek cat back and a cts turbo inlet elbow, and getting an intake system fitted on the same day! and yesterday i ordered the jb4 from burger motorsports so hopefully that will come before the 29th and i will have that on aswell. will post the results

im really interested to see what the JB4 will allow in respect with tweeking, i missed out on the first batch of JB4 upgrades waiting for burger to get some more in where did you order yours ?

get the jb4 upgrade kit and u will make another 7-10whp & 10-12lb/ft torque

well the JB4 upgrade is the plan, hope burgertuning to get some more units in so i can order one.

Reactions: Salik Sajid
well the JB4 upgrade is the plan, hope burgertuning to get some more units in so i can order one.

Hopefully by next week 2nd batch qill be available although the whole unit jb4 is available now

Sent from my HTC 10

Reactions: 24styles
im really interested to see what the JB4 will allow in respect with tweeking, i missed out on the first batch of JB4 upgrades waiting for burger to get some more in where did you order yours ?

i got mine direct from burger motorsports website, was just looking through facebook at midnight the other night and some one had said on ther that its out so i was lucky to get one. think the jb4 is instock on the website, but the upgrade kit that i got is still sold out.

Guys does the JB4 etc enable gearbox map as well for auto cars to provide shift point clamping pressure benefits?
Cheers
D

Guys does the JB4 etc enable gearbox map as well for auto cars to provide shift point clamping pressure benefits?
Cheers
D

No but since Jb4 is a piggyback and the true torque is not reported to the tcu it is not needed at the torque levels achievable with oem/is38/is20 turbo.

(Exception if low on dsg fluid and needing top up...)

It does have boost per gear however (possible to set lower on 1,2,3).

I was lucky and managed to get one this week, and also ordered a BT connect kit with it. So looking forward to playing around, log analyzing and fine tuning...
Best christmas present possible for a tech nerd... :D

Btw there are dedicated Jb4 threads at golf mk7, gti section, and vwvortex, r section, with lots of information and posts already.

Strongly recommend taking a look if having any interest in the topic...

Be aware though that power figures are at the wheels, US style...

Btw there are dedicated Jb4 threads at golf mk7, gti section, and vwvortex, r section, with lots of information and posts already.

Strongly recommend taking a look if having any interest in the topic...
Yes, i always check tht forum and i have told George to become member of this forum but the number of jb1 is too low

Sent from my HTC 10

Yes, i always check tht forum and i have told George to become member of this forum but the number of jb1 is too low

Sent from my HTC 10

Sad...
Would be really nice with official thread/support here...
Perhaps if several of us mail him... :)

i would have prefered a map but the car is a lease so i wanted fully removable tune

map 1 + 5.o

oem airbox with vwr filter intake hose and elbow to turbo

its a superflow 2wd 1000hp dyno
I too have a lease facelift and am a little worried about the dtuk box bringing up codes when you take it to Audi

just ordered JB4 upgrade kit rev1 RHD, hopefully i get it by next week.

just ordered JB4 upgrade kit rev1 RHD, hopefully i get it by next week.

ordered mine on release day and paid for the faster shipping and its veen sat at parcel force customs for 2 days now :( looks like i will be getting taxed for it....

ordered mine on release day and paid for the faster shipping and its veen sat at parcel force customs for 2 days now :( looks like i will be getting taxed for it....
Sorry to hear tht, I usually ship out to my relatives in US to avoid tax/shipping costs.

Sent from my HTC 10

Reactions: 24styles
its left customs, could be with me tommorow :) should deffinatly be with me buy the 29th which is rolling road day :)

will do, think the hardest part will be routing the cable through into the cab :(

yea ive seen the lhd videos, had a quick look on my car the other day abd i couldnt see the grommitt that they go through behind the battery but i found it on the otherside by the pedals.....but to run the cable through that grommitt on the drivers side is too close to the exhaust for my liking...so im gonna take the battery out and find somewear that side to stick it through but then i get the joy of feeding it along behind the dash :(

I cudnt find any grommet behind the battery maybe i didnt look properly. It's much easier for LHD as for them it is much closer to obd connector, we have to ziptie the cable wire to the wall to bring it upto pedal but if its really close to turbo or downpipe it's gonna be problem or if we find the hole on the passenger side tht wud be much easier to reach the obd connector.

yea i know wot you mean, i might take my battery out tonight and have a look down ther, if not then i guess it will have to run across the other side in the bay. that would be easyiest but just got to keep it clear of turbo and dp...

its on :) i followed the instructions from the website and ran it through into the cab on the drivers side. im on map 2 and it seems faster and alot smoother.

its on :) i followed the instructions from the website and ran it through into the cab on the drivers side. im on map 2 and it seems faster and alot smoother.
Any pictures of installing jb4 ? How fast it wud be now?

Sent from my HTC 10

all the photos you need are on the downloadable intructions on the burger tuning website bud, im a novice and i managed :)

Blag all blag

all the photos you need are on the downloadable intructions on the burger tuning website bud, im a novice and i managed :)
Actually i wanted to see the rubber grommet u have used, i ve printed out instruction

Sent from my HTC 10

the rubber gromitt is in the picture in the instructions

map 2 shell v power

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161229-143313.png
    Screenshot_20161229-143313.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 281