Facelift Anybody regret modifying their car in any way?

2017RS3sedan

Reaction score
Myself if I buy another RS3 would just lower it with wheel spacers and actually enjoy the factory warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta
Myself if I buy another RS3 would just lower it with wheel spacers and actually enjoy the factory warranty

I’ve only gone stage 1, intake pipe and spacers....more than happy so will just leave it there. Don’t really want to chance my luck any more than that.

Sorry to hear about your car!!!!!

Reactions: 2017RS3sedan
I’ve only gone stage 1, intake pipe and spacers....more than happy so will just leave it there. Don’t really want to chance my luck any more than that.

Sorry to hear about your car!!!!!

Thanks for the details bro. I was happy with my stage 1 with only Downpipe though found heak soaking to be bad with extra boost.

I regret buying the milltek exhaust as it melted my diffuser and the way they handled it was absolutely appalling. Avoid milltek at all costs!

Reactions: Seanix, FBF01, AudiNutta and 1 other person
My last merc was mapped and regularly serviced at MB dealership, they didnt batter an eyelid.. In contrast, ive heard audi will virtually shutdown on you on locating a map, this may/not be true.
One expects ones car to be reliable, one expects mappers to offer reliable maps.. but when/if it does fail... you have no friends..
Its your gamble, your risk in the end. I would still go for map but only because my driving temperament needs it..

Been tuning and modding for many years and many cars without issues.

My car is extensively modified and I’ve had zero issues.

A reputable remap and mods isn’t going to harm you. I think if you have rare underlying issues they might aggravate them.

Will happily tune a car once it’s nearly a year old and well run in and not showing any issues with gearbox or engine.

When you say “regret” i supppse it depends on your context?

TBH, I modded every car I have owned in some way.......from XR2 to RS Turbo’s in the 90s to Type R’s and S3’s in the noughts and since 2012 I’ve modded all 4 of my RS’s including my present ‘67 plate Saloon and to date I have never looked back.

Having said that I’ve done tonnes of mods that I would have possibly done differently with hindsight but surely that is the fun and one of the reasons why these forums exist.

I suppose I’ve always been a modest and cautious modder but I absolutely salute many of the ‘best in class’ fellow owners on here who take our brand to the next level

I have learnt so much about the four rings from the Gents in this site and my advice would be - understand why you think you want what you want and then once you can answer that research as much as you can and then go forth with no regrets! (Although I just read the 30k engine blow thread )

Reactions: EdmundVR4 and D0C
My last merc was mapped and regularly serviced at MB dealership, they didnt batter an eyelid.. In contrast, ive heard audi will virtually shutdown on you on locating a map, this may/not be true.
One expects ones car to be reliable, one expects mappers to offer reliable maps.. but when/if it does fail... you have no friends..
Its your gamble, your risk in the end. I would still go for map but only because my driving temperament needs it..

Thanks bro appreciate your input.
I understand where they come from why should Audi have any responsibility? They have provided us with a great performance vehicle for basically peanuts that takes on most hi end vehicles. Then we go chop and change it. I guess on their Behalf it’s arrogant. If I worked for Audi id tell myself to go get ****** as well lol

Curiously what are your regrets?

My 8P is heavyly modified but then it is outside warranty and it’s not my everyday car

My RS3 is only lowered with different wheels. I wouldn’t modify it any further within my [5] warranty. I’ll probably trade it in with some warranty left on it to attract potential buyers but that isn’t until 2021

When you say “regret” i supppse it depends on your context?

TBH, I modded every car I have owned in some way.......from XR2 to RS Turbo’s in the 90s to Type R’s and S3’s in the noughts and since 2012 I’ve modded all 4 of my RS’s including my present ‘67 plate Saloon and to date I have never looked back.

Having said that I’ve done tonnes of mods that I would have possibly done differently with hindsight but surely that is the fun and one of the reasons why these forums exist.

I suppose I’ve always been a modest and cautious modder but I absolutely salute many of the ‘best in class’ fellow owners on here who take our brand to the next level

I have learnt so much about the four rings from the Gents in this site and my advice would be - understand why you think you want what you want and then once you can answer that research as much as you can and then go forth with no regrets! (Although I just read the 30k engine blow thread )
Engine rebuild for less than £5k though surely even in a RS3.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Insurance is probably double, if not more... and the hassle of returning everything to stock when it comes time to sell up will also be annoying. I don't think I'd go so far as to say I regret it though.

Curiously what are your regrets?

My 8P is heavyly modified but then it is outside warranty and it’s not my everyday car

My RS3 is only lowered with different wheels. I wouldn’t modify it any further within my [5] warranty. I’ll probably trade it in with some warranty left on it to attract potential buyers but that isn’t until 2021

Hey man,

To be honest I’ve owned so many cars From average to hi end and the rs3 was the only car I drove out the dealer and absolutely loved. Right now I feel like I bought a great car and wrecked it.

Hey man,

To be honest I’ve owned so many cars From average to hi end and the rs3 was the only car I drove out the dealer and absolutely loved. Right now I feel like I bought a great car and wrecked it.

It’s nice to hear somebody that has tuned their car, has said it was great from the off.. common consensus is that they need a tune to bring them up to scratch.

You win some you lose some, just extremely unfortunate this has come at such a cost for you. One things for sure, when your engine is fully forged and rebuilt you will have something special! A well reputable tuner should be able to do some really exciting things with it, as said on the other thread keep us all updated. Nice to see photos of the stripdown, it’s not often you see photos of these cars in bits.. get to see a bit more of the goings on. If you have engine tear down pictures that would be awesome :thumbs up:

It’s nice to hear somebody that has tuned their car, has said it was great from the off.. common consensus is that they need a tune to bring them up to scratch.

You win some you lose some, just extremely unfortunate this has come at such a cost for you. One things for sure, when your engine is fully forged and rebuilt you will have something special! A well reputable tuner should be able to do some really exciting things with it, as said on the other thread keep us all updated. Nice to see photos of the stripdown, it’s not often you see photos of these cars in bits.. get to see a bit more of the goings on. If you have engine tear down pictures that would be awesome :thumbs up:

I definitely will keep you update with pictures. Thanks man

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hey man,

I presume wrecked it by ‘over’ tuning it and by reading some of the comments, seems like you’ve blown it up?

I regret buying the milltek exhaust as it melted my diffuser and the way they handled it was absolutely appalling. Avoid milltek at all costs!
I had similar in an S3 figment was shocking and the weld from the pipe to the back box split on the first and replacement they gave me. Garbage

Reactions: billymc92