Anybody interested in a shared workshop space with other south easters?

Bourster

Reaction score
I have a large workshop (3000 square feet) that I use for my own project cars that I am looking to share with 2 or 3 other south easters or potentially make available to the broader group to meet up and work on your cars if enough people are interested to make this a regular club affair.

There is room for several cars and equipment (I have a lift, MIG/TIG welders, plasma cutter, hoists etc. myself) and would be a good opportunity to setup a central hub for all interested south easters. The workshop is in Newbury/West Berkshire, 10 minutes off J13 on the M4 so easy access. Let me know if you are interested and lets see what we could do.

Reactions: Jay A3
Thanks TonyH38, I am surprised I haven't heard from more folks as I had been looking for some shared workshop space for my project cars for some time without success, so i took the plunge and got my own workshop with a view to share with others. Early days I suppose.

Sounds interesting! It's a bit of a drive for me from Uxbridge area though. Depending on the individual cost, might still sign up if it goes ahead.

Sounds interesting! It's a bit of a drive for me from Uxbridge area though. Depending on the individual cost, might still sign up if it goes ahead.
Hi leshkin, thanks for your interest. I am going to gauge the level of interest over the next couple of weeks and see how many members I might be able to spread the cost against. Could potentially get several members paying a small monthly fee for casual access for repairs, maintenance etc. or I could share with 2 or 3 others who are more serious and want a permanent home for their car/project/workshop.

I will update this thread as it develops.

Cheers

Reactions: Sandra
If you were a little closer to the midlands i would have definitely taken you up on the offer. Life would be so much easier if i could hide cars from the wife, lol.

Reactions: leshkin and Sandra
If you were a little closer to the midlands i would have definitely taken you up on the offer. Life would be so much easier if i could hide cars from the wife, lol.
Good point Simon, another reason we should be doing this! ;-)

Reactions: JonBoi25
I have a large workshop (3000 square feet) that I use for my own project cars that I am looking to share with 2 or 3 other south easters or potentially make available to the broader group to meet up and work on your cars if enough people are interested to make this a regular club affair.

There is room for several cars and equipment (I have a lift, MIG/TIG welders, plasma cutter, hoists etc. myself) and would be a good opportunity to setup a central hub for all interested south easters. The workshop is in Newbury/West Berkshire, 10 minutes off J13 on the M4 so easy access. Let me know if you are interested and lets see what we could do.
interested.. last night i put up a post for this very thing, you are quite a distance away, ive got a 968 porsche I need to finish putting together, its freshly painted, and 80% back together, i need to fabricate the exhaust system and a few other bits, perhaps you could PM me with an idea of cost and when I would be able to access the workshop to work on the car

cheers,
Keith

interested.. last night i put up a post for this very thing, you are quite a distance away, ive got a 968 porsche I need to finish putting together, its freshly painted, and 80% back together, i need to fabricate the exhaust system and a few other bits, perhaps you could PM me with an idea of cost and when I would be able to access the workshop to work on the car

cheers,
Keith
Hi Keith,

I just PM'd you.

Shame this is not closer to me :(

Hi guys,

Just an update, the workshop has worked out well and we have a few people onboard now, in fact we have had to move to a bigger 4,500 foot workshop but we still have a bit more space so let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Reactions: joedredd, Sandra and leshkin
Glad to hear it has worked out as it was a great idea to begin with,hope it goes on being a success as it deserved to be.

Hi guys,

Just an update, the workshop has worked out well and we have a few people onboard now, in fact we have had to move to a bigger 4,500 foot workshop but we still have a bit more space so let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
That's fantastic to hear. I wish you all continued success. :) x

Thanks guys, it seems to be working out well so far so gonna see what else we can cook up!

I appreciate that this is a very old post now, but is your workshop still up and running?
I'm not that far away!

Reactions: AudiLeon96