Sportback Anybody had this problem or anything similar

W15hhh

Reaction score
PFL rs3 8v

Over the last couple of days I’ve noticed the slightest ever clunk/click/knock when the car is just about to gear down from 2nd to 1st gear

The noice is ever so slight so not sure if I’m being picky or there is a problem

Thanks

PFL rs3 8v

Over the last couple of days I’ve noticed the slightest ever clunk/click/knock when the car is just about to gear down from 2nd to 1st gear

The noice is ever so slight so not sure if I’m being picky or there is a problem

Thanks
If it's only happened recently then that would seem to indicate a problem. However, mine does have a bit of a clunk when downshifting at low revs from 2nd to 1st but I'm pretty sure it's just all of the power train and drive shaft etc and is quite normal.

I have had something like that from time to time, sometimes quite noticeably. It is, in my opinion, a result of harsher driving that causes the mechatronic unit to become more abrupt in response. A period of taking extra care to drive smoothly for a few days usually calms it down again.

Hard driving should always be done in M...

Just had exactly this changed from 2 to 1 with a jerk followed by a noise that sounded like a scaffold bar being dropped, engine shuts off on auto stop/start, then on startup same horrific noise

Any idea?

I'd be back to the dealer bleated loudly with that sort of noise...

Hmm I wonder if we’re on about the same noise as mine ain’t that loud but it is noticeable if you get me

I can tell when the car is going to do it it’s like a notch sound like something isn’t engaging properly