Anybody flash their S3s with REVO Stage2+ ?

Have I missed out on the group buy on S3-talk?

They may have one or two left - you better ask if you fancy one - they are currently chasing the K04 units down from Evo so not arrived in the UK yet.

Looking forward to getting mine

Its been quite sometime and last night I finally had my car flashed with the Stg2+ file. I'm copying and pasting my post from VWCSA forum so please excuse the names you guys don't know...

Just to add I have since changed my settings to B4 T4 F6 and I am dumbstruck as to how strong this car feels...its scary! What settings are all you other Stg2+ guys running?

"bum-clenching, stomach-churning, scrotum-tightening....
...fist in the face old school smack of power" For all you guys that have me on MSN and have been wondering WTF? That best descibes it and last night I got to experience it first hand
icon_lol.gif
Bjorn the man who is looking after the REVO dealership in Gauteng took a drive out to me last night to finally flash my car with what has been a much talked about Stg2+ file on the Audi-Sport forum. First off, Wayne has certainly entrusted a truly capable person of handling REVO as Bjorn proved this last night and I'm sure Jojo will agree. We asked questions and he answered without hesitation. Bjorn is one TALL oke
icon_eek.gif

Ok, back to the flash. Bjorn initially carried out a diagnostic to ensure that all was fine and a few intermittent errors popped up which he cleared. He then checked my ECU code to ensure that the file was the correct one for my car which thank heavens it was (Thanks KEV!) Next up, flashing time...the stg2+ file was loaded which took roughly 30min or more. At around 9:45pm we went out and did some logging and setting changes....

I reversed out of my driveway and was excited to feel what the cars response would be....I never expected it to be as insane as it was
icon_eek.gif
Bjorn and Jojo can attest to this, I was blown away by the car. This is what a S3 should feel like. The car revs all the way to 8k rpm but I doubt she's making power there
icon_lol.gif
What impressed me the most was that after reviewing the logs we noticed that the car was pulling 0 degrees of timing on B8 T1 F5. We upped the timing to 3 as well as the fuel to 6 and left boost at 8....max timing pull was between -4 and -6
icon_biggrin.gif
We have left it on this setting for now just so that we can let the car adapt (3hrs driving time)

This morning I decided to bring the car to work and my god is the torque insane on this car! Thank heavens I have a SPS so I'm gonna drop that boost abit and see how she fairs...can't wait to go logging with REVO Govender and Jojo because its going to be interesting to see how she responds to various settings.

REVO have really got a gem of a map in this Stg2+ file and I am so chuffed to have it on the S3!

Requirements for the Stg2+ file include:

*HPFP
*Aftermarket exhaust
*Cold Air Intake
*Upgraded IC (Not really a necessity)

Thanks to Bjorn as well as to Kev (Revo UK) for a truly awesome awesome map!

*COUGH* what about me.....i'm sure i did a lot of the leg work....:rolleyes: LOL!

Glad you're happy mate!

*COUGH* what about me.....i'm sure i did a lot of the leg work....:rolleyes: LOL!

Glad you're happy mate!

Indeed Carl and please do accept my humble apology. Thanks for assisting me whilst Kev was away and for making sure that my map would be ready...I honestly can't get the grin off my face. I'd go as far as saying the car with settings B4 T4 F6 feels like it wants to rip the tar of the road! Its just unbelievable and in all honesty I didn't expect it to be such a day and night difference in power delivery! Awesome work REVO! You guys have released a BEAUTY and unleashed the BEAST in my S3!

I agree with all your comments Rabbit, the stage 2+ map is awesome!

I'm currently running B9 T5 F9 which is how it was set up and it's great. I've not even looked into making any changes yet. It works as a tamed run-a-round and an animal which is just what I want so there's been no need. Mind you, I might go back to some more modest settings soon, just so I can feel the difference all over again.

Not had any problems with my clutch yet but it's at the back of my mind. I won't be surprised if starts to go one day and needs changing. Never mind, until then I'll just carry on ripping around tearing up tarmac with a huge smile on my face! lol

not a problem mate! a happy customer means we've done what we set out to do and is payment in its own right!

I agree with all your comments Rabbit, the stage 2+ map is awesome!

I'm currently running B9 T5 F9 which is how it was set up and it's great. I've not even looked into making any changes yet. It works as a tamed run-a-round and an animal which is just what I want so there's been no need. Mind you, I might go back to some more modest settings soon, just so I can feel the difference all over again.

Not had any problems with my clutch yet but it's at the back of my mind. I won't be surprised if starts to go one day and needs changing. Never mind, until then I'll just carry on ripping around tearing up tarmac with a huge smile on my face! lol

LOL! I actually was advised to lower boost settings thats why I tried B4T4F6...Its crazy how this car pulls away, the torque is amazing! I found that with the lower settings the top end doesn't feel as strong as the higher settings. Let me know when you give it a try:arco:

LOL! I actually was advised to lower boost settings thats why I tried B4T4F6...Its crazy how this car pulls away, the torque is amazing! I found that with the lower settings the top end doesn't feel as strong as the higher settings. Let me know when you give it a try:arco:

Is B4T4F6 a high boost setting for you when running the fuel pump then? It seems timing is good but fuel also seems low.
I'm currently running B6T5F9 (always advised F9) only stage 2 but I was always under the impression that that was why the fuel pump was needed, to run higher boost. I'm probably wrong as I havent done this yet!
Thanks

don't be scared of high settings! the s3's are very capable, Rabbit try boost 8 anf fuel 9 and then set up the timing from there!

Is B4T4F6 a high boost setting for you when running the fuel pump then? It seems timing is good but fuel also seems low.
I'm currently running B6T5F9 (always advised F9) only stage 2 but I was always under the impression that that was why the fuel pump was needed, to run higher boost. I'm probably wrong as I havent done this yet!
Thanks

No boost 9 is the high boost setting! it doesn't matter if you're not using a pump you can still run boost 9, we tuned these files to run to a certain hardware spec so as long as you meet the hardware spec you can run whatever settings you like as long as the intake temps are good and the c/f's doesn't exceed much more than 3

My setting when we initally flashed the car was B8 T1 F5 and it felt unbelievable! I'm going to run to my car quick to get my SPS and try the higher F setting and maybe up the timing to around 3 and see how she responds.

Cheers for that Carl, Kev also suggested that setting in a mail he sent me this morning:beerchug:

and we're not even in the same office at the moment!.....great minds eh ;)

A mate of mine just got back from flashing his S3....lol, reckons for the first time since owning his car, he is scared to drive it:haha: I'm sure he will post up his impressions when he gets back to the office or perhaps tonight. He reckons it scary how quickly it gets pass 7k rpm!

Okay ... Wusman's here to lay the smack down.

I trotted off for a nice drive this morning to Springs to visit Uncle Bjorn, as I shall now affectionately refer to him.

In case you were all wondering ... Uncle Bjorn is the new Jo'burg rep for Revo y'all.

Bjorn spent some time checking diagnostics and was happy that I'd kept my car clean and clear of errors. Nothing on the VAG scan.

So off we went and loaded the Stage 2+ map. Me sitting and listening to Bjorn's interesting technical stories on Tjooning. The boy knows his stuff. And shows it - he's an electronics engineer by trade.

Once she was loaded, we threw some basic settings at the map, being B7, T3 and F7, for those who want to know.

Bjorn started logging and I did what I like to do - started driving.

Immediately something was not so lekker. Bjorn noticed the boost was way off, struggling to get past 1.1 bar under load. So we popped the hood and bobs your uncle - Bjorn noticed one of the Forge DV connecter pipes (he knows the technical term) had come loose and the 2 cable ties used to fasten it were having a party together without the pipe. A bit of oil sprayed onto the Forge CAI proved this.

New clamps in place and the DV pipe was fixed. My lucky day I suppose - as Bjorn was there to fix it on the spot. Not a good idea to go trying to boost the t'ebo madly with a leak. And all.

So ... drum roll .... now for the low down on the smack down:

THIS MAP IS INSANE. IT IS LIKE WRITING POSTS ON THE FORUM WITH CAPSLOCK ON. PERMANENTLY.

It grabs your balls, chews them up, then spits them out on the side of the road and dares you to floor the accellerator pedal again. Sort of like playing a game of chicken. As in "so Wusman - do you deserve to drive me - I'm an insane beast with power that will only corrupt your young mind and destroy your innocence. I will slap you in the face and merge your spine into your seat. I am Lord Tawk. Killer of RPM"

Guys. I am honestly speechless. The difference is like night and day - almost like chipping the car for the first time.

I cannot wait for some real world testing and encounters. It's going to be fun.
:arco::arco:

Okay ... Wusman's here to lay the smack down.

I trotted off for a nice drive this morning to Springs to visit Uncle Bjorn, as I shall now affectionately refer to him.

In case you were all wondering ... Uncle Bjorn is the new Jo'burg rep for Revo y'all.

Bjorn spent some time checking diagnostics and was happy that I'd kept my car clean and clear of errors. Nothing on the VAG scan.

So off we went and loaded the Stage 2+ map. Me sitting and listening to Bjorn's interesting technical stories on Tjooning. The boy knows his stuff. And shows it - he's an electronics engineer by trade.

Once she was loaded, we threw some basic settings at the map, being B7, T3 and F7, for those who want to know.

Bjorn started logging and I did what I like to do - started driving.

Immediately something was not so lekker. Bjorn noticed the boost was way off, struggling to get past 1.1 bar under load. So we popped the hood and bobs your uncle - Bjorn noticed one of the Forge DV connecter pipes (he knows the technical term) had come loose and the 2 cable ties used to fasten it were having a party together without the pipe. A bit of oil sprayed onto the Forge CAI proved this.

New clamps in place and the DV pipe was fixed. My lucky day I suppose - as Bjorn was there to fix it on the spot. Not a good idea to go trying to boost the t'ebo madly with a leak. And all.

So ... drum roll .... now for the low down on the smack down:

THIS MAP IS INSANE. IT IS LIKE WRITING POSTS ON THE FORUM WITH CAPSLOCK ON. PERMANENTLY.

It grabs your balls, chews them up, then spits them out on the side of the road and dares you to floor the accellerator pedal again. Sort of like playing a game of chicken. As in "so Wusman - do you deserve to drive me - I'm an insane beast with power that will only corrupt your young mind and destroy your innocence. I will slap you in the face and merge your spine into your seat. I am Lord Tawk. Killer of RPM"

Guys. I am honestly speechless. The difference is like night and day - almost like chipping the car for the first time.

I cannot wait for some real world testing and encounters. It's going to be fun.
:arco::arco:

LOL IT IS YOUR RIGHT!!!!!

Hi Fellas,
My first post on as.net.I have an S-Tronic TTS,and am seriously considering the Revo stage 2+ upgrade.My car is stock at the moment,but listening to all the chat on this thread,has really got my juices flowing regarding the re-map.Had an e-mail exchange with Carl this morning,and hes also tempting me on this.I suppose my biggest concern is,will the S-Tronic box survive the torque you are all experiencing?,regards, SIMON.

I suppose my biggest concern is,will the S-Tronic box survive the torque you are all experiencing?

Not sure if the S-tronic is the same as the ones in the Golf, but there are quite a number of DSG examples in the states with much more power and torque.

If you are still worried, HPA seems to be offering some solutions. There's also a mention of a clutch pack upgrade in this thread?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4158907

Hi Fellas,
My first post on as.net.I have an S-Tronic TTS,and am seriously considering the Revo stage 2+ upgrade.My car is stock at the moment,but listening to all the chat on this thread,has really got my juices flowing regarding the re-map.Had an e-mail exchange with Carl this morning,and hes also tempting me on this.I suppose my biggest concern is,will the S-Tronic box survive the torque you are all experiencing?,regards, SIMON.

If the S-tronic box can survive this map then I reckon you are going to have one insanely quick TT-S! I took my car out earlier because I just can't get enough of the power.....honest to god this car is just hot damn hell I have no words:respekt: Tarmac ripping, neck snapping power like no other!

Speak to carl @ revo he may have something that will help ;)

Hello Andy,
Carl has said that they have not seen any problems with the S-Tronic boxes,but im intrigued as to what the "something that will help" bit is?,regards, SIMON.:)

If the S-tronic box can survive this map then I reckon you are going to have one insanely quick TT-S! I took my car out earlier because I just can't get enough of the power.....honest to god this car is just hot damn hell I have no words:respekt: Tarmac ripping, neck snapping power like no other!

Hi Rabbit222,
Your enthusiasm and explanation of the re-map is grin inducing in itself,but can i ask what you are comparing the performance to,as in other quick cars you have owned,regards, SIMON.:sm4:

Hi Rabbit222,
Your enthusiasm and explanation of the re-map is grin inducing in itself,but can i ask what you are comparing the performance to,as in other quick cars you have owned,regards, SIMON.:sm4:

I've had my S3 since 2007 so I'm basically giving you my view point as to how well the software has progressed from then. I've owned mostly VWs, my first one being a VR6. I then went onto a Mk4 GTI which I heavily modded. The car made 215kw ATW with over 430nm....being a FWD, torque steer was a huge problem! I then went onto the MK5 GTI which had its fair share of mods. I got as far as loading Stg2 REVO on the car but in all honesty felt that REVO could have did better with that map...stage1 REVO cars would hold me up to 4th gear and thats where I would get away. The S3 however is something else, with stg1 software + intake she felt great. I fitted my Milltek zorst and in all honesty the car felt down on power then again I was running stage1 software which wasn't really helping me much as the stage 1 software is not developed to work with an aftermarket zorst. I have been driving the car like this since last year April/May and was happy with the power although in the back of my head felt that i could get more power out of it....this is why i rate the stg2+ software so highly because it reaffirmed my belief that the S3 had HUGE potential and this software has just unleashed the beast in my car! You can see that the guys at REVO took their time developing this map so that all the components required for stg2+ could work together in harmony....i say this because for the first time since fitting my zorst, i can actually say its doing its job. The tone is much more raspier. The intake is sucking alot more air...you can hear it alot more louder...the acceleration is just phenomenal! I love it!

Hi Rabbit222,

I've had my S3 since 2007 so I'm basically giving you my view point as to how well the software has progressed from then. I've owned mostly VWs, my first one being a VR6. I then went onto a Mk4 GTI which I heavily modded. The car made 215kw ATW with over 430nm....being a FWD, torque steer was a huge problem! I then went onto the MK5 GTI which had its fair share of mods. I got as far as loading Stg2 REVO on the car but in all honesty felt that REVO could have did better with that map...stage1 REVO cars would hold me up to 4th gear and thats where I would get away. The S3 however is something else, with stg1 software + intake she felt great. I fitted my Milltek zorst and in all honesty the car felt down on power then again I was running stage1 software which wasn't really helping me much as the stage 1 software is not developed to work with an aftermarket zorst. I have been driving the car like this since last year April/May and was happy with the power although in the back of my head felt that i could get more power out of it....this is why i rate the stg2+ software so highly because it reaffirmed my belief that the S3 had HUGE potential and this software has just unleashed the beast in my car! You can see that the guys at REVO took their time developing this map so that all the components required for stg2+ could work together in harmony....i say this because for the first time since fitting my zorst, i can actually say its doing its job. The tone is much more raspier. The intake is sucking alot more air...you can hear it alot more louder...the acceleration is just phenomenal! I love it!