Anybody flash their S3s with REVO Stage2+ ?

Rabbit222

Reaction score
Website
www.vwclub.co.za
Hey guys, long time since my last visit:redface: I received a mail from my local REVO dealer yesterday informing me of the arrival of the Stage 2+ maps for the 8P S3. I see that REVO claim a 30HP gain over Stage1:faint: Has any of you guys loaded it yet and what are your impressions? I plan on having the map loaded in a week or 2:)

Thanks in advance

Got mine done a couple of weeks ago. It's a must. It definitely adds more "noticeable" power. Pulls like a train. For the price of the upgrade, it's a no brainer!

I'm having trouble getting onto to some rollers for some BHP readings, the place I was booked into last Saturday had a problem with a speed sensor so I couldn't get a run. Hopefully the end of this week it should be fixed so I'll be able to post up some results.

I know S3 Big Andy had a plot done after his upgrade - he was up around 360 BHP!

Woosa! That sounds awesome!!! I can't wait to get it done
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the feedback mate.

i know i'm a little bias but it's the perfect setup on an S3 short of BT

power delivery is simply awsome! the car's feel sooo strong and are genreally giving you everything they can from a relativly stock setup! i'd like to have a run in a S3 with a twintercooler as i'm sure you'll see another 5-10BHP from them!

anyway....enjoy :)

power delivery is simply awsome! the car's feel sooo strong and are genreally giving you everything they can from a relativly stock setup! i'd like to have a run in a S3 with a twintercooler as i'm sure you'll see another 5-10BHP from them!

Sorry to be thick Carl as I'm sure you've answered this elsewhere but do I need the uprated fuel pump for this ?
I've got a dealer visit coming up soon (20k service) so when they inevitably reflash the ECU and lose my Revo I may as well upgrade to this when I get Revo reinstalled - as long as its Ok with the standard pump.
Also - does the Select + gadget still work with this upgrade ??
Lastly - Prosport in Stockport are my nearest Revo dealer: would they have access to this upgrade ?
Dumb questions I'm sure but just getting it clear in my head.
Ta mate

Cheers for that mate and again thanks for getting my map off to Will. He reckons I should have it flashed by next week and then its time to GO PLAY:superman:

@ Iggu

I just read through the Product datasheet and these are the requirement for Stage 2+

*2.75-3" downpipe with high flow cat or decat exhaust.
*Cold air intake
*High pressure fuel pump
*Uprated or additional Cooler

Do engine mounts and clutch need uprated at this point?

Any other `weak links`to think about or are these things really that tough?
100bhp over std is significant.

Im on stage 1 REVO at the minute, which is excellent..however........:rolleyes:

cheers
Paul

Love mine! revo used my car as a test bed, and you guys are getting one hell of a remap!!!!

cannot sell this enough for them, but I try!

Mmmm, wonder if I will see similar gains...reason being that we in SA have the 188kw version of the S3 and not the 195kw. I am over anxious for this map, i really hope and pray that its going to be a cracker!

Nice one Carl.
One quick question though...I will obtain shortly an APR intercooler. Do u think it will do the job or do I need specifically a FORGE Twincooler? (BTW I really do not fancy trimming!!!)

any aftermarket setup should do the job ;)

Iggu as stated already in the tread you will need a pump

an uprated clutch and engine mounts will help but aren't neccisary; just ask andy ;)

Mmmm, wonder if I will see similar gains...reason being that we in SA have the 188kw version of the S3 and not the 195kw. I am over anxious for this map, i really hope and pray that its going to be a cracker!

as long as you're using good fuel and intake temps are good i would imagine so... the tuning is similar ;)

Is FMIC a must for Stage 2+ Carl? Or can it be done on OEM IC? Would of thought the S3 cooler would be sufficient, whether the GTI will be is another question...

a FMIC isn't required but would be prefered! your stock one will surfice if you really don't want to change it!

£50 plus VAT over the price of Stage I + Stage II I think so £599 plus VAT.

Although reading your sig you have a TDi, I assume you know this refers to the TFSi engine.

£50 plus VAT over the price of Stage I + Stage II I think so £599 plus VAT.

Although reading your sig you have a TDi, I assume you know this refers to the TFSi engine.

Wow! £703 is ALOT of money for a remap, it wasn't for me Stu its for a friend considering a TT-S!! I'm not that stupid! :banghead: :keule:

To be fair, I'll get discount on that price, so it's all good. Just need to get a proper price on this 360bhp package. Gonna be cheap though really for 100bhp over stock, anybody done cooler and clutch on that?

I think it would be fairer to consider it as Stage 2 + and not a 360hp package. :tapedshut:

It won't be that cheap in total as you need a couple £k more stuff to go with it.

TBE
Fuel Pump
Intake

Just for starters.

Most of the gains would come from the intake from what's been posted here before. HPFP I suppose can give you a little more in the midrange (but mostly it just helps out the guys who's pumps cant deliver requested). Is there really that big % still to be extracted from stage 2 software? Is there a dyno sheet somewhere to compare with for the same car before/after just the software upgrade?

I think it would be fairer to consider it as Stage 2 + and not a 360hp package. :tapedshut:

It won't be that cheap in total as you need a couple £k more stuff to go with it.

TBE
Fuel Pump
Intake

Just for starters.

Milltek Turboback system
Revo Stage 2 +
Evoms Intake
Fuel Pump

Just like Big Andy, 360bhp! Cooler and clutch happy days. Still cheap for the gains, trust me.

Mate I've been in TFSi tuning for longer than I care to remember so it's not a case of 'trusting you'.

Perhaps you should 'trust me' when I say don't get hung up on the 360hp target figure, if you are having it done then accept that what you get is what you get and it will drive very well. REVO is excellent software and they've had quite a few quid of my money over the years, but remember marketing is marketing and like you obviously have been, people are drawn in by big numbers.

Milltek Turboback system
Revo Stage 2 +
Evoms Intake
Fuel Pump

Just like Big Andy, 360bhp! Cooler and clutch happy days. Still cheap for the gains, trust me.

agreed!

it's never numbers we're after.....the cars feel phenominal and that's the most important thing! we want you to really want to drive your car and i'd like to think we're doing our job in delivering a product that does that :)

Most of the gains would come from the intake from what's been posted here before. HPFP I suppose can give you a little more in the midrange (but mostly it just helps out the guys who's pumps cant deliver requested). Is there really that big % still to be extracted from stage 2 software? Is there a dyno sheet somewhere to compare with for the same car before/after just the software upgrade?

Andys dynograph....

NewImage.jpg

Mate I've been in TFSi tuning for longer than I care to remember so it's not a case of 'trusting you'.

Perhaps you should 'trust me' when I say don't get hung up on the 360hp target figure, if you are having it done then accept that what you get is what you get and it will drive very well. REVO is excellent software and they've had quite a few quid of my money over the years, but remember marketing is marketing and like you obviously have been, people are drawn in by big numbers.

Okay? But those mods I have stated will get you roughly around 360bhp mark, I bet the car does drive amazingly well. I was referring to Big Andy's thread, he has achieved 360bhp-ish with those mods!

Your tone is unbelievably condescending. If you're not a headmaster already you should be.

Your tone is unbelievably condescending. If you're not a headmaster already you should be.

Well I'm sorry you see it that way, it wasn't intended.

It's becoming all too common for people to quote figures for X Y Z remap which to be honest are unrealistic.

The point I'm trying to make is that REVO is very good software, but the figures quoted in the marketing literature are exactly that, marketing. Much like when Audi said you'd see 42.8mpg (Extra Urban) in your S3.

As long as you don't walk into your tuner expecting to see 360hp then you won't be dissapointed. If you do expect that and it isn't delivered what are you going to do?

Within reason a Dyno Operator can produce figures to suit your requirements but who are you kidding?? Myself I want to know the truth and I want to know that it drives well.

I think, judging from the reply above, that Carl agrees and understands the point I am trying to make and if he's spoken at all to Kev about it will know the lengths that I have gone to in order to quantify 'my' opinion.

Stu, all I'm trying to say is that the mods that Big Andy has done including the Revo map has gained him roughly 360bhp! You are starting to babble, I know Revo is good software, thats why I'm considering it for my car!

Stu, all I'm trying to say is that the mods that Big Andy has done including the Revo map has gained him roughly 360bhp! You are starting to babble, I know Revo is good software, thats why I'm considering it for my car!

Just remember that dyno figures are not absolute. It's purely an estimate and can vary with quite a bit depending on a lot of factors and should be used to compare figures taken on the same day at the same dyno.

Stu isn't babbling, but merely trying to say that you should think about what you are paying for first as they are still trying to sell their product.

How much would a stage 1 car with those hardware mods make roundabout? Rabbit, are you going to do before and after dynos when you load it?

Thanks Sakkie, well put.

N8KOW - Have a close look at the dyno graph posted above and you'll see why it doesn't stand up.

Now this is nothing against Big Andy or REVO, what I am trying to say is don't get taken in by the numbers hype just take it for what it is a face value and enjoy it.

Finally managed to get mine on the rollers at the weekend. I've REVO Stage 2+, Milltek TBE, Neuspeed intake and an Autotech fuel pump upgrade. Here's the result

chris_edited-1.jpg

As can be seen, 340 BHP in 4th gear. Not quite the 360 thats been posted before but pretty good all the same.

It was shame I didn't have a before and after the Stage 2+ map because that would have been good for comparison but it wasn't to be.

All I can say is that the car is stonking! The drive is fantastic and Stage 2+ rocks! Can't recommend it enough.

Yeah I was a bit upset that it didn't produce the huge figures that have done the rounds but who knows, a different set of rollers on a different day it might have.

Yeah I was a bit upset that it didn't produce the huge figures that have done the rounds but who knows, a different set of rollers on a different day it might have.

Bingo - Rolling Road lottery!
340bhp and looks like pretty much 340lb/ft - can't argue with that.
I'm hoping for something similar when i get the new CAI and zorst on mine

Peak torque at just over 3000rpm too.. awesome mate!!

Make take on all of the figures stuff, for what its worth, is that so long as your happy with how the car drives etc then numbers are pretty much irrelevant.. Yeah its nice to know your power and torque figures but really having a dyno print out for your car should be for fun, and not serious comparisons.. :)

i think you would see a bit more power with an Evoms intake though mate, the Neuspeed isn't great, had one on the S3 initially before I switched to Evoms, felt like I gained a fair bit at the top end of the rev range!

Jonny

How much would a stage 1 car with those hardware mods make roundabout? Rabbit, are you going to do before and after dynos when you load it?

My car with Stage1 made around 205 ATW, software and intake only(Feb2008). I havn't yet dyno'd to see if there has been any gains since fitting the zorst and pump. I am still running the stage1 map and am quite excited about the possibility that the stage2+ map is going to finally enhance my performance mods. I intend to do a before and after dyno to see what the gains are....

Yeah, without wanting to repeat myself to much, it drives brilliantly. Really smooth and powerful. If anyone fancies a blast and finds themselves in my neck of the woods, you're more than welcome.

Jonny - I think trying an Evoms will be the next major thing. Might have to wait a while to justify buying 2 intakes in such a sport space of time! Have I missed out on the group buy on S3-talk? I'm gonna try the intake mod/fresh air duct you made up to see if that helps first, as it will work with both intakes it won't go to waste.

Rabbit - go for it.

Cheers guys.