Anybody else old enough....

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
....to remember this??
It REALLY starts to bring back memories at 1:45 of the video. That theme tune! :thrashi:

This one was pretty :rockwoot: too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes.....those were the days!! :)

One of my faves was Decathalon (zxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxz)

....to remember this??
It REALLY starts to bring back memories at 1:45 of the video. That theme tune! :thrashi:

Young whippersnapper! This is where I started:

I remember that game well. Pull down on the joystick to accelerate, wasn't it?

Push up, I think. Left and right to rotate. It really was my favourite game on the 2600, probably until Starmaster game out (a clear progenitor to Elite). Tanks was actually a very tactical game as they moved so slowly it was hard to simply jump someone.

I must've had the joystick upside down. :sos:

Here's another game I was addicted to...

Just checked with my emulator on the iPad (how times have changed!) and it is push up to move forwards. :)

Never saw Tutankham before. Games were so expensive back then I guess we all had limited libraries. Of course, there was then a surge of rental shops which appeared and it became easier to try new things.

Another favourite of mine, which I still play on my iPad is HERO:

Controlling it with the touch screen is a little tricky, but then so was controlling it with the joystick!

I got bored just watching the intro!!

Amiga 500 is more my era

I got bored just watching the intro!!

Amiga 500 is more my era

I remember seeing the Amiga for the first time on Microlive (2:05):

I was 13 at the time and thought that I would never own a computer that powerful... Though I did get one a while later, and of course all our smart phones are now much more powerful that an Amiga 500!

Reactions: J3NKO
I remember seeing the Amiga for the first time on Microlive (2:05):

I was 13 at the time and thought that I would never own a computer that powerful... Though I did get one a while later, and of course all our smart phones are now much more powerful that an Amiga 500!

AWESOME! haha

It is scary how times have changed! God knows what the future holds for gaming....

Will be 34 this year.

My first computer was a Commodore 64 and shinobi which would have been late 80's I would have been about 10 years old. God I feel old now.

Last edited:
I used to love shinobi on the master system (and later the mega drive)

Shinobi was bada55!!!

Anyone remember Kung Fu Master, he used to walk thru a platform and avoid the snakes etc??

Also, Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja or how about Chase HQ the machine with a steering wheel?

Those were the days :)

Shinobi was bada55!!!

Anyone remember Kung Fu Master, he used to walk thru a platform and avoid the snakes etc??

Also, Bad Dudes vs Dragonninja or how about Chase HQ the machine with a steering wheel?

Yep, Kung Fu Master. Used to play it in the local chippy. Classic.

Golden Axe, anyone???

Lol...same here Ads.

Yep Golden Axe was a good one too, how about Double Dragon??

It was all about the elbow move!!

Shinobi was bada55!!!

I have all those games on my lappy! MAME Emulator FTW! :cool:

I was a Spectrum man too start with with external tape player, those were the days.
Horace goes skiing, R-type, Yi Ar Kung Fu
then moved up to the 128k, N.e.s, Master System, S.n.e.s, N64, Sega Saturn, PS, now Xbox, waiting on the One now.
I think I should get out more often.
At least we don't have to wait ten minutes to load anymore only to crash at the end. That suck major ***.

Loved golden axe, streets of rage, Kung fu master, r-type etc

They don't make games like they use to! Sure all the graphics are brilliant today, but nothing touches Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition in the arcade for gameplay.

Anyone remember "How to Be a Complete B*stard" on the ZX Spectrum? Hilarious and infantile. I remember the C64, but having an older brother he had a Commodore 16 I think, that's as far back as I think we went in terms of consoles. My Dad was an IT consultant so we always had PCs, breeze block-sized laptops and an OPD (one per desk) which had Snake and Chess on it, that's all.

Not that I have time to play games any more, but I'd always play Gran Turismo 1/2 on the PS1/2 before any of the newer ones. The graphics are terrible now but playability is still amazing especially compared to the latest, plasticky, unrealistic gameplay of the new ones.

Forgot to mention my first ever computer was an Amstrad CPC 464 with a green sceen monitor, it lasted 5 minutes before I blew it up! lol
Those were the days you had to stick your own plug onto the end of the wire, and the only fuse I had was a 13amp one instead of the recommended 5amp! :laugh:

Anyways, we took it back to Toys'R'Us for a full refund, as I was really upset, and my dad got me a SEGA master system instead a week later! Happy Days playing Fantasy Zone and Space Harrier. Infact, I still have an original Phantasy Star1 game and Miracle Warriors, which are collectable classics almost.

I'm bored at work. :eyebrows:
]
48E795E6-3EB0-4F7A-9325-F56CB32BF335-4542-0000037BA4D1F25C_zps12367cb3.jpg

I started on the old ZX80 then the 81 then the original Spectrum with rubber keys and upgraded that to the Speckie +. What a machine. As said before Jet Set Willy was THE game followed closely by Way of the Exploding Fist. I still have all these machines in their boxes up my parents loft so I might go and have a bit of clear out.